I was so sure

Icystwolf

Jul 5, 2003
Sydney
✟2,596.00
Faith
Calvinist
I'm feeling kinda well, very down...

I've been praying to God about going to HK to visit my grandparents. After they were involved in a vehicle accident.

Anyways it's near Christmas, and last thursday an ad popped up for work in HK for my Industrial Training for my engineering course, which is needed to graduate.

Anyways I thought this ad was God given, and that it's something really good that I'd get in.

BUt I didn't get it....I feel lost now.....I can't go to HK unless I have a good reason to go back. So I'm still stuck in Sydney.....

Koop

Feb 24, 2003
Madison, WI
Visit site
✟15,339.00
Faith
Christian
God's will is very hard to understand sometimes. I'm really stuggling with some things right now myself in that area. I've found that trying to understand gets us no where. If it had been God's will it would have happend that way. It wasn't. But that doesn't mean it isn't his will for you to get there. Keep praying and ask with expectancy. I'm sure you will go in his time if it is meant for you to go. And hey maybe you have a real good reason to be home right now. And if your moping aoround worrying about this you proabably won't see the great opertunity. So God's speed and know that I will be praying for you. Keep the chin up.

Reactions: wvmtnkid
Upvote 0

wvmtnkid

Order of the Candle
May 29, 2002
West Virginia
Visit site
✟10,466.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Good advice! There have been several things to happen in my life that I was sure God had a hand in, but than at the turning point in them, they fell apart. It left me wondering, why bring me this far and break my heart or disappoint me? Not easy questions to answer sometimes. What I have learned is that God's ways are not my ways and that God's time is not my time. God sees the big picture and I just see a tiny portion of it. I heard a devotion on the radio yesterday that was encouraging Christians to be content in all circumstances. That's a pretty tall order somedays! I'm not very content when I don't get my way. But there are times in my life that I can look back on and realize how blessed I am that God did not give in to me and give me my way, no matter how much I pouted. :) His way was much better, even though at the time it didn't seem that way.

Don't give up hope! If you are to get to HK, perhaps God has a better way. Just commit it to His hands, and let Him handle the details!

:hug:

Upvote 0

Icystwolf

Jul 5, 2003
Sydney
✟2,596.00
Faith
Calvinist
wvmtnkid said:
Good advice! There have been several things to happen in my life that I was sure God had a hand in, but than at the turning point in them, they fell apart. It left me wondering, why bring me this far and break my heart or disappoint me? Not easy questions to answer sometimes. What I have learned is that God's ways are not my ways and that God's time is not my time. God sees the big picture and I just see a tiny portion of it. I heard a devotion on the radio yesterday that was encouraging Christians to be content in all circumstances. That's a pretty tall order somedays! I'm not very content when I don't get my way. But there are times in my life that I can look back on and realize how blessed I am that God did not give in to me and give me my way, no matter how much I pouted. :) His way was much better, even though at the time it didn't seem that way.

Don't give up hope! If you are to get to HK, perhaps God has a better way. Just commit it to His hands, and let Him handle the details!

:hug:

That is so true, God cancelled a party to keep my purity for marriage. He did it cruely, with my friends being expelled out of my highschool, hence the party was cancelled. But with that much pain, I see my importance from God and why he makes the effort to keep me from all parties to keep my virginity for starters, but to keep me pure in habits.

Right now, I can't even go to a party without my spirit being torn by something. It's something that God has treasured, but I'm not sure what...

There are so many things that seem as if God's hand is in control, that I cannot ignore....Amazing.

But there are things like this situation which amazes me, but then is taken away....oh well

Upvote 0

Stanfi

Senior Veteran
Aug 22, 2003
West Virginia
✟17,821.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I have also had things in my life happen that I was certain God was orchestrating. There was no doubt in my mind. Then when things fell apart, I was left empty and wondering. I still struggle with this. I just wanted to you know that you are not alone. I know myslef, I have began to question why God let me down (many times very hard), and often questioned whether he existed at all. However, I know that you just have to keep praying and hang in there.

Upvote 0

carnation

Struggling But Hopeful
Nov 27, 2003
✟183.00
Faith
Protestant
The human mind cannot seem to understd or full comprehend why/when/where of God's Will. I just cannot understd also why things are occurring the way they do esp when they cause me so much pain and misery. Why would God allow these things to happen to us? I have been trying for a baby for sometime already and with no avail! The clock is ticking and people around me are getting pregnant like the snap of the fingers but it seems so tough for me man. I have shed my shares of tears and each month, my hopes do sometimes get high although I keep telling myself not to but as human as I am, I always am disappointed numerous times. I ask God to give me a healthy baby but seems the reply from God is either "No" or "Not just yet, my sweet"....I try to imagine God's lovingness and kindness extended to console me everytime I feel down. Therefore, hang in there. I read today from my QT: If God refuses to give us something we expect, do ur best to accept it and know in your heart that God knows what is the best for you even sometimes you yourself may not know. Maybe what can help is that in terms of our expectations, revamp them and maybe we won;t feel so disappointed..;-)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

seangoh

Veteran
Dec 10, 2002
Singapore
Visit site
✟16,661.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
Icystwolf said:
There are so many things that seem as if God's hand is in control, that I cannot ignore....Amazing.
Agree with you totally! That's when your faith starts to build coz you can "see" God's intervention in your life.

But there are things like this situation which amazes me, but then is taken away....oh well
Keep in mind that there is not only God in this universe, there is the enemy too. So probably the enemy had a part too? But we can never know unless it's revealed to us. For the moment, God tells us to "Brace yourself like a man" Job 38:3. Our job is to be faithful and this situation can be used to increase your faith because James 1:2-4 says "Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything. "
Perhaps God allows it to happen so our faith can increase and our maturity be developed. God works in all aspects of our lives, whether be it getting a job, a partner, or such situations like yours. He has a plan for you. "For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, ‘‘plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. " Jer 29:11.

The relations between God and each soul are as distinct and full as though there were not another soul upon the earth to share His watchcare. SC 100.

Upvote 0

Lee

Dec 14, 2002
United States of America
✟466.00
Faith
Non-Denom
I'm feeling kinda well, very down...

I've been praying to God about going to HK to visit my grandparents. After they were involved in a vehicle accident.

Anyways it's near Christmas, and last thursday an ad popped up for work in HK for my Industrial Training for my engineering course, which is needed to graduate.

Anyways I thought this ad was God given, and that it's something really good that I'd get in.

BUt I didn't get it....I feel lost now.....I can't go to HK unless I have a good reason to go back. So I'm still stuck in Sydney.....
Well bro, I can only say that some of rest of the family members told you already. I can only encourage that God has plan for those that of His children. Be encourage that He will enrich your life when you are fitting according to His will.

Upvote 0