Iosias

Senior Contributor
Jul 18, 2004
✟9,648.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Private
I have come back from my holiday to find that Erwin has kindly created a forum for us dispensationalists.:) I thought it would be good if we could introduce ourselves. Here I go:

General: My name is Richard and I live in England. I currently attend a Baptist church in Newcastle-upon-tyne where I attend university reading Economics and Politics.

Theological: I adhere to a (pre-tribulational) premillenial dispensationalism which is best termed Classical. I believe that the church began in Acts 2 however I sympathise with the view that Israel was not set aside until later (Acts 7, 13 or maybe 28).

Thats me done :wave:

wobbly

child of God
Jul 5, 2004
Central Coast,NSW
✟239.00
Faith
Protestant
Hi everyone,

My name is Martin. I live in Australia at Gosford, its on the East coast about a third of the way up from the bottom. I'm middle aged with a wife and 3 beautiful daughters.

I attend an Evangelical Church now but was in the Salvation Army for most of my life. I learnt Acts 28 dispensationalism from my Dad and have recently been introduced to Reformed Theology through my church. Its fun putting them together.

I'm not to sure about the future apart from the fact God's chosen me so I'll trust him to look after the details.

cheers
Martin

Upvote 0

Breetai

For I am not ashamed of the Gospel...
Dec 3, 2003
✟23,820.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I am Blake. Like RVincent, I was raised Lutheran(hey! I didn't know that you were Lutheran!). I am extemely content in the Lutheran church and don't plan to leave, since I believe Luther was correct on most things, except for one thing...eschatology. That, I am not sure on.

I've always been curious about the second coming of Christ and the Lutheran church never talked in detail about it much. They subscribe to amillennialsim, which demands a figurative approach to part of the Bible. Now if we are living in the end times now, the 'book' may have been opened and we can now understand some things which Daniel was talking about better. Luther, for example, wouldn't have had these things revealed to him.

In my studies, I've found that I cannot reject dispensentionalism(or pre-millennialism/pre-tribulationalism). Although I cannot fully accept these things as for sure true at this time, I still cannot say that 'they are false'. So for things like the pre-trib. rapture, I will not be surprised if I am 'caught up' in the clouds with Christ suddenly one day. Nor will I be shocked if Jesus returns with out a seven-year tribulation. As of right now I don't know with full confidence what will happen, but I'm having a good time trying to figure it out!

Upvote 0

TheScottsMen

Veteran
Jul 8, 2003
Minneapolis, MN
✟8,995.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
y! My name is Will. I was brought up and confirmed Lutheran. I later started attending a Pentecostal Church and from there a WOF Church where I'm at now. I first heard of Dispensationalism when I started attending the Pentecostal Church which taught more of a Acts 2 perspective. Today, I'm an Acts 13 dispey.

So..

Lutheran -> Pentecostal -> WOF -> Acts 13 Dispey :D

Upvote 0

@@Paul@@

The Key that Fits:Acts 28
Mar 24, 2004
Seattle
✟11,081.00
Faith
Baptist
AV1611 said:
I have come back from my holiday to find that Erwin has kindly created a forum for us dispensationalists.:) I thought it would be good if we could introduce ourselves. Here I go:

General: My name is Richard and I live in England. I currently attend a Baptist church in Newcastle-upon-tyne where I attend university reading Economics and Politics.

Theological: I adhere to a (pre-tribulational) premillenial dispensationalism which is best termed Classical. I believe that the church began in Acts 2 however I sympathise with the view that Israel was not set aside until later (Acts 7, 13 or maybe 28).

Hey AV!! Paul here... from lovely Washington State..

I guess I’m an Independent KJV-only, Bible Believing Baptist who's draws the line at Acts 28!! Not a HARSE line as some hyper’s do, but a definite distinction before AND after Acts 28:28...

Upvote 0

daveleau

In all you do, do it for Christ and w/ Him in mind
Apr 12, 2004
Bossier City, LA (removed from his native South C
✟22,974.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm Dave. :) I am not a strict dispensationalist, but have hefty dispensational leanings. I try not to claim any man-made titles in my theological ideas. I'm a student at Liberty University Seminary working towards my MAR. I'm in a Baptist church now, but, again, do not hold absolute ties to any denomination other than Christianity as a whole. :) I'm a B-52 navigator in the USAF and am married to a wonderful young and beautiful girl named Wendy. I believe that the divisions in Christianity are wrong because we use them for more than simple differences in ways to worship God. I beleive the Bible is the infallible Word of God and that it comes in many different and equally useful translations. I am open-minded in that I trust people and listen but will always verify what is said against the Word before considering a change in my way of thinking. I live in Louisiana, now, but miss my home of South Carolina. I spent the vast majority of my life there and went to school there at The Citadel.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

JM

Augsburg Catholic
Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2004
Canada
✟758,629.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
AV1611 said:

General: Jason, and I live in Canada. I attend a Baptist Church, I have a wife and three children, study the word, teach and study martial arts.

Theological: I adhere to a pre trib rapture, but find I tend to be a leaky dispensationalist allowing progressive views to sway me from time to time. I'm an Acts 2 man. I'm a strong calvinist and don't see Grace any other way, dispensational theology tends to suit the calvinistic world view better, so that's were I stand.

Upvote 0

LamorakDesGalis

Sep 22, 2004
Dallas Texas
✟11,088.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi, I just found the introduction thread for this forum after posting quite a bit.

I've been a progressive dispensationalist since 1991, and many years prior to that I was a traditional dispensationalist. I attended Dallas Theological Seminary and they gave me a ThM for all their trouble. In fact they also gave me a job. I live in Dallas Texas (actually Garland) and I have a wonderful wife and 5 kids, aged 12, 10, 8, 4, and 2.

Oh, and about my handle: its the name of a knight in the King Arthur tales.

Lamorak Des Galis

Upvote 0

TheScottsMen

Veteran
Jul 8, 2003
Minneapolis, MN
✟8,995.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
LamorakDesGalis said:
Hi, I just found the introduction thread for this forum after posting quite a bit.

I've been a progressive dispensationalist since 1991, and many years prior to that I was a traditional dispensationalist. I attended Dallas Theological Seminary and they gave me a ThM for all their trouble. In fact they also gave me a job. I live in Dallas Texas (actually Garland) and I have a wonderful wife and 5 kids, aged 12, 10, 8, 4, and 2.

Oh, and about my handle: its the name of a knight in the King Arthur tales.

Lamorak Des Galis
Glad to have you with us! Quick question, I've heard that DTM is moving more towards progressive dispensationalism. Is this true?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Status
Not open for further replies.