Not open for further replies.

GoodNewsJim

Senior Veteran
Aug 2, 2006
Visit site
✟20,152.00
Faith
Presbyterian
In the General Apologetics, I felt strongly that what I said was being insulted instead of discussed. I quit going to General Apologetics because I didn't think I was doing any good.

Even though I know God is real, Jesus is Lord, people would just give me a hard time.

Hopefully this new forum will work out well. We should pray for this forum. We should pray that it really does bring people to learn that Jesus is real, and that people become Christians from what they learn.

Reactions: Minty

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,949,300.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
In the General Apologetics, I felt strongly that what I said was being insulted instead of discussed. I quit going to General Apologetics because I didn't think I was doing any good.

Even though I know God is real, Jesus is Lord, people would just give me a hard time.

Hopefully this new forum will work out well. We should pray for this forum. We should pray that it really does bring people to learn that Jesus is real, and that people become Christians from what they learn.
I came to the conclusion that it's not what we say they don't like --- it's what we are. I've said things before and taken ridicule for it, only to go into another thread later, where an atheist said basically the same thing and got high-fived.

Upvote 0

Emmy

Senior Veteran
Feb 15, 2004
✟50,995.00
Faith
Salvation Army
Dear JamesSager3. I am glad too, and will pray for this new forum. As long as we are signposts to the Lord, a little ridicule does not hurt. We have Jesus in our hearts, and no one can take Him from us. Greetings from Emmy, your sister in Christ. P.S. We know that Jesus won the victory, and nothing can change that: With God on our side, who, or what, can be against us?

Upvote 0

Minty

S.O.P.H.I.E
Aug 6, 2007
South East London, England
✟19,598.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Greens
Dear JamesSager3. I am glad too, and will pray for this new forum. As long as we are signposts to the Lord, a little ridicule does not hurt. We have Jesus in our hearts, and no one can take Him from us. Greetings from Emmy, your sister in Christ. P.S. We know that Jesus won the victory, and nothing can change that: With God on our side, who, or what, can be against us?
:amen: to that :)

Upvote 0
R

RobinRedbreast

Mod Hat On

Hey guys :wave: This thread is being closed at this time. We want to bring your attention briefly to the following Forum Specific Guidelines for Exploring Christianity:

Exploring Christianity Forum
This is a forum where non-Christians are encouraged to ask questions about those aspects of the Christian faith which seem hard to understand or accept, and where Christians can enter into discussion with them on these questions.

We recognize that real seekers are looking for real answers, and the first reply given may be insufficient to achieve this. It is acceptable for the Original Poster (OP) to probe the answers given, and to continue the discussion on lines which help to clarify their understanding of the Christian faith. If another non-Christian seeker wishes to ask questions about the Christian faith, they may start their own thread. No more than one non-Christian (the OP) may post in a thread.

All Original Posts (OPs) -- the posts that start a new thread -- must contain an identifiable question about the Christian faith. Questions and statements that are direct flames or that imply a flame against Christianity, Christians, or any other group are inappropriate to this site, and will be removed.

To summarize: Non-Christians start the threads, with a question about the Christian faith, and Christians proceed to answer. That is, and will continue to be, the specified format of this sub-forum. :angel:

As a result, this thread doesn't quite fit the guidelines, so we do have to close it; however, staff recognizes the good intentions of the poster, we do want you to know that. :hug:

Regards,
Morning~Glory
Ministry Team Moderator

Mod Hat Off

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.