Gays and Lesbians (GLBT) versus Christians

lawtonfogle

My solace my terror, my terror my solace.
Apr 20, 2005
✟13,892.00
Faith
Christian
I'm in the gun-loving, gay-hating Bible belt, so why is it we're in a drought for a second year running? You woulda thought that after "defending marriage" from teh gay back in 2004 Georgia would be doing better...

Hey, weird peoples right south of me, what problems are you having?

Upvote 0

TheManeki

Christian Humanist
Jun 5, 2007
Visit site
✟21,334.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well, I haven't heard of SC having a single one of those problems and with the new Exodus thing and SC's general reputation... maybe he is on to something here...

After seeing Lake Hartwell recently, it seems that having the Exodus International folks nearby in Anderson hasn't exactly helped with the drought in South Carolina either...

Upvote 0

allhart

Messianic believer
Feb 24, 2007
Turlock, CA
✟23,877.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Ummm.. what are you babbling about and what post are you responding to?
My post is towards the one's using words to rob the debate of truth. Deflecting the topics by robbing the voice of truth by statements of discrimination or racial and by making claims that Christians are bigots. Its like when a couple is fighting and one of them no matter what wants to keep the upper hand ,so they throw out a threat. Like, You keep talking to me that way and will get a divorce. Robbing the other of the argument. So does the gay movement. Rob us of the truth of this debate.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

TheManeki

Christian Humanist
Jun 5, 2007
Visit site
✟21,334.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hey, weird peoples right south of me, what problems are you having?

As a South Carolina expatriate, does that make me more weird or less weird? :p

We're suffering from year two of a drought and fighting with Florida, Alabama, and Tennessee over water rights. Last year, the Republican governor prayed for rain in a big press conference. No word if we'll get a repeat this year.

Oh, and there were those tornadoes that ran through downtown Atlanta and north Georgia. Can't forget about those.

Last year there were big fires down in south Georgia, too.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LittleNipper

Contributor
Mar 9, 2005
MOUNT HOLLY, NEW JERSEY
✟10,349.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Since NY has so few of those problems does that make us the epitome of virtuous living? Obviously we are blessed by God (and snowblowers)

Perhaps there a special blessing for humility --- what Californians generally seem to lack.

Upvote 0

LittleNipper

Contributor
Mar 9, 2005
MOUNT HOLLY, NEW JERSEY
✟10,349.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I'm in the gun-loving, gay-hating Bible belt, so why is it we're in a drought for a second year running? You woulda thought that after "defending marriage" from teh gay back in 2004 Georgia would be doing better...

Not suppose to hate. It rains on the just and the unjust.

Upvote 0

lawtonfogle

My solace my terror, my terror my solace.
Apr 20, 2005
✟13,892.00
Faith
Christian
South Carolina doesn't have any droughts. They used to have extra water that used to flow into Georgia, but God wanted to punish Georgia, so... ;)

Well recently it has been raining here, and the garden has been looking good, so have the fields, so I didn't give much thought to the drought.

Anyways, not everyone in Georgia is perfect, why you think you had those few mishaps.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

allhart

Messianic believer
Feb 24, 2007
Turlock, CA
✟23,877.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Perhaps there a special blessing for humility --- what Californians generally seem to lack.
Come on now not all of us out here are out to get ya. In the last year on my job I have found more Christians in one place in a long time. It makes me feel great. God is working still on his chosen and I grant ya some of the places the wicked are in charge. Like the San Francisco Bay, but most cities have the sickness.Christians and our children need to take righteousness to the top! As the bible stated Blessed are the people ruled by the righteous or Suppressed and suffer by the rule of the wicked.Signs of the times.

Upvote 0

allhart

Messianic believer
Feb 24, 2007
Turlock, CA
✟23,877.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
My post is towards the one's using words to rob the debate of truth. Deflecting the topics by robbing the voice of truth by statements of discrimination or racial and by making claims that Christians are bigots. Its like when a couple is fighting and one of them no matter what wants to keep the upper hand ,so they throw out a threat. Like, You keep talking to me that way and will get a divorce. Robbing the other of the argument. So does the gay movement. Rob us of the truth of this debate.
No commitment for the Californian.

