If you could saying anything in your online dating profile...

Citanul

Well, when exactly do you mean?
May 31, 2006
Cape Town, South Africa
✟213,219.00
Country
South Africa
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Yeah, I've seen women that say, "Must have passport" or "Passport in hand, will travel" and kid you not they probably go on 3 to 4 trips a year.

Those sorts of people seem to have lives that consist of a cycle of travelling and then working until they've got enough money for the next trip after which they're off again. That's definitely not a lifestyle for me.

Upvote 0

NotUrAvgGuy

Jul 19, 2015
Boise, Idaho
Visit site
✟70,787.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I love to travel but always for photography. I wouldn't mind company but unless you are a fellow photographer you would probably be bored hanging out with me. I'm not into the night life, the markets, the museums, etc. I am more out in the wilds away from people often getting up early to shoot the sunrise. I am not into food and drink so I spend as little time and money on those things as possible. I can hit a beach now and then but bumming around a beach is totally boring for me. I prefer mountains and extreme weather to warm beaches. My last 2 out of country trips were to Iceland in the fall and northern Norway in the fall. 40s and rain in both places. Not most people's idea of a vacation. :)

Reactions: dayhiker
Upvote 0

blackribbon

Not a newbie
Dec 18, 2011
✟190,401.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
I am sort of baffled by this thread. Why aren't you just honest in your profile? Yes, it means less people respond but the ones that do most likely are better matches. Why do you want to waste time conversing with someone who isn't a match. If you don't like pets that are close companions...say so. There are other people that are "not pet people". And if you read something that isn't what you like, just don't contact them. They are being honest (hopefully) and really looking for a partner that does like to travel or whatever...don't waste their time by contacting them...and suggesting that they don't post those things that matter, isn't really going to help them. Why judge them or make assumptions on where their money is coming from...especially, if you aren't interested in their hobby.

Is the goal to have a million dates or find people that you really have things in common with? If a woman says that she likes wine on the beach....just assume that she does and don't contact her. Simple answer. She isn't trying to a get a date from you...she is trying to get a date with someone who will like sitting on the beach, with wine, and talking.

If a man says he wants someone to watch college football with every Saturday and Sunday...that is a hint to who he really is. Yes, it isn't likely to attract as many women but he is being honest and there are women who do like that. And for the women who think they want a man who talks and talks and talks about hopes and dreams and feelings, good luck but there are some who do just this.

Why not just post who you are and wait to see what happens. A million dates with the wrong person is not the way to find that person who is a personality match.

Upvote 0
Jun 18, 2011
San Francisco Bay Area
✟65,034.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
I am sort of baffled by this thread. Why aren't you just honest in your profile? Yes, it means less people respond but the ones that do most likely are better matches. Why do you want to waste time conversing with someone who isn't a match. If you don't like pets that are close companions...say so. There are other people that are "not pet people". And if you read something that isn't what you like, just don't contact them. They are being honest (hopefully) and really looking for a partner that does like to travel or whatever...don't waste their time by contacting them...and suggesting that they don't post those things that matter, isn't really going to help them. Why judge them or make assumptions on where their money is coming from...especially, if you aren't interested in their hobby.

Is the goal to have a million dates or find people that you really have things in common with? If a woman says that she likes wine on the beach....just assume that she does and don't contact her. Simple answer. She isn't trying to a get a date from you...she is trying to get a date with someone who will like sitting on the beach, with wine, and talking.

If a man says he wants someone to watch college football with every Saturday and Sunday...that is a hint to who he really is. Yes, it isn't likely to attract as many women but he is being honest and there are women who do like that. And for the women who think they want a man who talks and talks and talks about hopes and dreams and feelings, good luck but there are some who do just this.

By the way,I am always honest when writing my profiles. But,my honesty is not working!

Why not just post who you are and wait to see what happens. A million dates with the wrong person is not the way to find that person who is a personality match.

Ideally ,what you wrote should work. But, we do not live in an ideal world. :(

For example,in Christian Mingle,I answered 138 women's ads, who wrote that they love to travel. After I told them that,I too,love to travel,I only received 8 responses! That is only 5.8%. Out of the 8 women,who answered me,4 or 50%, said that they are already in a relationship. So,what gives?I do not make the news.I just report the news.

Upvote 0

blackribbon

Not a newbie
Dec 18, 2011
✟190,401.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status

For example,in Christian Mingle,I answered 138 women's ads, who wrote that they love to travel. After I told them that,I too,love to travel,I only received 8 responses! That is only 5.8%. Out of the 8 women,who answered me,4 or 50%, said that they are already in a relationship. So,what gives?I do not make the news.I just report the news.

You liked them. For whatever reason, liking to travel wasn't enough for them to like you back. It is only one part of what they are looking for. It actually sounds like being honest is working and you aren't wasting time talking to women who aren't interested in you. The goal should be to find the right one, not to be dating a million different women. That might mean you only date one or two different people a year...but that isn't any different than getting 300 first dates that don't lead to a second one...and your money stays in your pocket between real potential life partners.

Upvote 0

Mel2020

Not perfect
May 9, 2018
WGTN
✟29,403.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

138 ads.... wow

Upvote 0
Jun 18, 2011
San Francisco Bay Area
✟65,034.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
You liked them. For whatever reason, liking to travel wasn't enough for them to like you back. It is only one part of what they are looking for. It actually sounds like being honest is working and you aren't wasting time talking to women who aren't interested in you. The goal should be to find the right one, not to be dating a million different women. That might mean you only date one or two different people a year...but that isn't any different than getting 300 first dates that don't lead to a second one...and your money stays in your pocket between real potential life partners.

Only one or two dates a year? Wow! When I was younger ,I thought than when I grow up, and become financially ,and romantically successful,that I would have about two to three dates a month! Well,these ideas, about being romantically successful ,mean different things to men and to women.
Why do you think that most American boys want to be a Professional Athlete when they grow up? A Professional Athlete has no problem getting a date. On the other hand,a man would then wonder, "Does she want me for myself? Or does she want me for my money?" I did know guys ,in my High School, that they only reason that they played football,was because the girls were watching. For me,that was not my only reason for playing football.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

blackribbon

Not a newbie
Dec 18, 2011
✟190,401.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Only one or two dates a year? Wow! When I was younger ,I thought than when I grow up, and become financially ,and romantically successful,that I would have about two to three dates a month! Well,these ideas, about being romantically successful ,mean different things to men and to women.
Why do you think that most American boys want to be a Professional Athlete when they grow up? A Professional Athlete has no problem getting a date. On the other hand,a man would then wonder, "Does she want me for myself? Or does she want me for my money?" I did know guys ,in my High School, that they only reason that they played football,was because the girls were watching. For me,that was not my only reason for playing football.

I think success is having multiple dates in a month with the SAME person. That means you are building a relationship. And dating 3-4 different women a month means you aren't any closer to finding a significant other than the guy only dating the ones who really are potential matches.

FYI: In high school, I dated the guys that I could watch the high school football games with...usually they were in the band. My daughter is the college athlete that the guys show up to watch. LOL

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Jun 18, 2011
San Francisco Bay Area
✟65,034.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
I think success is having multiple dates in a month with the SAME person. That means you are building a relationship. And dating 3-4 different women a month means you aren't any closer to finding a significant other than the guy only dating the ones who really are potential matches.

FYI: In high school, I dated the guys that I could watch the high school football games with...usually they were in the band. My daughter is the college athlete that the guys show up to watch. LOL

FYI.My High School was a small school,attendance wise. Half of us band memebers,our band class, were also on the football team. :)
Therefore,my High School years were very good for me. I was a "B" student,a Co-Captain on the Varsity Football Team,and played Bass Clarinet in the School Band.
I was good at many things,except knowing how to get a girlfriend.:(

Last edited:
Upvote 0

blackribbon

Not a newbie
Dec 18, 2011
✟190,401.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
FYI.My High School was a small school,attendance wise. Half of us band memebers,our band class, were also on the football team. :)
Therefore,my High School years were very good for me. I was a "B" student,a Co-Captain on the Varsity Football Team,and played Bass Clarinet in the School Band.
I was good at many things,except knowing how to get a girlfriend.:(

I graduated from a small high school too. I marched in my cheerleader's outfit and so did several football players, and didn't have any problem getting a boyfriend. How is this important?

