Hendrix at #1, as expected

SavedByGrace3

Jesus is Lord of ALL! (Not asking permission)
Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟570,045.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
(if this is not in the right place, feel free to move it around)
Hendrix is at the top, as expected. Up there with Eddie VH, Page, and Beck.
But Clapton at 35? Harrison at 31?
And can we take this seriously with Joe Satriani at 94 and Steve Vai at 127? Did they watch Crossroads?
I love Joni Mitchell's music... but seriously, not in the top 10 guitarists. I smell some inclusivity here.

Last edited:

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟310,178.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Typical Rolling Stone blather. Self proclaimed experts dictating what we must think. That is why the industry is manufactured and dead now. We use to enjoy music on our terms until the industry stepped in and told us what we should like. They tried it in the early 60's with what was called puke rock, done in an attempt to subdue R&R but it failed thanks to a British invasion but sadly it came back in the 90's as formula and mindless beat over melody took over and hasn't released its grip since. Even the R&R Hall of Fame is being infested with parasitic non rock genres.

PS Hendrix could have evolved into a true talent as he was on that path away from gimmicks, but it never happened whether his death was intentional or not. Gimmicks are still alive and thriving today while the so called talent is subjective. Yet every once in a while despite the industries propaganda every once in a while a kid will hear a tune from back in the day and say WOW, what is that! It certainly wasn't formula or AI.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟115,615.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
And can we take this seriously with Joe Satriani at 94 and Steve Vai at 127? Did they watch Crossroads?
I love Joni Mitchell's music... but seriously, not in the top 10 guitarists. I smell some inclusivity here.

Is this Rolling Stones periodical stuff even news? I love classic rock, but this article is just an opinion piece.

Upvote 0

SavedByGrace3

Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟570,045.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
My top 10 Guitarists
Hendrix
Steve Vai
Jimmy Page
Eddie Van Halen
Terry Kath (Chicago)
Brian May
Pete Townshend
George Harrison
Mark Farner (Grand Funk)
Jeff Beck

Upvote 0

SavedByGrace3

Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟570,045.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
No Leo Kottke ?
As Paul4JC said, it is biased - like my list, which is heavy on 60s and 70s musicians. It is like mom's cooking, you like what you grew up with.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SavedByGrace3

Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟570,045.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Thanks. I am happy to see some of the young up-and-comers, especially among the ladies! I think they have a natural soul property for a smooth melodic sound like Via and Hendrix.

• Love
Reactions: joymercy
Upvote 0

Laodicean60

Jul 2, 2023
NM
✟34,979.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
As Paul4JC said, it is biased - like my list, which is heavy on 60s and 70s musicians. It is like mom's cooking, you like what you grew up with.
And we always say the good old days.

Upvote 0

Richard T

Mar 25, 2018
traveling Asia
✟71,506.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

Al Di Meola did not even make the list. I saw him in concert where he played note for note with a marimba player, two mallets in each hand with near perfection in both players. He is top ten in my mind.

Reactions: SavedByGrace3
Upvote 0

SavedByGrace3

Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟570,045.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Al Di Meola did not even make the list. I saw him in concert where he played note for note with a marimba player, two mallets in each hand with near perfection in both players. He is top ten in my mind.
I will have to look him up. I am a drummer - guitarist wanna be. But I appreciate a good guitarist.
I did....
Kind of like a cross between James Howe of Yes and Carlos Santana. Unique to himself.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums