Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
A whistleblower from the Washington University Transgender Center at St. Louis Children’s Hospital has claimed children “begging to have body parts put back on within months of having surgeries.”

Jamie Reed, who recently published an exposé that blew the lid off of the scandal last February, spoke with Dr. Phil McGraw Thursday on his “Dr. Phil Primetime” program, revealing her experience in the “morally and medically appalling” industry.

Far from being “right Wing,” Reed is married to a transgender individual and identifies as “queer,” and is not shy about exposing the “number of things” that compelled her to speak out.

“We started to see patients who were experiencing very significant medical harms being rushed to the emergency room with lacerations requiring stitches,” Reed recalled.

“We had patients contact us who were begging to have body parts put back on within months of having surgeries.”

She also said that most of the young patients who sought treatment were given cross-sex hormones, which carry permanent risks, sometimes including sterility.

“The thing that kept happening is every time I would raise concerns and ask about the protocols and ask about the guidelines — this is just how the industry works, if a child says they’re trans there’s no questioning it. We just say, ‘Yep, you’re trans, what would you like?'” Reed said.

(The Washington University Transgender Center website touts the ease at which children can receive care, noting that “therapy” is “provided with an ‘informed consent’ model that does not require support letters from therapists.”)

Reed added that the girls, in particular, had the “exact same storyline” about struggling with gender confusion, noting that “a lot of their parents couldn’t remember anything like that.”

Continued below.

Cosmic Charlie

The reports of my death are greatly exaggerated
Oct 14, 2003
✟69,927.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Well....
....Mmm..... I Say.........

Whistleblower, maybe has an ax to grind. I don't know.

Anyway......

One of the things that Biden (who is evidentially simultaneously a dottering idiot and the most devious and danger man to exist) has done during his time is office is to make all Federally funded research FREE to anyone who is willing to look it up.

I, as is well knonw, am a trained and experienced researcher.

So......

I present to you:
From the
American Journal of Surgery:

A systematic review of patient regret after surgery- A common phenomenon in many specialties but rare within gender-affirmation surgery​

Abstract​

Regret after gender-affirming surgery (GAS) is a complex issue. Comparing regret after GAS to regret after plastic surgery operations and other major life decisions is a novel approach that can provide insight into the magnitude of this issue.

A systematic review of three databases was conducted to investigate regret after common plastic surgery operations. Three separate literature reviews on regret after GAS,regret after elective operations, and regret after major life decisions were performed.

A total of 55 articles examining regret after plastic surgery were included. The percentage of patients reporting regret ranged from 0 to 47.1 % in breast reconstruction, 5.1–9.1 % in breast augmentation, and 10.82–33.3 % in body contouring. In other surgical subspecialties, 30 % of paients experience regret following prostatectomy and up to 19.5 % following bariatric surgery. Rate of regret after GAS is approximately 1 %. Other life decisions, such as having children and getting a tattoo have regret rates of 7 % and 16.2 %, respectively.

When comparing regret after GAS to regret after other surgeries and major life decisions, the percentage of patients experiencing regret is extremely low.

According to this peer reviewed research covering over 50 studies on the subject more people regret having knee replacement surgery then regret GAS.

Upvote 0