• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

I commuted a willful sin at work and I feel horrible about it and regret it deeply

Blaise N

Jul 4, 2021
Midwest US
✟120,772.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Hi everyone,

Today I made a horrible choice,horrible horrible choice(I say choice because I acknowledge my actions and make no excuses) today at work and I’ve been filled with fear and dread,pain and sadness,hurt and desperation.

It may sound relatively minor,but to me it is a major deal.So a little known fact about me is I work for Milwaukee tool as a repair technician,my job duties entail repairing tools.To cut things short but bear with me,I came upon a tool today that came back to me from our denied warranty section(which means the customer wants it or we scrap it,etc) and it was a tool that has a long list of parts required for an assembly,unfortunately it doesn’t come in a kit(the part is assembled) to make it easier to repair and requires all the individual parts be ordered separately and assembled.since I had denied specific parts when I sent it to denied warranty,I requested the parts when it came back,and our company computer system helps by acknowledging when a tool is too expensive to repair,but the parts I ordered before(and expected to replace the tool) never popped up too expensive and I unfortunately was required to repair it,I stupidly and foolishly decided “I’ll make this tool too expensive so I can replace it” wnow that I look back hours before now on it I was incredibly foolish to do that,initially I wasn’t bothered by it,but my mind knew it was sin,so I confessed it,but that slowly progressed worse and worse,and before I know it I was in utter despair,I couldn’t forgive myself for being dishonest and lazy,ever since then I’ve been an emotional wreck,completely hurt that I defiantly took the Lords precious blood for granted,I’m so hurt and saddened by this,I’ve only done this one other time and swore never to do it again,but here I am,I’ve prayed countless times begging God for forgiveness and pleading to him never to let me do this again,I still feel the same and with all the warning passages in the Bible I’m having a growing sense of fear.
I’ve cried and cried so hurt and pained by this,and I despise the fact I was so ignorant.
Do I make excuses for it? No,do I own up to it as sin?,yes,I confessed it and pleaded to Jesus forgiveness.

I feel so terrible and so unworthy of forgiveness.I hate myself and I from now on will never tTy to push my limits like this with willful sin ever again

Last edited:

Lost4words

Jesus I Trust In You
Site Supporter
May 19, 2018
Neath, Wales, UK
✟1,027,967.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Jesus came to save sinners my friend.

Trust in Jesus.

Truly believe that He has indeed forgiven you. He has seen your remorse. He has seen your despair at sinning.

Leave it where it should be. At the feet of Jesus.

Be thankful to God that you have strong faith in Him and that he really does forgive those that truly repent.

God bless you my friend.

Upvote 0

smittymatt

Dec 5, 2021
West Palm Beach
✟27,019.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Divorced
Hi everyone,

Today I made a horrible choice,horrible horrible choice(I say choice because I acknowledge my actions and make no excuses) today at work and I’ve been filled with fear and dread,pain and sadness,hurt and desperation.

It may sound relatively minor,but to me it is a major deal.So a little known fact about me is I work for Milwaukee tool as a repair technician,my job duties entail repairing tools.To cut things short but bear with me,I came upon a tool today that came back to me from our denied warranty section(which means the customer wants it or we scrap it,etc) and it was a tool that has a long list of parts required for an assembly,unfortunately it doesn’t come in a kit(the part is assembled) to make it easier to repair and requires all the individual parts be ordered separately and assembled.since I had denied specific parts when I sent it to denied warranty,I requested the parts when it came back,and our company computer system helps by acknowledging when a tool is too expensive to repair,but the parts I ordered before(and expected to replace the tool) never popped up too expensive and I unfortunately was required to repair it,I stupidly and foolishly decided “I’ll make this tool too expensive so I can replace it” wnow that I look back hours before now on it I was incredibly foolish to do that,initially I wasn’t bothered by it,but my mind knew it was sin,so I confessed it,but that slowly progressed worse and worse,and before I know it I was in utter despair,I couldn’t forgive myself for being dishonest and lazy,ever since then I’ve been an emotional wreck,completely hurt that I defiantly took the Lords precious blood for granted,I’m so hurt and saddened by this,I’ve only done this one other time and swore never to do it again,but here I am,I’ve prayed countless times begging God for forgiveness and pleading to him never to let me do this again,I still feel the same and with all the warning passages in the Bible I’m having a growing sense of fear.
I’ve cried and cried so hurt and pained by this,and I despise the fact I was so ignorant.
Do I make excuses for it? No,do I own up to it as sin?,yes,I confessed it and pleaded to Jesus forgiveness.

I feel so terrible and so unworthy of forgiveness.I hate myself and I from now on will never tTy to push my limits like this with willful sin ever again
Time heals these self deprecating thoughts we get. Are you doing better?

Upvote 0