Giving Out Sex Drives

Moral to give it one.

• Yes, it is moral.

• No, it is immoral.

• No opinion/I don't want to even think about that.

• Creating AIs is immoral.

Results are only viewable after voting.

lawtonfogle

My solace my terror, my terror my solace.
Apr 20, 2005
✟13,892.00
Faith
Christian
So, I hope to one day build an AI which is on an equivalent level as a human (notice I didn't say equal). Anyways, I was wonder if it would be moral for me to give said AI a sex drive, assuming I gave it a possibility of fulling it (so not torture here). Vote on poll.

A little clarity. We will assume that the AI represents one gender, and has their sex drive fulfilled by a human or other AI of the other gender (so lets leave the homosexuality debating at the door).

EDIT:
I has come to my attention I need to make a point clear. These AIs are not going to be some kind of sex slave, but an intelligent being which has, as close as possible, free will.

Last edited:

stan1980

Veteran
Jan 7, 2008
✟12,040.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
So, I hope to one day build an AI which is on an equivalent level as a human (notice I didn't say equal). Anyways, I was wonder if it would be moral for me to give said AI a sex drive, assuming I gave it a possibility of fulling it (so not torture here). Vote on poll.

A little clarity. We will assume that the AI represents one gender, and has their sex drive fulfilled by a human or other AI of the other gender (so lets leave the homosexuality debating at the door).

Is there going to be any chance of being raped, if they're not getting any, or malfunction? I really don't really fancy being anally probed by a robot.

I think one day though (not in my lifetime) we will have intelligent AI 'companions' that we will be able to have sex with, so I guess you would have to build in an artificial sex drive to make them realistic.

Upvote 0

Exhausted

Oct 16, 2005
Earth
✟3,462.00
Faith
Christian

Well, I voted moral, but I kinda consider it "morally irrelevant."

It strikes me as an interesting experiment but hardly anything worth caring about for the common man.

Upvote 0

lawtonfogle

My solace my terror, my terror my solace.
Apr 20, 2005
✟13,892.00
Faith
Christian
Nothing immoral about it in my book, obviously. The real question, which should spark controversy, is should we make AI children to give paedophiles something to do?

Well, it could depend. What if you made them like a child as much as possible but gave them enough maturity to consent to sex (lets just say that could be measured right now)?

But a larger question, is it moral to create intelligent beings to be sex slaves, which I wasn't talking about.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

stan1980

Veteran
Jan 7, 2008
✟12,040.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
But a larger question, is it moral to create intelligent beings to be sex slaves, which I wasn't talking about.

It's a tricky one, in the philosophy section I asked a broader question a while back; "should we treat lifelike AI robots as normal human beings?". The response was mixed. In response to your question, I don't see why not.

Upvote 0

cantata

Queer non-theist, with added jam.
Feb 20, 2007
Oxford, UK
✟24,693.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
and here are some lines of code.....
not tonight dear ....
I have a head ache
I'm dirty down there
I'm constipated
I'm pushing poo
I have a yeast infection
It's that time of month
We just did it last month
.....ya da ya da ya da...

Nothing like a healthy dose of misogyny on a Tuesday night.

Upvote 0

stan1980

Veteran
Jan 7, 2008
✟12,040.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
and here are some lines of code.....
not tonight dear ....
I have a head ache
I'm dirty down there
I'm constipated
I'm pushing poo
I have a yeast infection
It's that time of month
We just did it last month
.....ya da ya da ya da...

Don't pester your partner for sex, and you'll probably find that they will want it more as a result, plus you'll never get a knockback again. That's what I've found anyway.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums