Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Hello, I sure would appreciate your prayers. Let me explain.

April 14 I woke up with my right ear feeling plugged with diminished hearing, I thought it would leave so I ignored it, a couple of days later, Easter, it was still bothering me, so, I put in some ear drops then got the "bright idea" to self irrigate it as I have done it before and always had success. Well this time, no go, it got worse and I was almost deaf in that ear. I went to my GP, she looked and said it was very impacted. I had to see an audiologist for that microsuction as they do not irrigate over here anymore and doctors, for some reason, can't do it in the office. So, the next day I made the appointment and went in the following day. The microsuction felt weird. She got all the wax out of the left ear, the the right ear that was so bad she got some out but left some in as she said that wax wouldn't bother me as it was far up in the canal. When she finished, I told her I couldn't tell the difference, that it still felt blocked and I couldn't hear. She said it would get better as the blockage had probably caused my ear drum to feel strange after being removed. Well, it never did get better and I still have that "full feeling". She did say that it could be an Eustachian tube dysfunction or even an Acoustic Neuroma which is a type of brain tumor in the ear and fairly rare, only an MRI can determine that however.

Well, all this happened a little over two weeks ago, my right ear still feels plugged with muffled hearing, some days it is almost gone but others, like today, I am miserable with it. I don't want to have to have an MRI or surgery, the surgery can be pretty dangerous and cause total deafness in the offending ear and even a type of Bells Palsy for a short time. I still say there is wax in it but no one believes me. I am going in for a hearing test this week, that will determine if I have true asymmetrical hearing or not. I have done a few on-line hearing tests, for the most part, I do well except for high frequency, but even the professional one I did 2 years ago ascertained that.

It is probably a coincidence, but this all happened after my first Novavax Vaccine on March 25. I am still thinking it could have a lot of bearing on this issue, but it is so new, there are no thorough reports on it. The reason I say this, it was starting to get better, then I had the second Novavax vaccine three days ago, now, it has taken a turn for the worse.

Needless to say, I am scared, I feel like I have cotton in my head and this plugged feeling is driving me crazy. Please pray for healing and that all will turn out OK.

Thank you in advance.

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hello, I sure would appreciate your prayers. Let me explain.

April 14 I woke up with my right ear feeling plugged with diminished hearing, I thought it would leave so I ignored it, a couple of days later, Easter, it was still bothering me, so, I put in some ear drops then got the "bright idea" to self irrigate it as I have done it before and always had success. Well this time, no go, it got worse and I was almost deaf in that ear. I went to my GP, she looked and said it was very impacted. I had to see an audiologist for that microsuction as they do not irrigate over here anymore and doctors, for some reason, can't do it in the office. So, the next day I made the appointment and went in the following day. The microsuction felt weird. She got all the wax out of the left ear, the the right ear that was so bad she got some out but left some in as she said that wax wouldn't bother me as it was far up in the canal. When she finished, I told her I couldn't tell the difference, that it still felt blocked and I couldn't hear. She said it would get better as the blockage had probably caused my ear drum to feel strange after being removed. Well, it never did get better and I still have that "full feeling". She did say that it could be an Eustachian tube dysfunction or even an Acoustic Neuroma which is a type of brain tumor in the ear and fairly rare, only an MRI can determine that however.

Well, all this happened a little over two weeks ago, my right ear still feels plugged with muffled hearing, some days it is almost gone but others, like today, I am miserable with it. I don't want to have to have an MRI or surgery, the surgery can be pretty dangerous and cause total deafness in the offending ear and even a type of Bells Palsy for a short time. I still say there is wax in it but no one believes me. I am going in for a hearing test this week, that will determine if I have true asymmetrical hearing or not. I have done a few on-line hearing tests, for the most part, I do well except for high frequency, but even the professional one I did 2 years ago ascertained that.

It is probably a coincidence, but this all happened after my first Novavax Vaccine on March 25. I am still thinking it could have a lot of bearing on this issue, but it is so new, there are no thorough reports on it. The reason I say this, it was starting to get better, then I had the second Novavax vaccine three days ago, now, it has taken a turn for the worse.

Needless to say, I am scared, I feel like I have cotton in my head and this plugged feeling is driving me crazy. Please pray for healing and that all will turn out OK.

Thank you in advance.

Try very warm water with a squeegee. It can take me 20 minutes to melt. Use distilled water to reduce problems. I have this problem every two years or so. In fact, I am listening to ringing all day reminding me to it's time again. You will hear plenty of gurgling when the water is hitting the drum, finally. The noise is almost painful.

Upvote 0

Susie~Q

John 3:16 God bless you.
Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2011
South Island-New Zealand
✟271,990.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Try very warm water with a squeegee. It can take me 20 minutes to melt. Use distilled water to reduce problems. I have this problem every two years or so. In fact, I am listening to ringing all day reminding me to it's time again. You will hear plenty of gurgling when the water is hitting the drum, finally. The noise is almost painful.
I don't know if it is wax, the nurse that did the microsuction said she got it all but did leave a little up higher. I am afraid to irrigate it more as that is how the plug got started in the first place. My ears ring constantly, both sides, they have for many years.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I don't know if it is wax, the nurse that did the microsuction said she got it all but did leave a little up higher. I am afraid to irrigate it more as that is how the plug got started in the first place. My ears ring constantly, both sides, they have for many years.
Yes, you can do a partial job and coat the eardrum. But it will melt out with more work.

Reactions: Susie~Q
Upvote 0