Is The Matrix Literally The Devil?? The World??

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟313,220.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Also the tragic fact is that the Wachowskis have themselves fallen victim to unnatural sexual desires, causing them to depart from their God-given anatomy.

It is my observation in this world, if you're up to something huge, the devil attacks you quite severely to discredit you. Like Nikola Tesla attacked with gambling problems and poverty. Even Vincent Van Gogh with poverty. Van Gogh's bigger contribution to this world are not really his paintings but the spiritual insights he shared in his letters.

While people making a big contribution to this corrupt world even if they are totally unaware of it, are blessed materially and a 'good life' by the devil. Even their existing problems miraculously go away. However, this 'good life' is only limited to this world.

Your core insight is good, the only problem is the extent to which the Matrix reflects a different approach to Christianity rooted in Gnosticism, postmodernism and deconstructionism. I mean, lest we forget, the Wachowskis made all of the principle cast members of the Matrix read Simulation et Simulacra.

The concepts is Matrix is not entirely postmodernist nor deconstructionist so it would not make sense to try to fit in these philosophies.

Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟313,220.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
The
Makes me think of this passage:

Luke 20:34-36

34 Jesus replied, “Marriage is for people here on earth. 35 But in the age to come, those worthy of being raised from the dead will neither marry nor be given in marriage. 36 And they will never die again. In this respect they will be like angels. They are children of God and children of the resurrection.
The Bible often refers to angels as stars or host of stars or the heaven and with man being just a little lower than the Angels.

So many incredible insights in the Book of Enoch, especially if you read it with the Bible. That Earth is not a planet but what is described is a galaxy that's why it's flat and had 'ends' like a disc.

"Nations" on the other-hand would be the planets and those described as "Angels" assigned for the protection of a nation are basically other solar systems. Like in our case, the "Sun" is the angel, protecting our nation (the planet we call Earth).

The Matrix is possible but unlike the movie. Our real bodies might actually be some of the stars out in space. Why Jesus said the flesh amounts to nothing, friendship with the world is enmity of God.

Upvote 0

YahuahSaves

Nov 19, 2022
Melbourne
✟30,343.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The

The Bible often refers to angels as stars or host of stars or the heaven and with man being just a little lower than the Angels.

So many incredible insights in the Book of Enoch, especially if you read it with the Bible. That Earth is not a planet but what is described is a galaxy that's why it's flat and had 'ends' like a disc.

"Nations" on the other-hand would be the planets and those described as "Angels" assigned for the protection of a nation are basically other solar systems. Like in our case, the "Sun" is the angel, protecting our nation (the planet we call Earth).

The Matrix is possible but unlike the movie. Our real bodies might actually be some of the stars out in space. Why Jesus said the flesh amounts to nothing, friendship with the world is enmity of God.
Yeah I've heard about it, tried to read it but it seems like a majority of it is mythology. (IMO). Perhaps it was the authors time and his limited understanding of spiritual things...it is difficult to describe spiritual things in human language I'll admit. The way I see it, Jesus is referring to our bodies being celestial bodies in the resurrection and unable to decay or die like our earthly bodies do.

Your post also made me think of one of the bible projects episodes:

Reactions: Terri Dactyl
Upvote 0

YahuahSaves

Nov 19, 2022
Melbourne
✟30,343.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Another video in relation to this quote

Upvote 0

stevevw

inquisitive
Nov 4, 2013
Brisbane Qld Australia
✟259,031.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Firstly, the Word that St. John speaks about in John 1:1-18 is Jesus Christ; John 1 describes how the Only Begotten Son and Word of God became incarnate for our salvation. This is why John 1:1-14 is traditionally read on Christmas Day in the Western Protestant and Catholic churches, and John 1:1-17 on Pascha (Easter Sunday) in the Eastern churches.
Yes but the 'Word' becoming flesh points to it originating from something beyond the flesh that is the source of everything. It reveals Gods invisible powers (something immaterial) that made and underlies the objective world.
Secondly, Scripture makes it clear the objective world is real, and was created by God the Father by the Word, His Son, and is good.