Upvote 0
Jun 18, 2011
San Francisco Bay Area
✟65,034.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
I graduated from a small high school too. I marched in my cheerleader's outfit and so did several football players, and didn't have any problem getting a boyfriend. How is this important?

It was important to me, at that time,when I would see other boys succeeding at something that I could not accomplish. I got tired of girls telling me,"you are such a good boy". While I saw that the "bad boys" had girl friends. I felt,at that time, "If I am so good, why am I not being" rewarded" with a girlfriend?" As,I have said before, I grew up with very, very, very little affection at home. My mother never told me, "S……,I love you!" Yes,I was the middle child.
Besides, as Captian Kirk once said, "I don't like to lose!"

Upvote 0

blackribbon

Not a newbie
Dec 18, 2011
✟190,401.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
It was important to me, at that time,when I would see other boys succeeding at something that I could not accomplish. I got tired of girls telling me,"you are such a good boy". While I saw that the "bad boys" had girl friends. I felt,at that time, "If I am so good, why am I not being" rewarded" with a girlfriend?" As,I have said before, I grew up with very, very, very little affection at home. My mother never told me, "S……,I love you!" Yes,I was the middle child.
Besides, as Captian Kirk once said, "I don't like to lose!"

You didn't lose. You had two wives.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Jun 18, 2011
San Francisco Bay Area
✟65,034.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
You didn't lose. You had two wives.

I am sorry that I did not get my point across to you clearly. That was my line of thinking, when I was in High School. Before I became an adult, that was my line of thinking. Before I had two wives,that was my line of thinking.
Now,I am not saying that I cannot attract any woman. I just cannot seem to attract the women who have something good going for them. For example, the type of woman that attracts me is the intelligent, professional woman, that is on the same intellectual and financial level,as I am,an equal. Now,is that too much for me to ask for? I am not striving to become independently wealthy,or to become powerful.Because people are more important than things.
However,if I cannot get the type of relationship,that I want(plan A),I will just have to settle for things(plan B).

Upvote 0

blackribbon

Not a newbie
Dec 18, 2011
✟190,401.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
I am sorry that I did not get my point across to you clearly. That was my line of thinking, when I was in High School. Before I became an adult, that was my line of thinking. Before I had two wives,that was my line of thinking.
Now,I am not saying that I cannot attract any woman. I just cannot seem to attract the women who have something good going for them. For example, the type of woman that attracts me is the intelligent, professional woman, that is on the same intellectual and financial level,as I am,an equal. Now,is that too much for me to ask for? I am not striving to become independently wealthy,or to become powerful.Because people are more important than things.
However,if I cannot get the type of relationship,that I want(plan A),I will just have to settle for things(plan B).

Or do like the rest of us and not settle, just learn to be content without something that God does not seem to believe is best for us ... at this time.

Upvote 0
Jun 18, 2011
San Francisco Bay Area
✟65,034.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Or do like the rest of us and not settle, just learn to be content without something that God does not seem to believe is best for us ... at this time.
Time, Time, Time. That is it! Time. Well,I do not know how much time I have left.No one does.
You are a Nurse. I am a Clinical Laboratory Scientist. We are both in the Medical Profession. We both know and are aware of what happens to men,older than 60 years old,that have either hypertension or diabetes. These types of men can and will become impotent because of their conditions . Then ,these men would not be able to satisfy and to keep their wives.
Well,I am 64 years old. I have hypertension and diabetes. Therefore,time is running out on me! :(
And,you know that I am telling you the truth. I am just telling it like it is.

Upvote 0
Jun 18, 2011
San Francisco Bay Area
✟65,034.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Will I've learned a lot from older friends about struggles with erections. ... it isn't pretty. But I've also learned there is still a lot of intimacy one can experience.
Well.....maybe, just maybe, there may be some hope for me yet.

Upvote 0