Midwest
✟81,727.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
And yet another proper time to post this: :) Here's what Jesus said, and I love the simplicity.

John 5:28 “Do not be amazed at this, for a time is coming when all who are in their graves will hear his voice and come out—those who have done what is good will rise to live, and those who have done what is evil will rise to be condemned.
God saves us to bear fruit; then people recognize that we are Christians. He has ordained and equipped us to bear fruit. See Ephesians 2:10.

Upvote 0

setst777

Site Supporter
Aug 25, 2018
Greenfield
Visit site
✟357,323.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Jesus died needlessly if prayer saves. But a person's faith in Jesus' blood is given by God because the wages of sin is death but the Gift of God is eternal life.
Rather, because of the Gospel, revealed to us in the Scriptures, we learn about the free gift of salvation; and so, pray to God, confessing our faith in Jesus as our Lord, and so receive that free gift of eternal life that God gives to those who believe.

John 3:16 (WEB) 16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish, but have eternal life.

Romans 1:16-17 (WEB) 16 For I am not ashamed of the Good News of Christ, because it is the power of God for salvation for everyone who believes, for the Jew first, and also for the Greek. 17 For in it is revealed God’s righteousness from faith to faith. As it is written, “But the righteous shall live by faith.” [Habakkuk 2:4]

John 5:24 (WEB) 24 “Most certainly I tell you, he who hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life, and doesn’t come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟254,375.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Jesus died needlessly if prayer saves. But a person's faith in Jesus' blood is given by God because the wages of sin is death but the Gift of God is eternal life.

The sinners prayer does not impart and neither faith in Jesus' blood impart God's free gift of Eternal Life to a person.

It is plainly stated in The Bible it is belief or faith in the person of Jesus, that gives a person God's free gift of Eternal Life salvation

Upvote 0

Rescued One

...yet not I, but the grace of God that is with me
Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟81,727.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
The sinners prayer does not impart and neither faith in Jesus' blood impart God's free gift of Eternal Life to a person.

It is plainly stated in The Bible it is belief or faith in the person of Jesus, that gives a person God's free gift of Eternal Life salvation
“Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God;”
Romans 3:25

Upvote 0

Rescued One

Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟81,727.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Gospel, the Good News, is what I suppose you could call the simple truth to evangelize to everyday folk. Theology is for scholars to explore the big issues such as Transubstantiation or Trinitarianism. Think Gospel=simple, Theology=difficult
Theology isn't difficult; it is through the study of God's word and the guidance f the Holy Spirit.

Upvote 0

setst777

Site Supporter
Aug 25, 2018
Greenfield
Visit site
✟357,323.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
“Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God;”
Yes, "through faith in his blood."

However, by reading the context (Romans 3:22-26) of the verse, we learn that we have faith in the person, Lord Jesus, who redeems us by His blood, to all who believe. That is how we are saved, by believing in Lord Jesus (John 3:16). The person and the work of Christ on behalf of our salvation cannot be separated, for the sinner must believe in Lord Jesus as the only one who paid the price with his own blood to redeem him, according to the Gospel.

Romans 3:22-26 (WEB) 22 God’s righteousness comes through the faith of Jesus Christ for all who have faith in him. For there is no distinction, 23 for all have sinned, and fall short of the glory of God; 24 being justified freely by his grace through the {{{redemption}}} that is in Christ Jesus; 25 whom God sent to be an atoning sacrifice, through faith in his blood, for a demonstration of his righteousness through the passing over of prior sins, in God’s forbearance; 26 to demonstrate his righteousness at this present time; that he might himself be just, and the justifier of him who has faith in Jesus.

Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟254,375.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single

Well the way the translation version you posted has it punctuated. It may seem that is what Romans 3:25 is saying but that would not be correct.

Here is an example of Romans 3:25 from the NKJV
whom God set forth as a propitiation by His blood, through faith, to demonstrate His righteousness, because in His forbearance God had passed over the sins that were previously committed,

So what Paul is saying in this chapter (3) including Romans 3:25
Paul is referencing back to the Tanakh and the mercy seat where the high priest entered the Holy of Holies to meat God annually by means of the blood that was sprinkled on the mercy seat. So the blood sprinkled mercy seat was a point of contact between God and sinful man.

Now after Jesus' successful blood sacrifice and resurrection, a person who through faith in the person Jesus, who now has replaced the mercy seat.

