Mid-Atlantic
✟1,008.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Ok, so the title is slightly misleading.

In my specific case, I was falsely accused of being homosexual. After several attempts to correct this, I've realized that I should have given up on this long ago.

So I'm thinking that maybe my best option is to move to a church somewhere on the east coast that has an LGBT recovery ministry, just like there are similar programs for believers suffering from substance abuse, etc.

Any suggestions?

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟732,285.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Ok, so the title is slightly misleading.

In my specific case, I was falsely accused of being homosexual. After several attempts to correct this, I've realized that I should have given up on this long ago.

So I'm thinking that maybe my best option is to move to a church somewhere on the east coast that has an LGBT recovery ministry, just like there are similar programs for believers suffering from substance abuse, etc.

Any suggestions?
If you feel like it's your calling ... go for it.

Upvote 0
May 2, 2024
Mid-Atlantic
✟1,008.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
If you feel like it's your calling ... go for it.
Was looking for suggestions- i.e., specific fundamental, Bible-preaching churches that don't condone what God calls sin, but also realize that the LGBT lifestyle can be repented from.

The latter certainly didn't happen with me. When the (otherwise good) church I used to be an active part of was lied to about my sexual orientation, they didn't give me a chance to defend my testimony.

But they went behind my back, ruined numerous career opportunities, repeated the same lie to other churches of like faith that I tried to move to, etc.

Needless to say, I'm looking forward to seeing how this plays out at the judgment seat of Christ. But until then, I have a life to get back on track.

• Friendly
Reactions: DragonFox91
Upvote 0
May 2, 2024
Mid-Atlantic
✟1,008.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

DragonFox91

Dec 20, 2020
Michigan
✟219,835.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I think you’re best finding a national ministry does that does that thru the work of many churches, & go from there to finding a specific church that’s involved in it. I don’t know specific national ministries that do that but there are.

Upvote 0
May 2, 2024
Mid-Atlantic
✟1,008.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I think you’re best finding a national ministry does that does that thru the work of many churches, & go from there to finding a specific church that’s involved in it. I don’t know specific national ministries that do that but there are.
I fear that you are prob dead-on.

Most Fundy churches cant comprehend that someone could either be falsely accused of being LGBT or repent of it.

Sort of like in Mark 1:40-44, w the temple priest that the man cleansed by Christ from leprosy probably would have reacted.

• Friendly
Upvote 0
May 2, 2024
Mid-Atlantic
✟1,008.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
For the sake of posterity, here are some great resources for LGBT people who want Biblical help:

1) IdentifyMinistries.org

2) ChangedMovement.com

3) dbarrMinistries.org

4) WaltHeyer.com

5) LiveHope.org

6) hgNyc.org

7) Desert Stream

There are others, but I suppose that's enough for now.

Upvote 0

DragonFox91

Dec 20, 2020
Michigan
✟219,835.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I fear that you are prob dead-on.

Most Fundy churches cant comprehend that someone could either be falsely accused of being LGBT or repent of it.

Sort of like in Mark 1:40-44, w the temple priest that the man cleansed by Christ from leprosy probably would have reacted.
Why are you fearful there's national ministries that help this community?

I thought fundamental churches DO BELIEVE that it can be repented from & that’s what makes many upset: ‘they were born that way, Jesus can’t change them’.

Jesus: “you must be born again. Repent!”

Upvote 0
May 2, 2024
Mid-Atlantic
✟1,008.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I thought fundamental churches DO BELIEVE that it can be repented from & that’s what makes many upset: ‘they were born that way, Jesus can’t change them’.

Jesus: “you must be born again. Repent!”
Agreed. But the Fundy church I used to attend sure didnt see it that way.

They treated me w as much compassion as an apartment dweller treats a cockroach- and I'm not even "legitimately" homo, so...

Upvote 0

DragonFox91

Dec 20, 2020
Michigan
✟219,835.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Agreed. But the Fundy church I used to attend sure didnt see it that way.

They treated me w as much compassion as an apartment dweller treats a cockroach- and I'm not even "legitimately" homo, so...
I’m sorry. This is some of the problem. There’s two extremes: one where Christians pretend it’s not a sin, the other where they obsess over it & think it’s the only sin. Neither are helpful or Biblical. This is not right.

I clicked the first link to Identify Ministries. That one looks good. I read their Values & Beliefs. It looks like they correctly know how to help lost & broken people, including to those in situations like your’s who came from bad churches. You may want to reach out to them & see if they have a church they can connect you with. Not saying they'll be good, but there are good ones out there.

I’m glad the Spirit leading you to find a church!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

DragonFox91

Dec 20, 2020
Michigan
✟219,835.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Just another quick thought: sometimes these ministries don’t work b/c they think it’s only about homosexuality & it’s not: the bedrock has to be the Gospel thru Jesus Christ. They may have the correct view of sexuality but a ministry that emphasizes that & pushes the Gospel to the side will fall w/ a crash. Look for one where there's as much (if not more) on the Gospel.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
May 2, 2024
Mid-Atlantic
✟1,008.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Just another quick thought: sometimes these ministries don’t work b/c they think it’s only about homosexuality & it’s not: the bedrock has to be the Gospel thru Jesus Christ. They may have the correct view of sexuality but a ministry that emphasizes that & pushes the Gospel to the side will fall w/ a crash. Look for one where there's as much (if not more) on the Gospel.
On that thought- I would add to this the fact that w some churches today, the service is geared towards an "experience", and not teaching God's Word past the Gospel.

That is what I miss about not being in a fundamental church- very few other churches have in-depth sermons that really help one grow.

Anyway, thanks for the replies.

• Winner
Upvote 0