The rejection of this doctrine is per se Gnosticism.
Yes the objective world is real but its like a surface reflection of something deeper. Its a manifestation of Gods invisible powers and qualities. The Bible speaks of this world as temporal and only a drop in the ocean of eternity. Whereas what is ultimately real even now is Gods Kingdom for which we can achieve here on earth by living within that deeper reality which is Gods' will.

Hebrews 11:3
“By faith we understand that the universe was formed at God's command, so that what is seen was not made out of what was visible”
2 Corinthians 4:18
while we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen; for the things which are seen are temporal, but the things which are not seen are eternal.
Colossians 3:2
Set your minds on things that are above, not on things that are on earth.
2 Corinthians 5:1
For we know that if the tent that is our earthly home is destroyed, we have a building from God, a house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens.

The Bible says we should store up our riches in Heaven and not on earth. We can appreciate that objective reality has a certain purpose for helping us navigate this earthly plane. But its not the ultimate reality which is beyond and can be experienced now. So investing in the things of this world, putting faith in the ways of the world and making objective reality the only reality is how Satan works in deceiving people that this world is everything and all there is.

Last edited:
  • Useful
Reactions: YahuahSaves
Upvote 0

The Liturgist

Traditional Liturgical Christian
Site Supporter
Nov 26, 2019
The Wild West
✟495,802.00
Country
United States
Faith
Generic Orthodox Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Yes but the 'Word' becoming flesh points to it originating from something beyond the flesh that is the source of everything. It reveals Gods invisible powers (something immaterial) that made and underlies the objective world.

That which is beyond the flesh is the Uncreated Divinity of Jesus Christ, His divine essence which is shared with Him and the Holy Spirit by the unoriginate Father, who begets the uncreated person of Jesus Christ, His only-begotten Son and Word, by whom all things are made, before all ages, and from whom the uncreated person of the Holy Spirit proceeds.

Thus the doctrine of the Incarnation is that the Only Begotten Son and Word of God, who is God, one of the three persons of the Trinity (John 1:1, Matthew 28:19, and 1 John 5:7-9, among numerous other verses), put on our fallen human nature in order to restore and glorify it, becoming the New Adam, undoing the damage done with original sin through His salvific work on the Cross and enabling us to have everlasting life by rising from the grave, just as He rose from the grave. St. Athanasius said of the Incarnation “God became man so that man could become god”, that is to say, we do not become omnipotent members of the Trinity, but rather, through grace we become what Christ is by nature, receiving the blessing of life everlasting and overcoming temptation, sin and death in the world to come. Fr. John Behr, the former dean of St. Vladimir’s Seminary, put it eloquently in stating that (in the passion of Jesus Christ) God died in order to show us how to be human.

Yes the objective world is real but its like a surface reflection of something deeper. Its a manifestation of Gods invisible powers and qualities. The Bible speaks of this world as temporal and only a drop in the ocean of eternity. Whereas what is ultimately real even now is Gods Kingdom for which we can achieve here on earth by living within that deeper reality which is Gods' will.

Hebrews 11:3
“By faith we understand that the universe was formed at God's command, so that what is seen was not made out of what was visible”
2 Corinthians 4:18
while we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen; for the things which are seen are temporal, but the things which are not seen are eternal.
Colossians 3:2
Set your minds on things that are above, not on things that are on earth.
2 Corinthians 5:1
For we know that if the tent that is our earthly home is destroyed, we have a building from God, a house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens.

The Bible says we should store up our riches in Heaven and not on earth. We can appreciate that objective reality has a certain purpose for helping us navigate this earthly plane. But its not the ultimate reality which is beyond and can be experienced now. So investing in the things of this world, putting faith in the ways of the world and making objective reality the only reality is how Satan works in deceiving people that this world is everything and all there is.

Obviously I reject emphatically the idea that this world is the only reality, for to do so would be to deny the existence of Heaven and Hell, and also Christian Eschatology as summarized by the Nicene Creed: the Life of the World to Come, into which those who are judged worthy by Christ Pantocrator will be admitted following the General Resurrection.

And I agree that the diabolical modus operandi consists to a large extent of deceiving people concerning the relative importance of secular things.

Last edited:
Reactions: stevevw
Upvote 0

Aaron112

Dec 19, 2022
TULSA
✟56,365.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
In Relationship
It sometimes makes you wonder what 'deity' Christians really serve? If you read the New Testament carefully, the things that Jesus was offering was spiritual insights and supernatural gifts. These are the things Jesus referred to as "life" or "abundance" which has nothing to do with material blessings ("The flesh counts for nothing" - John 6:63).

And in Hebrew 11, the last verses, we read that many of the Lord's followers will face many hardships, including poverty until they die.

Satan on the other hand, he clearly stated he offers material rewards.
Not 'Christians' only, but any people anywhere. Who do they serve ? It is written, or not.

Upvote 0

Mark Quayle

Monergist; and by reputation, Reformed Calvinist
Site Supporter
May 28, 2018
Pennsylvania
✟800,960.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Widowed
The distinction John makes is between the political-economic entities created by man and the planet itself.

The planet was created good, but has been suffering since Adam stepped down from his position as steward of the planet...it's been coasting downward ever since. I believe that God intended Adam's stewardship (that is, Adam and his descendants to this day) to have been the entire universe, not just this single planet.

But the political-economic entities created by man--city-states, nations, corporations, and such--have always been under the control of Satan.

I do think the original Matrix movie had several useful analogies to Christian apologetics. My wife and I discussed them on the way home from the very first time seeing the movie in the theater.

That's why Satan did not attempt to try Jesus by showing Him the mountains, the rivers, the oceans, and saying, "I can give you all this." Instead, Satan displayed all the "kingdoms of the world"--the political-economic entities--and claimed them as his own. Jesus did not dispute that because it's true.

It sometimes makes you wonder what 'deity' Christians really serve? If you read the New Testament carefully, the things that Jesus was offering was spiritual insights and supernatural gifts. These are the things Jesus referred to as "life" or "abundance" which has nothing to do with material blessings ("The flesh counts for nothing" - John 6:63).

And in Hebrew 11, the last verses, we read that many of the Lord's followers will face many hardships, including poverty until they die.

Satan on the other hand, he clearly stated he offers material rewards.
Bear in mind though, that it is God who establishes and tears down governments. Satan is just an unwilling servant, to put it nicely. His every rebellious thought and action plays perfectly into God's hand.

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,491,902.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Bear in mind though, that it is God who establishes and tears down governments. Satan is just an unwilling servant, to put it nicely. His every rebellious thought and action plays perfectly into God's hand.

Maybe he's not that unwilling. Maybe he volunteered to be the fall guy.

Upvote 0

Mark Quayle

Site Supporter
May 28, 2018
Pennsylvania
✟800,960.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Widowed
Maybe he's not that unwilling. Maybe he volunteered to be the fall guy.
By "unwilling" I meant he wishes it were not so. Of course he does all he does out of hatred for God and hatred of all that God loves. He does everything he can to ruin God's plans, but I doubt he really thinks he will prevail in that, as if this is a duality of purpose, rather than God's purposes coming to pass in every detail. Satan is bound to be frustrated and angry.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟313,220.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Yeah I've heard about it, tried to read it but it seems like a majority of it is mythology. (IMO). Perhaps it was the authors time and his limited understanding of spiritual things...it is difficult to describe spiritual things in human language I'll admit. The way I see it, Jesus is referring to our bodies being celestial bodies in the resurrection and unable to decay or die like our earthly bodies do.

Your post also made me think of one of the bible projects episodes:

I don't think it's mythology because Enoch's description of Hades matches exactly the description of our galactic center, only revealed in recent times by our newest and most powerful telescopes.

