India and Pakistan

India v Pakistan, where do you think it's going?

• There will be a full nuclear war

• There will be a limited nuclear war

• The war will be limited to nonnuclear weapons as it is now

• The war will become a cold war

• There will be a workable peace settlement

Results are only viewable after voting.

strathyboy

Jan 30, 2002
Visit site
✟1,376.00
Originally posted by Susan
What do you think?
I personally believe there will be a nuclear war there before the year's out. And we will be dragged into it. :eek: :sigh:
You?

I would have to disagree as well. I don't think either side is silly enough to use nuclear weapons. I agree with you, however, that if there is a "nuclear exchange" (such a nice way of putting the total annihilation of countries or continents), the US will most definitely be drawn into it.
I think both could threaten use of nukes, but I don't think they'll use them.

Upvote 0

coastie

Hallelujah Adonai Yeshua!
Apr 6, 2002
Central Valley of CA
Visit site
✟8,286.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I agree that the liklihood of a nuclear war between the two nations is slim at best but we really don't know how much control Pakistan has over the use of such weapons.

It is a fact that there are a few Pakistani generals that are functioning on their own. They aparently have their own agendas. If one of them has adequate control over a Nuclear war-head, they may choose to use it. If this happens, watch out world, because Pandora's box has been opened.

Upvote 0
I voted that the war will remain limited to convetional weapons. At the moment, there is no actual war; but it might well escalate. The chances of any nation ever using nuclear weapons unless their back is to the wall is extremely limied. this in turn means that the chances of one nation forcing another, nuclear, nation into such a position is very slim. India might well be able, for example, to convetionally overwhelm Pakistan. India however will limit its tactical objectives so as to meet its main strategic objective, which is "no nuclear war".

As to rogue pakistani generals letting off odd nuclear weapons, the chances for this happening are so remote as to be negligible. nuclear devices, despite what one sees in James Bond films, are not set off like firecrackers. It is extremely difficult for such weapons to be used at anything but the national level.

Upvote 0

StogusMaximus

Feb 5, 2002
Visit site
✟4,841.00
Faith
Protestant
I believe there will be a limited use of nuclear weapons. The reason I believe so is that neither party seems to understand the "power" they are dealing with. Both the US and Russia during the Cold War knew what would happen if either side exercised the Nuclear Option.

India and Pakistan neither seem to realize the devistion a nuclear war would have on their countries. They are appear to be willing to do anything just to "win".

I believe there will be a limited exchange, which will "open the eyes" of both parties as to what they are dealing with.

Upvote 0

GraftMeIn

The Masters Gardener
May 15, 2002
Visit site
✟6,403.00
Pakistan has declared they will use nuclear weapons even if India only uses conventional weapons. India knows that fallout from a nuclear bomb sent from them to Pakistan could kill thousands of their own people but they have said that they can afford to lose them, and Pakistan can't. In any event from what I have read, and seen on the news, It looks like Pakistan is just waiting for any excuse to make use of the Nuclear weapons they have. I'm starting to get the feeling that it's only a matter who will pull the first trigger, and when.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Wildfire

Feb 13, 2002
Visit site
✟954.00
I have just heard on Fox news that the USA is urging all Americans who are currently in India, to leave immediately. This is a voluntary alert.
They estimate that if a full scale war of nuclear force breaks out between these two countires, between 11 and 17 million people will be killed.
Wildfire

Upvote 0

Susan

退屈させた1 つ (bored one)
Feb 16, 2002
El Cajon, California, USA
Visit site
✟15,012.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I heard that.
BTW In one estimate fallout in the worst case scenario could reach as far as Afghanistan on the west, Northern China on the north, Singapore and even Australia to the south, and to the east the Philippines.
In other words all of south Asia is in danger. Please pray that this war ends. . .now. :pray:
I'm not very optimistic though. There was some man on the news saying "there will be no war. . ." but I know that when they say "Peace, Peace," sudden destruction comes.
:pray: :cry:

Upvote 0

niwde

Mar 7, 2002
Visit site
✟643.00
ask the US government to pay few billions to build a spacecarft capable of transporting the whole population of inda and pakistan with their weapons and sent them off to mars
upon reaching let them fight all they want
so that the bird still sings on earth

all of them are without love,muslims and hindus,disgarce to their religion,all the sermons gave by their leaders are all rubbish
have u ever see people of the same race(DNA)fight just because they wanna gain control of a piece of land
i would say it would be wisier to hold a memorandum asking kashmiris to vote for independence like east timor or citing for sovereigty from pakistan of india
let the people choose instead of to nations fighting over it

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums