✟3,046.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Originally posted by The Gunner
Always listen with an open mind and heart, never be judgemental and try to remember what it was like to be their age. Always let them know that they can talk to you about anything. Lift them up in prayer always!!!!!!

I have 4 kids ages 11(boy),13(girl),15(girl),18(boy).

Well, you are certainly qualifited to offer advice! :eek:

Thanks for your input  :) 

Upvote 0

Blynn

Jan 15, 2002
✟22,809.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
I have three. :) Andy(13), Adam(10) and Katie(6).

The Gunner has given some excellent advice. Yes, lift them up in prayer daily.

I have found that the thing a child wants the most is you. Your undivided attention and your time.

Parenting is an awesome job and responsibility, but the biggest blessing and most rewarding thing in the world.

Upvote 0

VOW

Feb 7, 2002
*displaced* CA, soon to be AZ!
Visit site
✟28,000.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
You're going to find a LOT of advice out there....and, LOL, I find that most parenting advice is often from people who don't have kids, but they sure know how kids are supposed to behave!

I've been that frazzled parent who has been targeted with a hostile glare!

The best piece of advice I can give to ANY parent is this: when you are wrong, APOLOGIZE TO YOUR KID.

Even a three year old can understand it when you say, "Mommy lost her temper, and she's so sorry she yelled at you and hurt your feelings."

A grade school child can appreciate it when you say, "I over-reacted when I saw that you hadn't done your chores. I should have waited to see what your reason was."

And a teen will understand it if you say, "Look, I had a really crappy day at work, and I took it out on you. I was wrong, and I'm sorry."

Peace be with you,
~VOW

Upvote 0
Jul 26, 2002
Canada
✟42,777.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There is nothing wrong with locking YOURSELF in the bathroom and counting to one hundred...

Only answer the question they ask, and don't give them more answer than they can understand.

No child has ever started kindergarten in diapers.

Don't lecture!

When they say no kisses, it just means not yet, or not here. Not that they don't love you.

They'll still need their mommy when they are 18.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
I'll add this to the excellent advice already given. Be as kind and polite to your children as you are total strangers. I just cringe when I'm at the store and hear how some parents talk to their children! You can be firm and in control without being ugly.

Dr. Dobson has great books on children.

Blessings,
pennypincher

Upvote 0