Everything comes into meaning in that book once you realize Enoch was talking about the Universe or our galaxy, not just one planet.

Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟313,220.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single

In recent history it seems the good leaders are assassinated, killed, or replaced by any other means and a 'puppet' takes their place. This happens a lot in poor countries and surprisingly, in USA as well.

Seems to confirm the verse 1 John 5:19 (the whole world is under the power of the devil)

Upvote 0

YahuahSaves

Nov 19, 2022
Melbourne
✟30,343.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I don't think it's mythology because Enoch's description of Hades matches exactly the description of our galactic center, only revealed in recent times by our newest and most powerful telescopes.

Everything comes into meaning in that book once you realize Enoch was talking about the Universe or our galaxy, not just one planet.
Have you got an English translation you can point me to? I have read a bit but the sites weren't safe and/or the format was nearly unreadable.

Upvote 0

Mark Quayle

Site Supporter
May 28, 2018
Pennsylvania
✟800,960.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Widowed
In recent history it seems the good leaders are assassinated, killed, or replaced by any other means and a 'puppet' takes their place. This happens a lot in poor countries and surprisingly, in USA as well.

Seems to confirm the verse 1 John 5:19 (the whole world is under the power of the devil)
But if as some translations inject, the whole world is under the power of the evil one (which isn't quite what the original says, but close enough), does than mean that God does not have it, like all things, under his control?

• Useful
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟313,220.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟313,220.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
But if as some translations inject, the whole world is under the power of the evil one (which isn't quite what the original says, but close enough), does than mean that God does not have it, like all things, under his control?

Why not look at it in Greek as well, enjoy!

It also simply mean God is allowing it or as Jesus said, it is NOT His kingdom to fight for.

In the Bible, in other verses, it is said that some nations are under the authority of fallen angels. These angels are often worshiped as gods in these nations. And these nations do the bidding of these false gods. And since nations can also be interpreted as 'planets'. Then indeed, a whole planet can be working for a fallen angel or a false god.

It will only end when these angels are judged to be condemned. And those 'nations' would likely be destroyed along with the fallen angel.

The Bible did mentioned the Earth ending up in flames, melted by the heat. Total annihilation / extinction event. We're leaning towards a much greater possibility our 'angel' is one of the fallen, or evil according to the overall tone of Christ's message. Especially when only FEW will find the way and everyone else is just under the spell of the false god of this world.

Reactions: Mark Quayle
Upvote 0

Mark Quayle

Site Supporter
May 28, 2018
Pennsylvania
✟800,960.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Widowed
Why not look at it in Greek as well, enjoy!

It also simply mean God is allowing it or as Jesus said, it is NOT His kingdom to fight for.

In the Bible, in other verses, it is said that some nations are under the authority of fallen angels. These angels are often worshiped as gods in these nations. And these nations do the bidding of these false gods. And since nations can also be interpreted as 'planets'. Then indeed, a whole planet can be working for a fallen angel or a false god.

It will only end when these angels are judged to be condemned. And those 'nations' would likely be destroyed along with the fallen angel.

The Bible did mentioned the Earth ending up in flames, melted by the heat. Total annihilation / extinction event. We're leaning towards a much greater possibility our 'angel' is one of the fallen, or evil according to the overall tone of Christ's message. Especially when only FEW will find the way and everyone else is just under the spell of the false god of this world.
I was looking at it in the Greek. And yes, I understand the distinction (from our POV) of being 'under God's control' vs 'God allowing'.

Upvote 0

dms1972

Site Supporter
Feb 26, 2013
✟629,614.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I don't think the devil can be everywhere, or omnipresent, as he is a finite created being.

Upvote 0

YahuahSaves

Nov 19, 2022
Melbourne
✟30,343.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I don't think the devil can be everywhere, or omnipresent, as he is a finite created being.

That's why ha-satan is not alone, there are demons. Essentially they work through the minds of people and we have media and technology infiltrating every part of our lives and in that sense is I think what the OP is talking about.

Upvote 0