Upvote 0

TheManeki

Christian Humanist
Jun 5, 2007
Visit site
✟21,334.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Not suppose to hate. It rains on the just and the unjust.

Well, here it's more of a not raining on the just and unjust. Of course, if that old adage is true, then it kinda negates singling out California as some kind of example of punishment for perceived wrongdoing.

Besides, why should such an omnipotent, omniscient deity have such tragically terrible aim?

Upvote 0

wanderingone

I'm not lost I'm just wandering
Jul 6, 2005
New York
✟30,779.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Oh blah.. the gay movement robs you of nothing.. you are free to be a bigot, free to "hate the sinner not the sin" or whatever.. you just shouldn't be free to refuse to sell a gay person a house, a movie ticket or a marriage license. (and for lawton you should have to sell pedophiles those things too.. as long as they don't seek to marry a 5 year old-- because a 5 year old can not consent no matter how many times they say yes)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

LittleNipper

Contributor
Mar 9, 2005
MOUNT HOLLY, NEW JERSEY
✟10,349.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Oh blah.. the gay movement robs you of nothing.. you are free to be a bigot, free to "hate the sinner not the sin" or whatever.. you just shouldn't be free to refuse to sell a gay person a house, a movie ticket or a marriage license. (and for lawton you should have to sell pedophiles those things too.. as long as they don't seek to marry a 5 year old-- because a 5 year old can not consent no matter how many times they say yes)

Why should a person not be free NOT to sell a gay couple his house? Is anything less, real freedom? Another may choose to sell his house only to "homosexual couples." A person cannot really tell if a person is a practicing homosexual unless that person or persons make it an issue. A marriage is the union establishing a husband and wife as a single unit. Two husbands nor two wives cannot form such a unit. But I cannot prevent two people from pretending.

Upvote 0

allhart

Messianic believer
Feb 24, 2007
Turlock, CA
✟23,877.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Well, here it's more of a not raining on the just and unjust. Of course, if that old adage is true, then it kinda negates singling out California as some kind of example of punishment for perceived wrongdoing.

Besides, why should such an omnipotent, omniscient deity have such tragically terrible aim?
I was listen to a pastor telling of himself. Trying to get know a neighbor that had a nice size garden. Making a conversation piece he started a garden of his own. Having planted rows of tomatoes. One row came up while the other had not. Asking the neighbor why that was. He said their could be three explanations. 1. You could have planted the seed to shallow and the sun scorched it. 2. You could have planted the seed to deep and it died before it came up. 3. You just planted it deeper and its taking it a little longer to show itself. The pastor being curious put the shovel into the dirt to see if it was growing and cut the head of the plant coming up off. The point is no one knows if the seed is growing in another or if or when it shall pop up.Only God can! That why his justice is and will be perfect; however we can see the life of a Christian growing. Another point to be made. No one see's themselves as evil.

Upvote 0

Eve_Sundancer

Now what should I put here?
Dec 7, 2004
Iowa
✟8,428.00
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
LittleNipper said:
California is a hardheaded state. Droughts, fires, floods, among the highest energy costs, earthquakes ----- they simply don't seem to hear the warnings...

Nevermind the fact that their ecosystem is such that their forests deal naturally with underbrush and all that by fire periodically, there's also a lot of desert areas there, it's by the ocean and therefore sees quite a bit of storms, tons of people live there driving up the need for energy, and the state is along a fault line.

This isn't evidence of God's wrath. It's just a state with some inhospitable places to live, that lots of people want to live in anyway. Kinda like Phoenix, actually. :p

Upvote 0

wanderingone

I'm not lost I'm just wandering
Jul 6, 2005
New York
✟30,779.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
No one see's themselves as evil.

There are people who see themselves as evil, there are far more who are willing to toss the label about a little too willingly -- seems to make them feel better about their own indiscretions

Upvote 0