Is it hard?

junezephyr

Dec 13, 2006
✟3,837.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Private
I don't practice a vegan diet, so I won't answer on whether it generally feels hard or not. I will say, however, that if you're considering veganism, you should do thorough research first. A variety of vitamins, minerals, enzymes, and proteins are important for different functions in your body. It's difficult to fulfill all of these requirements via a vegan diet if you're not very carefully planned out. It can be easy to acquire imbalances over time if the details aren't taken care of.

Upvote 0

Blank123

Legend
Dec 6, 2003
✟56,875.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
i probably shouldn't answer since i'm not entirely vegan but i will say it can be tough in that once you make that choice and start paying closer attention to the food you're buying you start realising just how much food out there really contains animal byproducts. but others will tell you there definitely are benefits, especially if you've done your research to make sure you're getting a well balanced diet.

but i'm mostly bumping this up for others to respond to so feel free to ignore me :D

Upvote 0

Crusader05

Veteran
Jan 23, 2005
Omaha, NE
✟22,762.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Hey. I went vegan for about 10 weeks and it was very challanging. I didn't do it in a very smart way and I tried to make the switch too quickly. It went well for a while and I had the support of a vegan friend. I felt very good and lost about 20 pounds.

I eventually got off the diet and regressed back into meat eating. I'm in the military and with traveling it's very dificult to stay on such a strict diet. The military culture is also very pro-meat and living in the South (Arkansas) most meals consist of meat (usually fried) and a variety of starches (also fried).

I really want to get back into it, but this time take it slower and more systematic. I'm a sucker for the convience of picking up fast food and I love sushi. At home I cook fairly often and it's always vegan; I use a lot of tofu and temphe to get protien. I also have this great vegan protien shake.

Anyway, good luck to everyone out there who is working to improve their diets. It is a big challenge but it's worth it for your health, the animals and the environment.

Upvote 0

laughterlines

Mar 5, 2009
Southern Ontario, Canada
✟15,159.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Single
I'm a vegan, and it wasn't difficult for me either. I did have a lot of help and support from my Naturopath, who educated me on having a healthy balanced diet.
You have to have a good understand what you're eating and how it works, but really, we should have that understanding no matter what diet we choose.
And like others said, benefits greatly outweigh the inconveniences.
Good luck and God bless!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Love233

Aug 15, 2007
✟12,182.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
CA-Others
Is it hard being vegan???:|
yes definately some points but, in the end it's worth it. What I like most about it is, I can eat until I'm full and still loose weight not to mention no animals are harmed. I never felt better in my life. It's very hard to eat out at restaurants though because everything has meat and cheese, eggs. I actually went out to eat the other night and ordered 3 sides. sweet potato fries, steamed broccoli (no butter loved it) and onion rings so to be vegan you must first love animals. Then the sacrifices you make mean one less animal slaughtered or mistreated as in the case of a dairy cow

Upvote 0