Good news and MORE good news :)

M

MissWendyWings

First off I am SO SORRY to those of you who were waiting for me to get home from my scan today.
We had a day and half lol.
First off the GOOD news Little Tigger has a skinny neck in other words a nice normal nuchal fold.
For those of you going huh I had a nuchal fold scan today which is a measurement of skinfold at the back of neck which is a marker for possible chromosome or heart problems.
My "risk " of Downs or other trisomys is now at a rate of 1 in 1127 rather then 1 in 137 based on my (OLD LOL ) age alone.

The baby was VERY active in fact Mark even said is that normal for it to be moving that much lol.
Everything else as far as they can see at 12 weeks is looking fine.
We saw TWO little lips which was a huge relief to me as there appears to be no cleft ( Jake had a severe bilateral cleft and lip)

We then raced to our car ready to come home and start emailing and posting the good news guess what the car was DEAD as a post lol.
Apparently my "solanoid" is stuffed what ever that means. So we had to call the Automobile association and JOIN before they would come and see us.
$120 NZ dollars later we finally left the hospital at 3 o'clock !!! It is a good thing my appt was at 11 or we would still be there now.

We are also the proud owners of a newborn evenflo carseat which I managed to buy at the hospital for $50 less then at the baby store I had just seen them in.

The children arrived home from school at the exact same time as we arrived.
Sarah demanded to know where we had been as Dad had good clothes on lol.
So we took out the car seat and said here take this inside and we will tell you.
She took one look at me and went "AGAIN?????"
I said yes her only comment was is it a girl lol.
The boys both said oh cool and kept watching TV :)
Well sorry this was so longwinded but I am sooooooooooo relieved you would not believe it.

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D