Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Super excited to go to Greece - this is a new country for me. 9 days - 12 one hours class sessions - a leadership meeting and Sunday service in a church.

If anyone is interested, I can post some photo's etc. while I am there.

I am a missionary to Europe and the Middle East, we help train and develop Local Pastors and staff. I was in Berlin Earlier this year - Greece this month - Tennessee in August - Cairo and Alexandria Egypt in September and Germany in October.

God is moving and doing some amazing things.

hislegacy

Jesus is the only Way
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟721,545.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Getting ready to head to the airport - Flying has changed quite a bit over the last tow years. No longer a mask mandate! Hooray! - but you really have to watch connection times. including layovers this will be a 27 hour trip.

I fly one specific airline exclusively. I average 80k miles a year and there are plusses to keeping with one carrier. Like a complimentary upgrade from Economy to Business Class - Makes the journey a whole lot easier on my body. Doesn't happen often, but when it does - it sure is nice.

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Jesus is the only Way
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟721,545.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
FA3C5DC0-31BC-4FDE-9560-713F2ADC4EFF.jpeg
Made it to Chicago. Just a couple of short hours before leaving for Greece

Reactions: jiminpa
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,116,471.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
This is one of the markets and amphitheaters in Thessaloniki. I can picture Paul traveling through, stirring up the people.

I notice that there are many pillars missing in the marketplace. I assume, that over time, that these were carried off for other building projects. Regardless of how they disappeared, it's interesting that the temple was left virtually intact.

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Jesus is the only Way
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟721,545.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I notice that there are many pillars missing in the marketplace. I assume, that over time, that these were carried off for other building projects. Regardless of how they disappeared, it's interesting that the temple was left virtually intact.

I was told that the pillars were taken down during WW2 because the center of them was pure lead and they used the lead for munitions.

I blew up one of the photos. You can’t see a round indentation where the lead center rested.
B59B600E-EF32-4411-AA41-963AE4147234.jpeg

• Informative
Reactions: HARK!
Upvote 0

hislegacy

Jesus is the only Way
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟721,545.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
F931BF17-0BCE-45F0-9242-72A870811FB8.jpeg

My last full day here. It has been a really good trip. A pastors and leadership conference, ten one hour classes at the Bible School and this morning I am ministering at a local church.

i find myself thankful to God for what He is doing in this nation, what an amazing group of people. It isn’t surprising why the church is growing so well.

Every time I am allowed to come to a nation, I am humbled by the Presence of God and His compassion.

at the same time I am ready to go home. I miss my family and only have about ten days before I am again in Athens by Zoom for another teaching series. Then in August/September I am leading a group to Egypt and in October I will be in Germany, Poland and Latvia.

It is an amazing time of life and I am so very grateful.

Reactions: HARK!
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,116,471.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
i find myself thankful to God for what He is doing in this nation, what an amazing group of people. It isn’t surprising why the church is growing so well.

Every time I am allowed to come to a nation, I am humbled by the Presence of God and His compassion.

at the same time I am ready to go home. I miss my family and only have about ten days before I am again in Athens by Zoom for another teaching series. Then in August/September I am leading a group to Egypt and in October I will be in Germany, Poland and Latvia.

It is an amazing time of life and I am so very grateful.

Esteem to YHWH!

Reactions: hislegacy
Upvote 0

hislegacy

Jesus is the only Way
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟721,545.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Sitting in Athens waiting for the long flight home. A completely unexpected blessing at the airport.

I fly Typically economy or economy comfort for long haul flights. Economy Comfort is easier on me physically and is usually only a couple hundred dollars over economy.

I personally pay the difference. It does not come out of missions funds. I’m scheduled Economy on a very full flight and I ask, just by chance, if there is an upgrade available.

The lady behind the counter asks if I would like to upgrade for 350.00. I say yes! More than worth it.

She prints out the boarding passes and I am waiting for the first flight so I look at the passes and she did not upgrade me to Economy Comfort, but to Business Class (an average 4,000.00 upgrade). Which is why I don’t fly Business Class.

God is soooo amazing! I get to lay flat and sleep! I’ll take some pictures of it. What a hoot!

Upvote 0