• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

I am so sad, I miss my folks sooo much.

Susie~Q

John 3:16 God bless you.
Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2011
South Island-New Zealand
✟271,990.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Well, another Christmas, I am still missing my dear parents as much, if not more, as the day they died. I can not stop crying, I am making myself sick :cry: I was watching our favorite Christmas show yesterday, a musical with Mel Torme, Doc Severinson, etc, the music is lovely, I remember my dear mother saying to always think of her when I heard that one song, "Christmas is for children", well, I did, and the tears would not stop, I am crying as I type this. They WERE Christmas, now, I have no one I really feel close to, I know I am ruining my husband's Christmas, but, I can not help it, I do not want to feel this way.

I feel so alone and hopeless, I so wish that those times I was not too nice to them could be erased, I can not get those times out of my mind lately. :cry: I wish the Lord would comfort me. I know, you all are going to say that "Jesus cares" etc, well, I know that, but it does not help at all. :cry:

I am so lonesome, they were my best friend, my best cheerleader. :cry: They were there to help with good, solid advice, I did not appreciate them as I should I guess. :cry:

I am also missing my dear friend Jim, he is in heaven as well. Another dear friend who cared and who was Christmas itself. :cry: My husband tries so hard, but, I just can not get over these deaths. I want my momma, daddy and friend. :cry:

I am so worried, as well, that daddy is not in heaven, I had thought he was saved, he said he was, but after my mom died, he got bitter and said he was an atheist and proud of it, that God, etc was a fairy tale. I DO NOT WANT HIM IN HELL :cry: Please God, NO!!!!!!!!! :cry:

Well, I better stop, I am getting sick to my tummy. Please keep me in your prayers.

Criada

Site Supporter
Feb 6, 2007
✟114,628.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
I'm sorry sweetie, only just saw this.
I hope you got through Christms and things are a bit easier now :hug:
It's so hard missing those who were such a huge part of our lives -especially at special I es of year.
Remember sweetie, God loves your dad even more than you do, and he understands the grief and despair that made him feel that way. :hug:

Upvote 0

Susie~Q

John 3:16 God bless you.
Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2011
South Island-New Zealand
✟271,990.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Thank you for caring. It was a very rough Christmas, :cry: I am soooo glad it is over. for some reason, it seems to get worse every year, I can only pray that next year will be better.

Hugs
Susie

Upvote 0

Johnnz

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2004
New Zealand
✟97,021.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
You can leave your dad's destiny with God. We just don't know what can happen after death.

We can't fill in the gaps loved people leave. But we must learn to live with them. It's OK to feel pain when we remember. But we must also live in the reality of:
a) We still live and are to continue to live our lives faithfully before God;
b) The good that they did and were lives on in eternity. It was precious to God and does not get erased. For a believer with Jesus now, they have entered their rest. They would not want to return. For your dad accept God's future will include your total reconciliation of his death.

John
NZ

Last edited:
Reactions: Judy02
Upvote 0

SteveNZ

Adventurer for my King
Oct 24, 2011
Nelson New Zealand
✟8,913.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
..............I know I am ruining my husband's Christmas, but, I can not help it, I do not want to feel this way.

................ My husband tries so hard, but, I just can not get over these deaths. I want my momma, daddy and friend. :cry:

...of course you are not ruining his Christmas .......
You are LOVED and cared for heaps and heaps my angel.....
I'm here to help you through and cry away with you.....
We will get there, Jesus is with us. :groupray:

Last edited:
Reactions: Susie~Q
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums