How many kids do u have?

Oct 29, 2006
✟10,867.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I have 1 daughter and a son on the way, 1 miscarriage before them. We always wanted a big family, but have had some trouble conceiveing, so we just feel so blessed to have a healthy girl and (so far) healthy boy, if God chooses to bless us again (i'm only 23) at any stage it would be a blessing, but as some others have said for us it's about trusting God for the size of our family - big or smaller than we would have chosen for ourselves!

Upvote 0

peetred

Feb 28, 2007
✟7,740.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
We have one, but due to "possible" fertility issues with my husband, have not yet conceived a second child. Our son is not biologically my husband's. We are, however, becoming foster parents in the next couple of months (finishing up licensing). Who knows, the lord may just bless us with an adoption that way. If not, we will surely be helping to give kids a good temporary christian home.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

BlessingsROnMe

May 10, 2007
✟8,278.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
To the people that look at age as being a cap of how many kids you can have.....remember age is just a number and many times in the Bible women had kids close to 100 years old! So don't look at 40 as a cap of the oldest that you can have kids. I have a friend that just had one and she is over 40. Just stay healthy and expecting, but most of all trust God.

To answer the question......I have 3 kids. Apart of me I think someday I would like to have another girl. Maybe adopt though....when my kids are older. But I definitly do not want another any time soon because my last son is less than a year old. I never planned on having more than two but after number two I just gave it to God to decide when we have more kids. So number three came and then a well meaning person influenced my hubby to start using condoms. But if God wants us to have more....we will.....condom or not! But I used to joke that my quiver was full at two.....apparently God did not think so. He has better plans than me...so I will just leave it up to him!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

faithmom

I'm gonna walk by faith.
Jul 19, 2006
North America
✟24,913.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
When my husband and I married, I wanted 2, he wanted 7 (typical, that was the number in our own families of origin)....After the 1st child, I wanted lots more, he wanted, maybe 1......

We had 3 and had to stop, I can't keep them in safely to term. Even hubby would have more now, but, they all came too early. (1st one 26 days, no intervention. 2nd one 23 days, bedrest and medical intervention, 3rd one 19 days with bedrest, and maximum does of intevention meds) True contractions started earlier each time, and the cervix was never fully effaced or had even begun to dialate, so cervical stitch is not and option. The last one was 19 days early with bedrest from week 28 and daily med of terbutiline to control contractions. All labors were fast and furious. 12 hours the 1st, 4 hours the other 2. And my water broke each time as well...no stopping the labor once that happens.

God's blessing, I lived close to the hospital, made it there in time for medical care immediately for them, they were all amazingly a good weight (6 to 8 pounds)....I had taken meticulous care of myself....and they all turned out healthy, bright and without disablity.

But my OB said, based on my delivery history, hormone levels, and pelvic structure each continued pregnancy would be harder to maintain with any success
I was in my mid 30's, and now am in my 40's....my body just won't hold them as I get older.

Sigh.

I just dreamed last night that I was pregnant again, and was at the baby shower, where I realized it couldn't be true, and my tummy was suddenly flat. I cried so hard I couldn't explain to the people in the dream what was wrong....they just kept telling me how great I looked this far along, and how did I keep my tummy so flat with a baby in there. Not a good dream.

So, if you can build the nest (basic needs met), and you want lots of children, they are one of the greatest gifts in life that God can give you. Have 'em and hold 'em for me.

IMHO

Upvote 0

chrislife

OCDS
Mar 24, 2005
Visit site
✟17,933.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I have 7.1

I came to the marriage with three.
Hubbie came with two.
We've had two together.
We're expecting number 8 in January, by which time I'll be almost 41.

The whole thing will feel much more exciting once the first trimester exhaustion is past.

---Christina

Upvote 0

Faith2Faith

Jun 2, 2007
good ole' WV
✟15,297.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I have six.. married at 17, had first when I was 18.. then about 1yr and1/2 later they kept coming til I was about 26. Just minor complications on 2. I thank my God I had all natural and no major problems.. I wonder at times.. wow! outta 6.. I had no still births..etc.. My aunts on the other hand had lots of problems. I do sympathize with anyones loss.. I treasure mine.. I say that watching my kids play is my hobby.. I couldnt even imagine not having them with me.

Upvote 0