How long have you been playing your instrument?

iplay4JC

Isa. 54:17
Nov 1, 2009
USA
✟7,782.00
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I've been playing guitar since I was 14 years old. I'm now 56 and cherish the woodshedding moments I have in between work and home.

I was really motivated to learn and took also took guitar in high school as a sophomore. In order to pass the class, we had to learn how to read music at the end of the quarter/semester. He'd take roll call then turned us loose to do whatever we wanted. So I'd gravitate to the guys who were playing the lastest and greatest: Zeppelin, Deep Purple, Yes, The Beatles, Chicago, Black Sabbath, Jethro Tull, Neil Young and John Denver!

When I was at home, I forced myself to learn the notes and read music. Needless to say I passed the class with an "A". At the end of my senior year, I asked the guitar teacher if he'd sign my yearbook. He gave me the highest compliment by saying he enjoyed hearing me progress so fast during my sophomore year.

Definitely a God-given talent, for sure!

Upvote 0

PapaZoom

Nov 3, 2013
car
✟59,306.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
Hey guys,

I was wondering how long you have been playing your instrument (s) (voice included, for all singers out there? How long did it take you to get better at playing/singing?

God bless you :groupray::holy::cool:
I've been playing music since 4th grade. I've played guitar since I was 17 (I'm 63 now) and I've been taking advanced lessons to help me to learn classical and jazz. I've played in the worship band for 20 plus years and mostly play bass for that. Guitar is my main instrument and fingerstyle is my favorite.

Upvote 0