I need help...

ChristianM18

Aug 16, 2015
✟15,145.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hello, my name is Christian.. I'm 14 and I have been up all night worrying about somethings. And if it's sinful or not... So here it goes.

1. Music

I like listening to Dupstep sometimes. And my parents say its satanism and that I shouldn't listen to it. But my other Christian friend says its ok. Is it of Satan? Should I stop listening to this?

2. Swearingish?

Im really confused on somethings on swearing. I know which words are bad. But there's 2 words that I say sometimes. They are 'fricken' and '[bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse]ed' ive been told alot that they aren't bad words. But I've also been told they are. Are they?

3. Bible/time

So my parents and some others say that I should read my bible and pray right when I wake up. Is that true? Because I read my bible and pray before bed. And sometimes I don't get to it until after midnight. Is that ok?

Please help.. I don't know what to do..

Thankz

Reactions: Wgw

fat wee robin

Jan 12, 2015
✟54,920.00
Country
France
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Being a Christian is not about fear .It worries me when people frighten young people
with Satan ,for if we love Jesus ,we have absolutely no need to fear evil .However I know that it is common in the States as it was many many years ago especially in the protestant religion to fear more than to love ;you see perfect love drives out fear .

I know nothing about the music you listen to Dupstep ,but just listened to some now Being a european I would never use the word satanism as it invokes uneccessary fear ,but this stuff is not really music but a noise which does not generate good energy,
has no value, and I would not allow it in my house although I am fairly broad minded .

What some people do not realise is that as children grow up they must allow them some space to grow, and not to dictate the minutiae of their spiritual lives ;There is more chance that you will not feel the need to leave entirely when you are an adult .
So on the music ,bad very ,but the morning prayers should be between you and God ,and He is more loving than humans .

Reactions: ChristianM18
Upvote 0

SinnerInTheHands

Troubled Christian
Jul 17, 2015
USA
✟17,755.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
1. Music

I like listening to Dupstep sometimes. And my parents say its satanism and that I shouldn't listen to it. But my other Christian friend says its ok. Is it of Satan? Should I stop listening to this?

I wouldn't say that dubstep is of Satan. I don't like it regardless, as I don't find it pleasing to listen to and far prefer classical, but that doesn't mean it's satanic. If we're talking purely secular music [i.e. music played outside church] there is a lot more leeway in regards to what is good or bad. For example, I never listen to black metal, but I love AC/DC. Discernment is key, and prayer can be used as well as conversation with other Christians who are not necessarily related to you.

As for music in worship, I'm of that wonderful Calvinist distinction that outlaws all instrumentation and non-psalm singing.
2. Swearingish?

Im really confused on somethings on swearing. I know which words are bad. But there's 2 words that I say sometimes. They are 'fricken' and '[bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse]' ive been told alot that they aren't bad words. But I've also been told they are. Are they?

Not really. Sometimes I swear a lot, especially around certain friends. It's a terrible habit, and it's not Christian, but I'm a sinner and God is ever-merciful.
3. Bible/time

So my parents and some others say that I should read my bible and pray right when I wake up. Is that true? Because I read my bible and pray before bed. And sometimes I don't get to it until after midnight. Is that ok?

Perfectly fine. I often forget to read my Bible [chief of sinners though I be].

Upvote 0

ChristianM18

Aug 16, 2015
✟15,145.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
TBH i dont see an issue with the dubsep as long as the lyrics arent bad and sinful. Ultimately it comes down to your parents
I would refrain from saying frick other version so to say but imo p i s s e d is ok
As long as you are reading your bible at night its ok no matter what time you go to bed. I am trying to start praying in the morning but it wouldnt hurt to read and pray in the morning.

Thankz. I needed this. I will keep what u said in mind.

Upvote 0

ChristianM18

Aug 16, 2015
✟15,145.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Being a Christian is not about fear .It worries me when people frighten young people
with Satan ,for if we love Jesus ,we have absolutely no need to fear evil .However I know that it is common in the States as it was many many years ago especially in the protestant religion to fear more than to love ;you see perfect love drives out fear .

I know nothing about the music you listen to Dupstep ,but just listened to some now Being a european I would never use the word satanism as it invokes uneccessary fear ,but this stuff is not really music but a noise which does not generate good energy,
has no value, and I would not allow it in my house although I am fairly broad minded .

What some people do not realise is that as children grow up they must allow them some space to grow, and not to dictate the minutiae of their spiritual lives ;There is more chance that you will not feel the need to leave entirely when you are an adult .
So on the music ,bad very ,but the morning prayers should be between you and God ,and He is more loving than humans .
Thankz. I agree, my parents really don't understand that I'm different, and I do differ things, I mean I don't worship the music or anything. I just think it's cool.

Upvote 0

ChristianM18

Aug 16, 2015
✟15,145.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I wouldn't say that dubstep is of Satan. I don't like it regardless, as I don't find it pleasing to listen to and far prefer classical, but that doesn't mean it's satanic. If we're talking purely secular music [i.e. music played outside church] there is a lot more leeway in regards to what is good or bad. For example, I never listen to black metal, but I love AC/DC. Discernment is key, and prayer can be used as well as conversation with other Christians who are not necessarily related to you.

As for music in worship, I'm of that wonderful Calvinist distinction that outlaws all instrumentation and non-psalm singing.

Not really. Sometimes I swear a lot, especially around certain friends. It's a terrible habit, and it's not Christian, but I'm a sinner and God is ever-merciful.

Perfectly fine. I often forget to read my Bible [chief of sinners though I be].

Thankz. I now know that listening to secular music isn't bad. Thankz for the help

Upvote 0

Gnostic Guy

Follower of Gnosticism
Sep 23, 2015
USA
✟15,212.00
Faith
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
For music, as long as it ain't anti-christian (ex Rege Satanis), listen to it if you like it. For swearing, where in the ten commandments or the 7 sins does it say anything about swearing except for using your life's name in vain? For reading the bible and praying every day, as long as you read it on a regular basis but not nessecarily every day, you should be fine.

Upvote 0

SinnerInTheHands

Troubled Christian
Jul 17, 2015
USA
✟17,755.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
For music, as long as it ain't anti-christian (ex Rege Satanis), listen to it if you like it. For swearing, where in the ten commandments or the 7 sins does it say anything about swearing except for using your life's name in vain? For reading the bible and praying every day, as long as you read it on a regular basis but not nessecarily every day, you should be fine.

7 Sins? There are way, way, way more than 7 sins and 10 commandments.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums