cloverdale surrey BC
✟15,367.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I was born a Christian and ive always believed in God, I pray everyday and go to church on sundays,I try my best to read the bible( Dont do it as much a I want to) but I feel this is not enough.Recently ive started to actually want to really know him. I pray to God, but ive never realy had a conversation with him, and Iv never heard him, and I feel like im missing out on so much.

How can I get more active with him, how can I get to know God better?

Aino

God's own
May 16, 2009
Finland
✟44,632.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well, you've got the basic things pretty well there. Most of us don't hear his voice physically, so don't worry about your prayers. You'll see the answers in your life later on. You should definately read your Bible regularly as well. Doing it every day were optimal, but obviously not all the time possible. The more you read the better you'll get to know God. Often some kind of commentary is useful to improve your understanding though. Perhaps you'll want to join some youth group in your chrhc as well, where you could find some more support for your faith and other christians to grow with.

Upvote 0

Mela Monkey

Kevin Kevin Kevin
Dec 14, 2009
Washington
✟20,970.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I'd pray and tell him that you want to know him more and that you want to have a personal relationship with him.
it's just that simple, but thats just the start of it. keeping a strong relationship with God takes work
think of a relationship with him as one with a best friend. You wouldnt expect to be best friends with someone if you never talk to them, listen or do stuff for them, and it's basically the same way with God

Upvote 0
S

solarwave

When you pray try to talk like you would normally talk and talk/ think through any thoughts that come into your head. I don't know how true this is, but I seem to find if I think through something and am open to God then wisdom beyond me comes into my head. Express how you really feel.

When you read the bible really try to see how you can apply it to your life.

Also try having more love, hope and faith in you life.

Upvote 0