Man and God can now meet, The Messiah (Jesus) has now become the permanent perfect mercy seat replacement, who was a superior sacrifice and does not need to be repeated again and again like the old mercy seat.

Jesus' one time sacrifice was perfect and perfectly satisfied God's justice for mans sin. God accepted Jesus back into heaven, so anyone who has faith/belief in Jesus is also welcomed back by God.

But what Romans 3:25 is not saying, is faith in Jesus' blood makes one acceptable to God. It is faith in the person Jesus who was the perfect mercy seat sacrifice by the shedding of His blood.

Reactions: setst777
Upvote 0

Danthemailman

Jul 18, 2017
Midwest
✟307,806.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
To walk in the light, to walk in the Spirit, is to follow Lord Jesus into sanctification onto righteousness and love. This is the Christian who is forgiven of all sins he commits in weakness and confesses; and so, the true Christian always remains holy onto God in righteousness.

1 John 6:7 (WEB) 6 If we say that we have fellowship with him and walk in the darkness, we lie, and don’t tell the truth. 7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus Christ, his Son, cleanses us from all sin.
1 John 1:6 - If we say that we have fellowship with Him, and walk in darkness, we lie and do not practice the truth. But if we walk in the light as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanses us from all sin. Walking in darkness is 'descriptive' of children of the devil. Walking in the light is 'descriptive' of children of God. Only those who are saved/believers are in the light.

Acts 26:18 - to open their eyes, in order to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan to God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins and an inheritance among those who are sanctified by faith in Me.

2 Corinthians 6:14 - Do not be unequally yoked together with unbelievers. For what fellowship has righteousness with lawlessness? And what communion has light with darkness?

Ephesians 5:8 - for you were formerly darkness, but now you are Light in the Lord; walk as children of Light. Children of the devil walk in darkness, not in the light. Children of God walk in the light, not in darkness. IF confirms these positions in verses 6 and 7. It's one or the other.

In 1 John 2:9, we read - He who says he is in the light, and hates his brother, is in darkness until now. In verse 11 - But he who hates his brother is in darkness and walks in darkness, and does not know where he is going, because the darkness has blinded his eyes.

*Compare with 1 John 3:10 - In this the children of God and the children of the devil are manifest: Whoever does not practice righteousness is not of God, (compare with 1 John 1:6 - does not practice the truth) nor is he who does not love his brother.

*Notice that "walks in darkness" and "hates his brother" is associated with "children of the devil" and not children of God.

Reactions: Rescued One
Upvote 0

setst777

Site Supporter
Aug 25, 2018
Greenfield
Visit site
✟357,323.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Well the way the translation version you posted has it punctuated. It may seem that is what Romans 3:25 is saying but that would not be correct.

Here is an example of Romans 3:25 from the NKJV
whom God set forth as a propitiation by His blood, through faith, to demonstrate His righteousness, because in His forbearance God had passed over the sins that were previously committed,

So what Paul is saying in this chapter (3) including Romans 3:25
Paul is referencing back to the Tanakh and the mercy seat where the high priest entered the Holy of Holies to meat God annually by means of the blood that was sprinkled on the mercy seat. So the blood sprinkled mercy seat was a point of contact between God and sinful man.

Now after Jesus' successful blood sacrifice and resurrection, a person who through faith in the person Jesus, who now has replaced the mercy seat.

Man and God can now meet, The Messiah (Jesus) has now become the permanent perfect mercy seat replacement, who was a superior sacrifice and does not need to be repeated again and again like the old mercy seat.

Jesus' one time sacrifice was perfect and perfectly satisfied God's justice for mans sin. God accepted Jesus back into heaven, so anyone who has faith/belief in Jesus is also welcomed back by God.

But what Romans 3:25 is not saying, is faith in Jesus' blood makes one acceptable to God. It is faith in the person Jesus who was the perfect mercy seat sacrifice by the shedding of His blood.
Hi d taylor. You are correct; in that, grammatically, "Romans 9:23 NKJV" is another correct rendering of the verse. Either way, the outcome is the same; in that, we are to put our faith in Lord Jesus and his redeeming work for us to be saved. Faith in his blood alone saves no one, unless we put our faith in Lord Jesus who died for us.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

setst777

Site Supporter
Aug 25, 2018
Greenfield
Visit site
✟357,323.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
1 John 1:6 - If we say that we have fellowship with Him, and walk in darkness, we lie and do not practice the truth. But if we walk in the light as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanses us from all sin. Walking in darkness is 'descriptive' of children of the devil. Walking in the light is 'descriptive' of children of God. Only those who are saved/believers are in the light.

