German 'hypervaccinator' gets 217 coronavirus shots; researchers find no ill effects, good immune response

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,281,061.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
I get hit pretty hard by the vaccine. Usually I have to take it easy for a day or two, and the last time I the COVID vaccine back in the autumn, I got the flu vaccine, plus a few others, and I was in bed for a day and a half. But it's nothing like what I get with actual Coronavirus. I got it a little over three weeks ago and the fever lasted for days and I was almost completely bedridden for two days, I'm only now starting to recover my exercise capacity. I've lost alot of the vigor I had before getting COVID. So maybe this German guy isn't so crazy after all.

Last edited:
  • Prayers
Reactions: bèlla
Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,281,061.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
In reality, acquiring 'natural immunity' got over a million Americans killed. The idea that it would somehow have been better if we hadn't had covid vaccines is simply insane -- it has no connection to reality. Yes, the mRNA vaccines do cause pericarditis, something that was quickly detected and quantified by the monitoring systems put in place for precisely that reason -- to identify rare problems like this. (And I don't recall anyone mocking the idea that the vaccines might be causing pericarditis -- who was doing this mocking?) Guess what? Getting covid also causes pericarditis, and more frequently than the vaccines. And unlike the vaccines, covid also causes substantial increases in the risk of stroke, heart attack, diabetes (Type I and Type II), and dementia, as well as a broader reduction in IQ.

It doesn't just cause pericarditis, it can attack your entire cardiovascular system in general. For a certain percentage of people, it causes "long Covid", which can include things like post-exertional malaise and chronic fatigue.

• Winner
Reactions: Laodicean60
Upvote 0

sfs

Jun 30, 2003
Massachusetts
✟346,760.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
  • Optimistic
Reactions: Elliewaves
Upvote 0

RileyG

Veteran
Angels Team
Feb 10, 2013
Nebraska
✟258,683.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
That's of course your choice.

Sorry, but I don't understand this as a reason. The virus doesn't care what society feels.
Do you want us to live in fear forever? I still see people wearing masks 4+ years later. Will it go on forever or will they move on?

Upvote 0

7thKeeper

Scion of the Devonian Sea
Jul 8, 2006
Finland
✟122,199.00
Country
Finland
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Do you want us to live in fear forever? I still see people wearing masks 4+ years later. Will it go on forever or will they move on?
Why not wear them? The masks help, with other things besides COVID as well. If you don't want to, that's up to you, there isn't a mandate anymore since the vaccination is up and running. Odd of you to describe reasonable choices as "fear".

• Optimistic
Upvote 0

RileyG

Veteran
Angels Team
Feb 10, 2013
Nebraska
✟258,683.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
Why not wear them? The masks help, with other things besides COVID as well. If you don't want to, that's up to you, there isn't a mandate anymore since the vaccination is up and running. Odd of you to describe reasonable choices as "fear".
It’s just time to move on from the pandemic mentality. I have no problems with masks I just think people still wearing them after all these years is still….odd.

Upvote 0

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟499,631.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
People in asian countries wear face masks when they feel sick or there is something going around.

Upvote 0

sfs

Jun 30, 2003
Massachusetts
✟346,760.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Do you want us to live in fear forever?
I wear a seatbelt when I'm in a moving car. I always will. Does that mean I live in fear forever? I avoid drinking water that I know has a good chance of being contaminated. Does that mean I live in fear?

There are real risks in the world, and taking basic precautions to minimize them is just part of dealing with reality. Covid is one of the many real risks that's out there. Refusing to take precautions because I don't feel like it would be to live in a fantasy world.

How big the risk is depends on who you are. If I were 25 and healthy, I might not bother with covid boosters. Then again, I might, because even young people can have very unpleasant consequences from covid and vaccination reduces the risk. But I'm 64 and there's no way I'm not keeping my covid vaccination up to date.
It’s just time to move on from the pandemic mentality.
What does that have to do with whether one gets vaccinated or not? I keep my tetanus vaccination up to date even though we've never had a pandemic of tetanus.
I have no problems with masks
Great.
I just think people still wearing them after all these years is still….odd.
You should chat with that other guy who just posted, the one who had no problems with masks.

Upvote 0

7thKeeper

Scion of the Devonian Sea
Jul 8, 2006
Finland
✟122,199.00
Country
Finland
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
In Relationship
It’s just time to move on from the pandemic mentality. I have no problems with masks I just think people still wearing them after all these years is still….odd.
The first sentence and the start of the second seem to battle against each other a little. Mask wearing, especially in the flu season isn't anything new, at least depending on what part of the world you're from.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

RestoreTheJoy

Site Supporter
Jul 13, 2018
Passing Through
✟464,895.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
In reality, acquiring 'natural immunity' got over a million Americans killed. The idea that it would somehow have been better if we hadn't had covid vaccines is simply insane -- it has no connection to reality. Yes, the mRNA vaccines do cause pericarditis, something that was quickly detected and quantified by the monitoring systems put in place for precisely that reason -- to identify rare problems like this. (And I don't recall anyone mocking the idea that the vaccines might be causing pericarditis -- who was doing this mocking?) Guess what? Getting covid also causes pericarditis, and more frequently than the vaccines. And unlike the vaccines, covid also causes substantial increases in the risk of stroke, heart attack, diabetes (Type I and Type II), and dementia, as well as a broader reduction in IQ.
And again, I direct you to the Lancet Journal. Obviously, the first victims of the virus loosed in China did not yet possess natural immunity. And some of those figures were later revised, and "cases" and "severe illness/hospitalization" were casually mixed to amp up the fear and push the agenda. And the elderly were the most at risk, which is why it is criminal that Cuomo and other governors got away with shoving sick elderly in with well patients, increasing the victim count.

But reality is as follows:

"Immunity acquired from a Covid infection provides strong, lasting protection against the most severe outcomes of the illness, according to research published Thursday in The Lancet — protection, experts say, that’s on par with what’s provided through two doses of an mRNA vaccine."

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,281,061.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
And again, I direct you to the Lancet Journal. Obviously, the first victims of the virus loosed in China did not yet possess natural immunity. And some of those figures were later revised, and "cases" and "severe illness/hospitalization" were casually mixed to amp up the fear and push the agenda. And the elderly were the most at risk, which is why it is criminal that Cuomo and other governors got away with shoving sick elderly in with well patients, increasing the victim count.

But reality is as follows:

"Immunity acquired from a Covid infection provides strong, lasting protection against the most severe outcomes of the illness, according to research published Thursday in The Lancet — protection, experts say, that’s on par with what’s provided through two doses of an mRNA vaccine."

This isn't reality-based thinking. This is political propaganda. COVID is a potentially serious viral illness that impacts more than just the elderly.

Upvote 0

RileyG

Veteran
Angels Team
Feb 10, 2013
Nebraska
✟258,683.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
I wear a seatbelt when I'm in a moving car. I always will. Does that mean I live in fear forever? I avoid drinking water that I know has a good chance of being contaminated. Does that mean I live in fear?

There are real risks in the world, and taking basic precautions to minimize them is just part of dealing with reality. Covid is one of the many real risks that's out there. Refusing to take precautions because I don't feel like it would be to live in a fantasy world.

How big the risk is depends on who you are. If I were 25 and healthy, I might not bother with covid boosters. Then again, I might, because even young people can have very unpleasant consequences from covid and vaccination reduces the risk. But I'm 64 and there's no way I'm not keeping my covid vaccination up to date.

What does that have to do with whether one gets vaccinated or not? I keep my tetanus vaccination up to date even though we've never had a pandemic of tetanus.

Great.

You should chat with that other guy who just posted, the one who had no problems with masks.
I am fully vaccinated plus got the update. I have no fear of covid. I am not talking about living forever, rather, we shouldn't live in fear over some things we cannot (completely) control. Wearing a mask forever is not very realistic, eventually we, as a society, will need to move on.

Upvote 0

RileyG

Veteran
Angels Team
Feb 10, 2013
Nebraska
✟258,683.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
People in asian countries wear face masks when they feel sick or there is something going around.
I'm aware. I was getting back from Europe around six years ago and saw many people from Asia wearing masks. In hindsight, many of us made fun of them (not me) because we thought they looked ridiculous. We had no clue what would happen to the world a short time later.

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,281,061.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
I am fully vaccinated plus got the update. I have no fear of covid. I am not talking about living forever, rather, we shouldn't live in fear over some things we cannot (completely) control. Wearing a mask forever is not very realistic, eventually we, as a society, will need to move on.

In certain situations and circumstances, wearing a mask is still a good idea.

Getting Covid last month on my birthday was a wake-up call. I invested in a cheap CO2 meter just because it's a good way to check out public places and see which ones have good indoor air ventilation (the local gym is good, at less than 800 ppm, alot of other places I have been to, not so much- most restaurants or shops are as bad as our home, at over 1200 ppm CO2). I also started checking the CDC's wastewater monitoring just to realize I got infected during a surge in my region. In the future I plan to cut back on going to public places during a surge, and to wear an N95 mask when I am out. I don't see any of that as living in fear, but just not courting unnecessary grief.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

RileyG

Veteran
Angels Team
Feb 10, 2013
Nebraska
✟258,683.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
In certain situations and circumstances, wearing a mask is still a good idea.

Getting Covid last month on my birthday was a wake-up call. I invested in a cheap CO2 meter just because it's a good way to check out public places and see which ones have good indoor air ventilation (the local gym is good, at less than 800 ppm, alot of other places I have been to, not so much- most restaurants or shops are as bad as our home, at over 1200 ppm CO2). I also started checking the CDC's wastewater monitoring just to realize I got infected during a surge in my region. In the future I plan to cut back on going to public places during a surge, and to wear an N95 mask when I am out. I don't see any of that as living in fear, but just not courting unnecessary grief.
I am sorry to hear you got covid, I hope you are feeling better. I agree, it can be a good idea, I have no issues with those who still wear a mask. I choose not to, however, despite my current health issues. I trust my own immune system.

• Friendly
Reactions: FireDragon76
Upvote 0

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟499,631.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
I'm aware. I was getting back from Europe around six years ago and saw many people from Asia wearing masks. In hindsight, many of us made fun of them (not me) because we thought they looked ridiculous. We had no clue what would happen to the world a short time later.
People in asia had to adjust to a higher number of infectious disease outbreaks in the past few decades, mostly because of questionable hygene standards in some areas. Also, in many asian cultures, it's a matter of course to suffer a minor personal inconvenience for the good of society as a whole.

Reactions: RileyG
Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,281,061.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
People in asia had to adjust to a higher number of infectious disease outbreaks in the past few decades, mostly because of questionable hygene standards in some areas. Also, in many asian cultures, it's a matter of course to suffer a minor personal inconvenience for the good of society as a whole.

Japan had a tuberculosis epidemic in the early 20th century (as did many countries) and wearing masks became part of the culture. In Japan, people actually wear masks during cold or flu season if they suspect they have a cold or flu because there is a stronger sense of social responsibility and less individualism.

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,281,061.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
I am sorry to hear you got covid, I hope you are feeling better. I agree, it can be a good idea, I have no issues with those who still wear a mask. I choose not to, however, despite my current health issues. I trust my own immune system.

I'm not worried about dying from COVID - that's extremely unlikely, but the reduction in exercise capacity following infection doesn't seem to be insignificant. And it's just a hassle to deal with. General guidelines for exercise and physical activity following COVID infection are to wait two weeks after fever or chest symptoms disappear before resume any kind of exercise or strenuous activity, to avoid the risks of myocarditis, rebound COVID, and long COVID. And then to resume only low intensity exercises, like walking. Weight lifting or high intensity exercise should wait another week. That's quite a bit of time lost (and I'd imagine many employers aren't giving adequate time off for illness).

And if you are trying to stay in shape, that can have long term consequences. Judging by my heart rate and general subjective experience, my anaerobic threshold has been significantly reduced, meaning exercises that used to be fine for me, now tend to wipe me out. I also notice it takes longer to recover and I have to pace myself alot more. Dealing with illness has also resulted in loss of some lean muscle mass.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

sfs

Jun 30, 2003
Massachusetts
✟346,760.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I am fully vaccinated plus got the update. I have no fear of covid. I am not talking about living forever, rather, we shouldn't live in fear over some things we cannot (completely) control.
Great, we're in agreement. Remember, you started by saying that you were done with vaccines and that as a society we should move on. Have you withdrawn that statement, or do you still think getting additional covid boosters is a sign that something is wrong with society?
Wearing a mask forever is not very realistic, eventually we, as a society, will need to move on.
Wearing a mask under certain circumstances is trivially easy. Why isn't it realistic? I mask on the subway and in crowded indoor places. It costs me about a dollar a month and about as much extra work as wearing a seatbelt. I mask more when covid or flu transmission is high and much less when they're low. Likewise, I masked more when I had a big trip planned and when my wife had surgery scheduled because I didn't want to wreck important events. What's wrong with that?

• Optimistic
Upvote 0