Jul 9, 2008
Colorado
Visit site
✟7,692.00
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Single
So, I just got out of a 2 year long relationship that I thought was gonna last forever...I broke it off, so I'm not really that crushed. I just realized that marrying that guy wasn't what God had planned for me. I've only been single a week and there's this other guy who blows me away with his heart for God and from what I know about him, it really feels like he was made for me. lol my problem is...I really, really want to stay single.

Here's why this is sort of a question lol...I know that I totally could stay single and if it were meant to be, he would wait for me...what do you all think?

BroBarry

Help Me To See Clearly O Lord
Jun 10, 2006
Southern U.S.
✟15,418.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
You should stay single, specially since you have the urge too. I think courting is a very good thing, everyone is so obsessed with being in relationships nowadays. There's no reason to be in such a rush, but, sadly, you feel like you should be. At least in my experiance. I'm recently single from a very long relationship also. I really feel like I could have met so many more women with a potential of marriage if I hadn't spent so much time dating one person.

Upvote 0

addictedtojesus

jesus loves me
Jun 10, 2009
arizona
✟15,112.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
yeah just do what you want to. god will love you regardless. here i like to quote the scripture 'love thy neighbor as thyself' just think of the guy you like as your neighbor. the best thing you can do is what you want to do and what he wants to do. it can be a big love circle

Upvote 0

Godzila

See, I make all things New!
Apr 2, 2008
Las Vegas
Visit site
✟16,811.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I'm currently writing a long story/article about my experiences and what God has to say about relationships.

I'll send it to you once i'm finished, I'll be sending it to a few people, so i'll put you on the list

one thing i must say is if you're not ready to get married don't date or court, whichever term you want to use, they are the same thing.

The reason being is, dating and courting for people that are not going to get married ....is really playing a devil's game, where it can be manipulated or manipulative. Today's relationships, christians or not, are based on a reflective image of the real thing. The mindset is that both people can enter into a relationship, and within time if either person "feels" (which really means "decide") that they don't feel attracted to each other anymore, they can freely break this commitment.
Our society is based on this boyfriend/girlfriend spectrum. This contradicts what God has intended in a marriage.

Best move is to stay as friends, and then see where it takes you. This doesn't mean DATE/Court. This means stay as friends, go out with friends, do things according to God's will, and when you're ready to marry then make a decision to go on that Date.

Upvote 0

Andres88

Contributor
Feb 7, 2008
Santo Domingo
✟25,823.00
Country
Dominican Republic
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
I'm currently writing a long story/article about my experiences and what God has to say about relationships.

I'll send it to you once i'm finished, I'll be sending it to a few people, so i'll put you on the list
Please add me to the list too. I'm really interested in reading it. :thumbsup:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

milesgonepast

Jun 16, 2009
CBD
✟15,125.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Haha its always funny when one thing goes to another and then next thing you know you are writing a essay! Please send me one if you can Godzila cheers!

Yeah courting/dating.. I have no evidence or even scriptures from the bible that i could mention that would make this a dirty term but the idea in my head.. it feels somewhat sleezy to be honest, and as mentioned a little earlier, is almost a precursor to Promiscuous. Its really easy to be led astray.. Ive fallen into this trap recently (not saying that you would though probably a lot stronger will than me!) and i always end up regretting it.

My advice is simply to stay friends if you want to be single still. You mention that if this person really loves you they will wait for you. Its true. Though if they feel hurt and rejected inside because after a long time you dont make a move naturually people move on to find that person that they feel will fulfill that empty spot in their heart. They may get the wrong idea that you didnt love them enough to make a move with them. Nobodies fault just how things work.

Might be best to at least let this person know how you feel (especially if you know they have some feelings towards you). So at least they can understand where you are coming from, and if you say to them what you have said to us, in that you feel this person is just RIGHT for you then im more certain than not that they will wait for you, no rush to get married just want to be single until the time is right to finally be together once and for all. Id be a bit worried though if you are looking at him and then looking at other people though, only odd because you have already mentioned that he seems the one for you, dont give in to temptation!

Also if you only just broke up maybe its good to let time go for a bit as well just so you can make sure your own feelings are true! But im sure they are keep cool!:amen:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

FatherHaveMercy

Father Have Mercy On Us All
Feb 3, 2008
Indianapolis,IN,USA
Visit site
✟918.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married

one thing i must say is if you're not ready to get married don't date or court, whichever term you want to use, they are the same thing.

The reason being is, dating and courting for people that are not going to get married ....is really playing a devil's game, where it can be manipulated or manipulative. Today's relationships, christians or not, are based on a reflective image of the real thing. The mindset is that both people can enter into a relationship, and within time if either person "feels" (which really means "decide") that they don't feel attracted to each other anymore, they can freely break this commitment.
Our society is based on this boyfriend/girlfriend spectrum. This contradicts what God has intended in a marriage.

Best move is to stay as friends, and then see where it takes you. This doesn't mean DATE/Court. This means stay as friends, go out with friends, do things according to God's will, and when you're ready to marry then make a decision to go on that Date.

I totaly agree with u

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.