Acts 26:18 - to open their eyes, in order to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan to God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins and an inheritance among those who are sanctified by faith in Me.

2 Corinthians 6:14 - Do not be unequally yoked together with unbelievers. For what fellowship has righteousness with lawlessness? And what communion has light with darkness?

Ephesians 5:8 - for you were formerly darkness, but now you are Light in the Lord; walk as children of Light. Children of the devil walk in darkness, not in the light. Children of God walk in the light, not in darkness. IF confirms these positions in verses 6 and 7. It's one or the other.

In 1 John 2:9, we read - He who says he is in the light, and hates his brother, is in darkness until now. In verse 11 - But he who hates his brother is in darkness and walks in darkness, and does not know where he is going, because the darkness has blinded his eyes.

*Compare with 1 John 3:10 - In this the children of God and the children of the devil are manifest: Whoever does not practice righteousness is not of God, (compare with 1 John 1:6 - does not practice the truth) nor is he who does not love his brother.

*Notice that "walks in darkness" and "hates his brother" is associated with "children of the devil" and not children of God.
I agree that "walks in darkness" and "hates his brother" is associated with "children of the devil" and not children of God.

Keep in mind that we are children of God by faith.

Galatians 3:26 (EWEB) For you are all children of God, {{through faith}} in Christ Jesus.

Regeneration is to receive God’s Spirit AFTER a person believes and becomes a child of God:

Galatians 4:6 (WEB) And because you are children, God sent out the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, “Abba, Father!”

So, what happens if a Christian does not remain in the faith? Are they still children of God? . . . Not according to God's Word.

The Passages you quoted do not address those Christians who fall away from the faith - those Christians who are deceived, or fall into sin, and so, quench, insult/enrage, test, grieve, reject, lie to the Spirit dwelling in them.
  • Grieve the indwelling Spirit (Ephesians 4:17-32),
  • Quench the indwelling Spirit (1 Thessalonians 5:19),
  • Insult/Enrage the indwelling Spirit (Hebrews 10:24-31),
  • Reject the indwelling Spirit (1 Thessalonians 4:1-8),
  • Lie to the indwelling Spirit (Acts 5:3), and
  • Test the indwelling Spirit (Acts 5:9).
Christians who reject, insult, and enrage the indwelling Spirit will suffer eternal punishment if not confessed and repented of (Hebrews 10:24-31; Revelation 3:1-6; Romans 11:19-22).

The Spirit will only give eternal life to the Born-Again Christian who continues to sow to the Spirit without giving up.

Galatians 6:7-9 (EWEB) 7 Do not be deceived. God is not mocked, for whatever a man sows, that he will also reap. 8 For he who sows to his own flesh will from the flesh reap corruption. But he who sows to the Spirit will {{{from the Spirit}}} reap Eternal Life. 9 Let {{{us}}} not be weary in doing good, for {{{we}}} will reap in due season, {{{if we}}} do not give up.

The Born-Again believer is obligated to live by the Spirit - putting to death the deeds of the flesh by the Spirit living in them - to have life in the Spirit.

Romans 8:12-14 (NIV) 12 Therefore, brothers and sisters, we have an obligation – but it is not to the flesh, to live according to it. 13 For if you live according to the flesh, you will die; but if by the Spirit you put to death the misdeeds of the body, you will live. 14 For those who are led by the Spirit of God are the children of God.

Unless a born-again believer continues to manifest his faith in a sanctified life of righteousness, he is rejecting God and His Spirit; such as these do not belong to Christ, even though they were in the Faith, and had God's Spirit dwelling in them. The Spirit surely will lead, but we are commanded to follow, to live, walk, and sow to the Spirit, for the Spirit to lead us. Because a Christian can reject God and His Spirit living in him to pursue sins once again.

1 Thessalonians 4:1-8 (WEB) Finally then, brothers, we beg and exhort you in the Lord Jesus, that as you received from us how you ought to walk and to please God, that you abound more and more. 2 For you know what instructions we gave you through the Lord Jesus. 3 For this is the will of God: your sanctification, that you abstain from sexual immorality, 4 that each one of you know how to control his own body in sanctification and honor, 5 not in the passion of lust, even as the Gentiles who don’t know God, 6 that no one should take advantage of and wrong a brother or sister in this matter; because the Lord is an avenger in all these things, as also we forewarned you and testified. 7 For God called us not for uncleanness, but in sanctification. 8 Therefore he who rejects this doesn’t reject man, but God, who has also given his Holy Spirit to you.

Last edited:
Reactions: L.A.M.B.
Upvote 0

Reginald Taylor Jr

Oct 26, 2023
California
✟16,277.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
We believe that only means of being cleansed from sin is through repentance and faith in the precious Blood of Jesus Christ.

Revelations 3:5
5 He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life, but I will confess his name before my Father, and before his angels.

I believe in God my Father and have faith, faithful and true and my name will be called Pentecost I recieve lifting up my holy hands

Upvote 0

setst777

Site Supporter
Aug 25, 2018
Greenfield
Visit site
✟357,323.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
We believe that only means of being cleansed from sin is through repentance and faith in the precious Blood of Jesus Christ.

5 He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life, but I will confess his name before my Father, and before his angels.

I believe in God my Father and have faith, faithful and true and my name will be called Pentecost I recieve lifting up my holy hands
Do you also believe in Jesus, confessing him as your Lord?

Acts 20:20-21 (NIV) 20 You know that I have not hesitated to preach anything that would be helpful to you but have taught you publicly and from house to house. 21 I have declared to both Jews and Greeks that they must turn to God in repentance and have faith in our Lord Jesus.

Upvote 0

Reginald Taylor Jr

Oct 26, 2023
California
✟16,277.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single

Jesus Christ is KINGS OF KINGS LORD OF LORDS

Upvote 0

earthmover

My Friend
May 6, 2022
Southeast
✟20,994.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
In today's world where churches and different beliefs are popping up on every corner, not to mention the years of churches preaching a watered down Bible and God. What does the Bible say and not say concerning salvation? Seems to me that if one is going to endeavor to be a Christian, one would be concerned with God's word more so than anything else!!! 1. No where does the NT say or imply that anyone has ever been saved by praying "the sinners prayer".
2. The Bible does however say specifically that obedience IS involved in salvation.
2 Thessalonians 1:6-8
since it is a righteous thing with God to repay with tribulation those who trouble you,and to give you who are troubled rest with us when the Lord Jesus is revealed from heaven with His mighty angels,in flaming fire taking vengeance on those who do not know God, and on those who do not obey the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ. -
The Bible says what the Bible says, regardless of what anyone believes. Sure, there are prophetic areas of the Bible where I may be right in the interpretation or you may be or we both may be wrong, but I submit to you that anything pertaining to salvation is straight forward requiring zero interpretation. Would God want us to be saved and not tell us how to be saved? Would God be a just God by requiring this for salvation from one person and something different from another thus making it impossible to know? Not according to the Word of God. For those who will argue the "sinner prayer" i have but one more verse for ponderance.

Now we know that God does not hear sinners; but if anyone is a worshiper of God and does His will, He hears him. - John 9:31
Can a sinner pray him/her self to heaven?
Not according to God's word.
In Him
Our salvation is all of GOD and not any of us. It is a gift of GOD that He chooses whom He chooses.

Reactions: Rescued One
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

setst777

Site Supporter
Aug 25, 2018
Greenfield
Visit site
✟357,323.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Our salvation is all of GOD and not any of us. It is a gift of GOD that He chooses whom He chooses.
Regarding salvation, God's kind intention is to have mercy on all:

Romans 11:32 (KJV) 32 For God hath concluded them all in unbelief, that he might have mercy upon all.

Salvation is granted by God to all through the Gospel, and is by faith evidenced by following Lord Jesus - being His disciples:

Matthew 28:19-20
(NIV) 19 Therefore go and make disciples [followers] of all nations, baptizing them [disciples] in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 and teaching them [disciples] to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.

Salvation is all God's Work in those who believe, which always includes repentance:

1 Corinthians 1:21
(WEB) 21 For seeing that in the wisdom of God, the world through its wisdom didn’t know God, it was God’s good pleasure through the foolishness of the preaching to save those who believe.

2 Corinthians 7:10 (WEB) For godly sorrow produces repentance to salvation, which brings no regret.

Luke 24:44-47 (WEB) 46 He said to them, “Thus it is written, and thus it was necessary for the Christ to suffer and to rise from the dead the third day, 47 and that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in his name to all the nations, beginning at Jerusalem.”

