• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Is the news good or bad for someone with Schizophrenia?

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟392,179.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I wanted to ask this question because I think that the news is bad for chemical imbalances in the brain. I for one have a chemical misalignment in the brain and find that I am doing much better without the news in my life!
I know very little about Schizophrenia so cannot comment on it.
What I can comment on is whether Christianity is good or bad for you?

Yes I can understand that the conflict between theChristian world view and the atheistic secular world view can cause conflict, but seeking peace in a false world view is not going to do you any good.
Equally being caught in a Christian sub view that views mental illness as demonic or sickness as a lack of faith is even more disturbing.

Esentially the knowledge that your sins have been forgiven, that you and your illness is fully understood and allowed for, should be a cause for peace and stability.

Being part of a Christian fellowship who know you, suport you, care and pray for you, means you have a secure enviroment where you can live and serve God.

Neostarwcc

We are saved purely by the work and grace of God.
Site Supporter
Dec 13, 2015
US
✟932,949.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
I wanted to ask this question because I think that the news is bad for chemical imbalances in the brain. I for one have a chemical misalignment in the brain and find that I am doing much better without the news in my life!

I am bipolar and schizophrenic which is probably the worst mix of the two possible. When I'm manic I don't sleep and when I don't sleep my psychosis gets worse and worse. Oftentimes when I'm having an episode (Which is about once a year lasting for up to 1-6 months) I get the whole nine yards. Seeing things that aren't really there, hearing things that aren't there, paranoia, religious delusions, the works. So when I'm both manic and psychotic I'm usually in store for a long and sucky episode.

Sometimes I just get depressive symptoms but when I get depressed it isn't like normal depression. It's soul sucking depression that really sucks to go through.

But anyway, I'm kept mostly under control with medication (My episodes would be a lot more frequent and severe without medication. Learned that one the hard way) and I'm able to live a decent life. If I had the choice though, I wouldn't pick Schizophrenia as the mental illness of choice. If I could only be old school depressed that would be a fantastic thing and would be my pick of the litter.

Upvote 0