✟89,781.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
ESV Genesis 4:

8 Cain spoke to Abel his brother. And when they were in the field, Cain rose up against his brother Abel and killed him.
LXX used the lexeme G615-ἀποκτείνω.

Exodus 20:

13 You shall not murder.
LXX:

Οὐ φονεύσεις [G5407].
Is aborting a baby murder?

The Didache, also known as "The Teaching of the Twelve Apostles," was written in the 1st century AD. Its authors thought so, Didache 2:

2 ου φονευσεις, ου μοιχευσεις, ου παιδοφθορησεις, ου πορνευσεις, ου κλεψεις, ου μαγευσεις, ου φαρμακευσεις, ου φονευσεις τεκνον εν φθορα ουδε γεννηθεν αποκτενεις.
not you will murder, not you will do adultery, not you will do child sex, not you will do illicit sex, not you will steal, not you will do magic, not you will do sorcery, not you will murder child to destruction neither newly begotten in the womb you will kill.
Lightfoot:

Thou shalt do no murder, thou shalt not commit adultery, thou shalt not corrupt boys, thou shalt not commit fornication, {thou shalt not steal,} thou shalt not deal in magic, thou shalt do no sorcery, thou shalt not murder a child by abortion nor kill them when born.
The Christians of Didache, around the time of the apostles, believed that the artificial destruction of a fetus/child inside or outside the womb was murder and killing.

See also When does soul life begin in the womb?.

Reactions: Mark Quayle

Vambram

Born-again Christian; Constitutional conservative
Dec 3, 2006
Saint James, Missouri
✟71,969.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Abortion is killing an unborn baby. It is immoral to do. The only exception to my pro-life stance against Abortion would be to save the life of the mother, or if the pregnancy was done by rape or incest.

Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟113,446.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Abortion is killing an unborn baby. It is immoral to do. The only exception to my pro-life stance against Abortion would be to save the life of the mother, or if the pregnancy was done by rape or incest.
Amen brother. That is my 100% stance as well, and I even say something along those lines on my profile. :)

Upvote 0