Acts 17:30 The times of ignorance therefore God overlooked. But now he commands that all people everywhere should repent, 31 because he has appointed a day in which he will judge the world in righteousness by the man whom he has ordained; of which he has given assurance to all men, in that he has raised him from the dead.

Acts 20:20-21 (NIV) 20 You know that I have not hesitated to preach anything that would be helpful to you but have taught you publicly and from house to house. 21 I have declared to both Jews and Greeks that they must turn to God [conversion] in repentance [change of mind and purpose] and have faith in our Lord Jesus.

John 10:27-28 (WEB) 27 My sheep listen my voice, and I know them, and they {{follow me}}. 28 I give eternal life to them.

Faith is not part of salvation; rather, by believing in Lord Jesus, God wills and elects to save us. Salvation is by faith:

John 3:16
(WEB) 16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, so that whoever believes in him should not perish, but have eternal life. [Eternal Life is the New Birth of the Spirit dwelling in us.]

Galatians 3:13-14 (WEB) 13 Christ redeemed us from the curse of the law, having become a curse for us. For it is written, “Cursed is everyone who hangs on a tree,” [Deuteronomy 21:23] 14 that the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Christ Jesus, that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.

Regeneration is Eternal Life given by the indwelling Spirit and is by faith manifested by sowing to the Spirit:

John 5:24
(WEB) 24 “Most certainly I tell you, he who hears [listens] my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life, and doesn’t come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

John 7:37-38 (WEB) 37 Now on the last and greatest day of the feast, Jesus stood and cried out, “If anyone is thirsty, let him come to me and drink! 38 He who believes in me, as the Scripture has said, from within him will flow rivers of living water.” 39 But he said this about the Spirit, which those believing in him were to receive.

Galatians 6:7-9 (WEB) Do not be deceived. God is not mocked, for whatever a man sows, that he will also reap. 8 For he who sows to his own flesh will from the flesh reap corruption. But he who sows to the Spirit will {{{from the Spirit}}} reap eternal life. 9 {{{Let us}}} not be weary in doing good, for {{{we}}} will reap in due season, {{{if we}}} {{{do not give up}}}.

Galatians 5:25 (EWEB) 25 If we live by the Spirit, let us also keep in step with the Spirit.

Faith itself is never part of salvation in any of the Scriptures; rather, by faith, we are redeemed (John 3:16), sanctified (Romans 6:19:23), justified and saved (Romans 5:1-2), adopted (Galatians 3:7), regenerated (John 5:24), made alive (Galatians 3:21-24).

Faith in Lord Jesus, by which God loves us and saves us is evidenced by following Lord Jesus.

John 15:10
(WEB) 10 If you keep my commandments, you will remain in my love; even as I {{have kept my Father’s commandments, and remain in his love}}.

If your doctrine of salvation contradicts any of these Scriptures, then you are taking Scriptures out of the Gospel context as we see plainly and fully revealed in the NT.

Upvote 0

Stephen3141

Mar 14, 2023
Southwest
✟42,073.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
In today's world where churches and different beliefs are popping up on every corner, not to mention the years of churches preaching a watered down Bible and God. What does the Bible say and not say concerning salvation? Seems to me that if one is going to endeavor to be a Christian, one would be concerned with God's word more so than anything else!!! 1. No where does the NT say or imply that anyone has ever been saved by praying "the sinners prayer".
2. The Bible does however say specifically that obedience IS involved in salvation.
2 Thessalonians 1:6-8
since it is a righteous thing with God to repay with tribulation those who trouble you,and to give you who are troubled rest with us when the Lord Jesus is revealed from heaven with His mighty angels,in flaming fire taking vengeance on those who do not know God, and on those who do not obey the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ. -
The Bible says what the Bible says, regardless of what anyone believes. Sure, there are prophetic areas of the Bible where I may be right in the interpretation or you may be or we both may be wrong, but I submit to you that anything pertaining to salvation is straight forward requiring zero interpretation. Would God want us to be saved and not tell us how to be saved? Would God be a just God by requiring this for salvation from one person and something different from another thus making it impossible to know? Not according to the Word of God. For those who will argue the "sinner prayer" i have but one more verse for ponderance.

Now we know that God does not hear sinners; but if anyone is a worshiper of God and does His will, He hears him. - John 9:31
Can a sinner pray him/her self to heaven?
Not according to God's word.
In Him
I think that you are using modern "jargon", when you use the word "saved".

Christians need to be careful, that the definitions of the words that they use, match the
definitions of the concepts that the Bible presents.

When you talk about "being saved", this doesn't really correlate to the Greek
words swzw/swzomai, which are the ones often translated as "save".

Going back to the world-class lexicon definition of these words...

This word has all sorts of meanings (BDAG 982-983):

"to preserve or rescue fr. natural dangers and afflictions"
"keep from harm"
"save from death"
"bring out safely fr."
"save/free from disease"
"keep, preserve"
"thrive prosper, get on well"
"save or preserve fr. transcendent dangerous destruction, save/preserve fr. eternal death"
"of qualities, etc., that lead to salvation" James 1.21 is specifically mentioned with this meaning
"be saved, attain salvation"

note that certain passages refer to multiple meanings (above).

Note that many of these meanings go on throughout the life of a child of God. We do not receive the teaching of the Word of God only at one time, but over and over again, throughout our life. And it is this ongoing saving/preserving that leads to a faithful ending of the race (to use Paul's wording).

I mention this, because some people who do not read the Greek, think that "save" in English is a one-time event. But in the Greek swzw, entering into God's people through conversion is only the beginning of the race. And "salvation" is not complete, until we finish the race faithfully. We need the Word of God, throughout this race.
---------- ----------

If you're going to assert something about "being saved", you need to identify which of the biblical
meanings you are referring to.

Otherwise, your argument is not grounded on the biblical concept of salvation.
---------- ----------

(I started the thread Formal Logic: Justifying Initial Premises
to address this problem of Christians often using definitions of
terms, that do not match the meaning of the original text of
the Bible.)

Upvote 0

Rescued One

Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟81,727.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Are you accusing me of something? I take no credit, Jesus died for my sins, as well as yours. Say what you wish plainly or spicifically and I'll adress it as best I can with scripture. Not what I "think".
In Him
I don't think I was accusing you of any error. But I must have forgotten this thread.

Upvote 0

Frosty Cook

Aug 27, 2019
Comanche
✟21,638.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
You're right. Salvation is not a complicated affair.

"Then Peter said to them, “Repent, and let every one of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins; and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. (Acts 2:38)"

"9 that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. 10 For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. 11 For the Scripture says,“Whoever believes on Him will not be put to shame.” (Romans 10:9-11)

"If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and cleanse us from all unrighteousness." (I John 1:9)

"Then he brought them out and said, “Sirs, what must I do to be saved?” And they said, “Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved, you and your household.” (Acts 16:30-31)

"Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned." (Mark 16:16)

"He saved us, not because of works done by us in righteousness, but according to his own mercy, by the washing of regeneration and renewal of the Holy Spirit" (Titus 3:5)

"For Christ did not send me to baptize but to preach the gospel, and not with words of eloquent wisdom, lest the cross of Christ be emptied of its power" (I Corinthians 1:17)

There's more, but I think that's good for now. :) Clearly it is belief and repentance that is the critical part of the conversion process. And how else would you express that initial belief and repentance except through prayer? God does not require us to be righteous to be saved. "But to him who does not work but believes on Him who justifies the ungodly, his faith is accounted for righteousness" (Romans 4:5)

First of all, you have to know what the Greek definition of the word "salvation" is, and it is salvation=deliverance, saved=delivered, and save=deliver.

The scriptures teach that we are delivered one time eternally. The person who has been delivered eternally has the promise of God to inherit heaven.

Those who have the promise of heaven, as they live their lives here on earth, can be delivered by God many times by the choices they make as they sojourn here on earth, such as repenting of a sin they have committed and God delivers (saves) them from the results of that sin.

When we follow his commandments he delivers (saves) us from leading an unfruitful life. This is a salvation (deliverance) that is obtained by our good works.

If you, mistakenly, apply all of the salvation (deliverance) scriptures to eternal deliverance, the scriptures will tend to teach eternal deliverance obtained by your good works.

All of the scripture references that you have given require an action (work) to gain deliverance's that a child of God receives as he sojourns here on earth.

The inspired scriptures are written as instructions to God's children as to how God wants them to live their lives as they sojourn here on earth, It also informs them how that God promised to deliver them to their inheritance of heaven.

Last edited:
Upvote 0