USA
✟15,897.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Our food is pretty much toxic. I don't eat junk food but eat a VERY limited diet. I have a hard time consuming food because the poisons in the food are becoming worse. Even my interest has been gone for years so I eat to survive & that's it. I try to use organic as much as possible but still can't bring myself to eat much. I eat a simple generic diet with no frills. I have a list of roughly 10-12 foods that are edible. I've also been intermittent fasting for many years & eat OMAD starting at 1-5 p.m. Anyone else?

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟256,417.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
-​

I fast once a week for 22 to 23 hours. I also eat only two main meals a day one around 11:00 a.m. and then around 5:00 p.m.

As for food i eat fish, eggs, chicken baked,sweet potatoes, green beans, field peas (black eyed), blueberries, bananas, red grapes, i do eat a hamburger (organic grass fed) with cheese on Saturdays. I eat dark chocolate at least 86 or above, when i drink milk, i drink the organic grass-fed mostly i put milk on the cereal i eat Cascadian Farms. Drink a lot of spring water, i also take a few ounces of water and Bragg's apple cider vinegar each day.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟954,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Given your concerns you’d be better off growing what you can in a backyard garden and supplementing with healthy foods from reputable providers. CSA’s are excellent alternatives for fruits and vegetables. The items are harvested and delivered the same week. See what’s available in your area.

You can get a meat CSA too or work with a company like ButcherBox for a monthly subscription. Similar options exist for fish and seafood. As for the pantry, Azure is second to none. They’re the largest independent food supplier in America and grow a lot themselves. You can buy in bulk and the prices are lower. And the selection is larger. I’ve been with them for awhile and I love it.

I purchase most of my food from them and directly from farmers and get a few things from Costco. You can have a healthy and diverse diet but you’ll have to go beyond the norm. Azure delivers once a month. You order online and pick it up on the drop date. Grab your boxes and go. Butcherbox is sent to your door. You can do the same with CSA’s if time is a constraint. Depending on your location raw milk may be an option. That covers your dairy.

If you’re committed to that lifestyle you should have a network of suppliers on hand to fill your cupboards. Your options are limited because you probably haven’t done it. If you love to cook you can go further. Then you can make your own bread, baked goods, condiments, jams, ferments and more. The skies the limit. It depends on your investment.

~bella

Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟750,190.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Our food is pretty much toxic. I don't eat junk food but eat a VERY limited diet. I have a hard time consuming food because the poisons in the food are becoming worse. Even my interest has been gone for years so I eat to survive & that's it. I try to use organic as much as possible but still can't bring myself to eat much. I eat a simple generic diet with no frills. I have a list of roughly 10-12 foods that are edible. I've also been intermittent fasting for many years & eat OMAD starting at 1-5 p.m. Anyone else?
Being obsessed with food is unhealthy. I'm 71, in good health and I eat whatever I can buy from the supermarket. I avoid overpriced organic food. Lord Jesus told us not to worry about what we eat. I was very sick a couple of years ago and I lost a lot of weight. The hospital's dietician was worried that I was losing muscle mass. She went through a list of stuff I should be eating. Mostly that was my diet anyway. I asked her about my favourite food, pizza. It was her favourite also. As long as it's moderate (once a month for me now), it's fine. The odd thing was that my weight was exactly what it was supposed to be for my height.

I don't know where you live, but food in Australia is pretty clean. People are living much longer, they are born much bigger and taller because diet has improved so much. That may change as the obesity epidemic kicks in. It's sad to see people who can hardly walk because they are so obese.

Upvote 0
Nov 20, 2022
USA
✟15,897.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I fast once a week for 22 to 23 hours. I also eat only two main meals a day one around 11:00 a.m. and then around 5:00 p.m.

As for food i eat fish, eggs, chicken baked,sweet potatoes, green beans, field peas (black eyed), blueberries, bananas, red grapes, i do eat a hamburger (organic grass fed) with cheese on Saturdays. I eat dark chocolate at least 86 or above, when i drink milk, i drink the organic grass-fed mostly i put milk on the cereal i eat Cascadian Farms. Drink a lot of spring water, i also take a few ounces of water and Bragg's apple cider vinegar each day.

I don’t eat fish/poultry/red meat nor do I drink dairy. I haven’t had any of these things in forever. I eat mainly:
hummus
oatmeal
peanut butter
blueberries
blackberries
bananas
potatoes
Peas/carrots
regular beans (once in a while)
white rice (once in a while)
some rye or sourdough bread (not daily)
water (filtered)
herbal tea

Upvote 0
Nov 20, 2022
USA
✟15,897.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Given your concerns you’d be better off growing what you can in a backyard garden and supplementing with healthy foods from reputable providers. CSA’s are excellent alternatives for fruits and vegetables. The items are harvested and delivered the same week. See what’s available in your area.

You can get a meat CSA too or work with a company like ButcherBox for a monthly subscription. Similar options exist for fish and seafood. As for the pantry, Azure is second to none. They’re the largest independent food supplier in America and grow a lot themselves. You can buy in bulk and the prices are lower. And the selection is larger. I’ve been with them for awhile and I love it.

I purchase most of my food from them and directly from farmers and get a few things from Costco. You can have a healthy and diverse diet but you’ll have to go beyond the norm. Azure delivers once a month. You order online and pick it up on the drop date. Grab your boxes and go. Butcherbox is sent to your door. You can do the same with CSA’s if time is a constraint. Depending on your location raw milk may be an option. That covers your dairy.

If you’re committed to that lifestyle you should have a network of suppliers on hand to fill your cupboards. Your options are limited because you probably haven’t done it. If you love to cook you can go further. Then you can make your own bread, baked goods, condiments, jams, ferments and more. The skies the limit. It depends on your investment.

~bella
I wish I could grow my own food, but that is not possible.

Upvote 0
Nov 20, 2022
USA
✟15,897.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Being obsessed with food is unhealthy. I'm 71, in good health and I eat whatever I can buy from the supermarket. I avoid overpriced organic food. Lord Jesus told us not to worry about what we eat. I was very sick a couple of years ago and I lost a lot of weight. The hospital's dietician was worried that I was losing muscle mass. She went through a list of stuff I should be eating. Mostly that was my diet anyway. I asked her about my favourite food, pizza. It was her favourite also. As long as it's moderate (once a month for me now), it's fine. The odd thing was that my weight was exactly what it was supposed to be for my height.

I don't know where you live, but food in Australia is pretty clean. People are living much longer, they are born much bigger and taller because diet has improved so much. That may change as the obesity epidemic kicks in. It's sad to see people who can hardly walk because they are so obese.
The food here in the US is not so clean. And from what I have read and seen, I would not want to eat the food here really. I just can’t stomach it knowing what I know.

Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟256,417.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
I don’t eat fish/poultry/red meat nor do I drink dairy. I haven’t had any of these things in forever. I eat mainly:
hummus
oatmeal
peanut butter
blueberries
blackberries
bananas
potatoes
Peas/carrots
regular beans (once in a while)
white rice (once in a while)
some rye or sourdough bread (not daily)
water (filtered)
herbal tea

Well if you are eating just fruits and vegetables, you have more choices than what you have listed.

Upvote 0
Nov 20, 2022
USA
✟15,897.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Well if you are eating just fruits and vegetables, you have more choices than what you have listed.
That would look to be true, but that is literally my list of foods that I eat. I’m not vegetarian or vegan. In the past I was a pretty strict vegetarian & then I discovered raw foodism until I couldn’t do it anymore. Now I just stick to my list lol!

Upvote 0
Nov 20, 2022
USA
✟15,897.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

I have a hard time not worrying about the food I’m eating and the things I’m putting into my body. That is extremely stressful for me. It has been for many years.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Jonaitis

Soli Deo Gloria
Jan 4, 2019
Wyoming
✟126,026.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
I have a very limited diet. I can't bring myself to eating processed food as much anymore. I try to be more organic nowadays. You can tell the difference in how it affects your health.

Upvote 0
Nov 20, 2022
USA
✟15,897.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I have a very limited diet. I can't bring myself to eating processed food as much anymore. I try to be more organic nowadays. You can tell the difference in how it affects your health.
Totally yes! Processed is so bad.

Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟750,190.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
I have a hard time not worrying about the food I’m eating and the things I’m putting into my body. That is extremely stressful for me. It has been for many years.
Ask God to set you free. It should not be an issue. Stress is a leading cause of illness. Lord Jesus told us not to worry about what we eat. It's not what goes into the mouth that defiles us.............

Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟313,210.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
As Christians, we should take care of our bodies. Keep healthy with healthy lifestyle.

BUT as Christians, keeping ourselves alive and healthy should not become the focus of our lives!^_^

"If you seek to save your life, you will LOSE it..." - Matthew 16:25

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Wings like Eagles

Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2013
Arizona
✟215,653.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
-​

i also take a few ounces of water and Bragg's apple cider vinegar each day.
Hello - are you still doing ACV?
I have been trying ACV once a day now for a few weeks and just wondering what your extended experience was with it.
Thanks

Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟256,417.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Hello - are you still doing ACV?
I have been trying ACV once a day now for a few weeks and just wondering what your extended experience was with it.
Thanks

I do, actually i will have some around 5:00. I can not really say, as i am not on any medication at 58+ guess it helps just keep infection down. As it is acidicso that creates a bad environment for bacteria, etc..

Upvote 0