Pennsylvania
✟800,552.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Widowed
Is it possible to change the default translation used in the forums per user?

I would like to use the NIV as I find it more accurate in important places but I do not see the option.

Thank you in advance.
The site changed its format a few months ago, and is still working out details. Try getting ahold of someone by going to "Contact us" at the bottom of the page, and clicking the bright orange "Open ticket". Or try "Help", also at the bottom of the page.

I too go to the NIV for "another point of view" many times, but I wouldn't consider it more accurate than many others. I grew up on KJV, and much of it memorized, so the NIV (1977) is a welcome change. Anyhow, I also notice the need to pull up a text referenced in a version different from what pops up automatically. So I just Google or Bing it, and add, variously, "niv", "all english translations", "lexicon", "interlinear" or whatever, to the search (and of course, not always with satisfying results...)

Upvote 0

Frank Sophia

Apr 15, 2023
Phoenix, Az
✟833.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
The site changed its format a few months ago, and is still working out details. Try getting ahold of someone by going to "Contact us" at the bottom of the page, and clicking the bright orange "Open ticket". Or try "Help", also at the bottom of the page.

I too go to the NIV for "another point of view" many times, but I wouldn't consider it more accurate than many others. I grew up on KJV, and much of it memorized, so the NIV (1977) is a welcome change. Anyhow, I also notice the need to pull up a text referenced in a version different from what pops up automatically. So I just Google or Bing it, and add, variously, "niv", "all english translations", "lexicon", "interlinear" or whatever, to the search (and of course, not always with satisfying results...)

In places like Mark 3:1-6 it is obvious that the KJV has curved over the language due to a bias towards the law despite Galatians 5:4 and claims of sola scriptura...

Simply clicking on the link takes you to a site where you can choose any translation so it isn't that problematic I guess...

I will take your advice though about contacting the admins, thank you for your time.

• Agree
Reactions: Mark Quayle
Upvote 0