Dave Darling

Jan 10, 2016
Harrisburg, PA
✟128,966.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Hey something just came to me- it seems that there will be a time that we pass on from this life and enter heaven, but once we arrive there it is for eternity, we will never leave! I think this means something, but I am not sure what it is! Is anything coming to you? Let me know. It seems that there is a timeline in heaven, but maybe it is on a different timeline than the earth!

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟144,859.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hey something just came to me- it seems that there will be a time that we pass on from this life and enter heaven, but once we arrive there it is for eternity, we will never leave! I think this means something, but I am not sure what it is! Is anything coming to you? Let me know. It seems that there is a timeline in heaven, but maybe it is on a different timeline than the earth!
It is self explanatory, we will be living with God for ∞ (infinity/eternal) years. Let us not dwell on the details of how time passes in Heaven, and instead live our lives to glorify Christ and put faith in Him every day.

Upvote 0

Dave Darling

Jan 10, 2016
Harrisburg, PA
✟128,966.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Something that just came to me- there was a day we were created, we were born, there was a time that we were not, but once we were created it is for eternity, we will never cease to exist! This means something! I am seeking God for the answer! I am having a hard time getting my mind around this, it is very hard for us to comprehend eternity, as we were born inside time and everything in creation is currently passing away!

Reactions: AlexB23
Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟144,859.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Something that just came to me- there was a day we were created, we were born, there was a time that we were not, but once we were created it is for eternity, we will never cease to exist! This means something! I am seeking God for the answer! I am having a hard time getting my mind around this, it is very hard for us to comprehend eternity, as we were born inside time and everything in creation is currently passing away!
Yeah, it will be hard to comprehend, until we visit Jesus. Also, entropy means the universe is growing old, decaying. Anyways, God bless sir.

Upvote 0

Unqualified

243 God loves me
Site Supporter
Aug 17, 2020
West of Mississippi
✟430,425.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
We will be able to visit all the stars and planets if there are any. Plenty to do. Heaven is a big place. In spirit a 1000 year praise session will be nothing. One day at a time. We still only have an earthly mind to comprehend it.
No time means no passage of time. We will eat as a group. I expect to be met at the pearl gate by people I know and there will be fellowship like never before. No boredom.

Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟144,859.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
We will be able to visit all the stars and planets if there are any. Plenty to do. Heaven is a big place. In spirit a 1000 year praise session will be nothing. One day at a time. We still only have an earthly mind to comprehend it.
No time means no passage of time. We will eat as a group. I expect to be met at the pearl gate by people I know and there will be fellowship like never before. No boredom.
Hopefully heaven has warp drive capable ships, so we can explore the planets there as Picard does in Star Trek TNG. :)

Upvote 0

trophy33

Nov 18, 2018
N/A
✟155,872.00
Country
Czech Republic
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hopefully heaven has warp drive capable ships, so we can explore the planets there as Picard does in Star Trek TNG. :)
Heaven is either outside of the universe or a higher dimension in the universe. In any case, the Star Trek concept of 3D universe physical space ships would not apply, I guess.

Our capabilities would be more similar to the ones of Q, probably.

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟929,833.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
John 14:1-3 Jesus returns to take us to heaven
1 Thess 4:13-18 Jesus takes all the saints (the living and the dead) to heaven at the future rapture.
Matt 24:29-33 World wide event -- when Jesus take the saints to heaven
2 Thess 1:5-8 all the lost are destroyed at the same event.
Jer 4:23-26, Rev 19 -- the earth is left desolate
Then after 1000 years - all the saints as well as the New Jerusalem comes down to Earth Rev 20, Rev 21.
Matt 5 "The saints inherit the Earth"

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟929,833.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Heaven is either outside of the universe or a higher dimension in the universe. In any case, the Star Trek concept of 3D universe physical space ships would not apply, I guess.
I think it does apply in some ways. Certainly angels are in the universe, are finite beings and are not infinite God -
Certainly God's throne is surrounded by Angels

So while many dimensions may exist what is true about dimensions is that you can't be in a higher dimension without also being in ever dimension below it. A three dimensional object must also manifest in both 2 dimensions and 1 dimension.
Our capabilities would be more similar to the ones of Q, probably.
Q had infinite power and was supposedly all-knowing. I think we have to check that one off as a bit goofy since Q did not act like he actually knew everything and was blundering quite a bit.

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟929,833.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
It does not appear that they are using ships to get around. Just like fish to not use ships to swim. I think God has a mechanism for them to travel in reasonable time.

IN Dan 9 -- Daniel says a prayer - in the middle of the chapter and angel shows up and says that at the start of Daniel's prayer the angels was commissioned to go and give Daniel the key to understanding the vision in Dan 8. It takes just a few minutes to read that prayer, so there is at least "an argument" that it does not take them much time at all to cover large distances.

• Informative
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟929,833.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
The saints are given eternal life according to the Bible. But lost people do not have eternal life.

Upvote 0

trophy33

Nov 18, 2018
N/A
✟155,872.00
Country
Czech Republic
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Q had infinite power and was supposedly all-knowing. I think we have to check that one off as a bit goofy since Q did not act like he actually knew everything and was blundering quite a bit.
I meant more similar to Q than to physical beings in the Star Trek world. Not all-knowing or with infinite powers, but kind of outside of the spacetime and its limitations and non-physical.

Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟144,859.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It does not appear that they are using ships to get around. Just like fish to not use ships to swim. I think God has a mechanism for them to travel in reasonable time.

IN Dan 9 -- Daniel says a prayer - in the middle of the chapter and angel shows up and says that at the start of Daniel's prayer the angels was commissioned to go and give Daniel the key to understanding the vision in Dan 8. It takes just a few minutes to read that prayer, so there is at least "an argument" that it does not take them much time at all to cover large distances.
Whatever the case, we will not know the spiritual mechanics of heaven until we get there.

Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟201,029.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
John 14:1-3 Jesus returns to take us to heaven
1 Thess 4:13-18 Jesus takes all the saints (the living and the dead) to heaven at the future rapture.
Matt 24:29-33 World wide event -- when Jesus take the saints to heaven
2 Thess 1:5-8 all the lost are destroyed at the same event.
Jer 4:23-26, Rev 19 -- the earth is left desolate
Then after 1000 years - all the saints as well as the New Jerusalem comes down to Earth Rev 20, Rev 21.
Matt 5 "The saints inherit the Earth"
And in 1 Cor 6:2 says we will GOVERN the UNIVERSE and GOVERN ANGELS '

And read 1 Cor 2:9-10 .

Even those in ASTRONOMY say that the universe is a bout 90 million miles away , so knows ?

dan p

Reactions: BobRyan
Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟929,833.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married

Even those in ASTRONOMY say that the universe is a bout 90 million miles away , so knows ?

dan p
what you do you mean "90 million miles"?

Do you mean 93 billion light years across?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟929,833.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married

dan p
what you do you mean "90 million miles"?

Do you mean 93 billion light years across?
We will never now until we all taken to be with Christ and we will be more than shocked , don't you see ??

dan p
it is 93 million miles to the sun. If the entire universe were only 93 million miles total - we would be out of the universe in about half a year in our orbit around the sun.

Triangulation allows us to measure distance from your driveway to a tree far off in the distance.

That same method allows us to measure distances in space taking two measurements one in spring and one in fall using the orbit of the earth around the sun to then create a triangle out to a distant star in the universe to calculate distance.

But there are other methods based on Cepheid light and the inverse square law for light and distance which allows for measuring even greater distances out into the universe.

Last edited:
Upvote 0