Forgetting what to do during Mass, this is unlike me.

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟112,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Bring a gun and ... oh I can't advocate that.
Bring pepper spray. The article below describes a priest who was pepper sprayed, but that was because the man in confession had mental health issues, and the priest there is not a creep.

As a guy, I do not use pepper spray cos I feel safe (well I hope so), but if you feel safer, you can get some or make your own.

Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,249,192.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Bring pepper spray. The article below describes a priest who was pepper sprayed, but that was because the man in confession had mental health issues, and the priest there is not a creep.

As a guy, I do not use pepper spray cos I feel safe (well I hope so), but if you feel safer, you can get some or make your own.

I have a pepper spray story. Years back I was a letter carrier for USPS. And there was this dog. And it came at me. And I grabbed my pepper spray. And shot. And low and behold the wind took this orange cloud of pepper spray right back at me. I jumped out of the way. And the dog was scared off by me jumping wildly. I guess you could say the pepper spray scared off the dog. Moral of the story is to practice, just like with guns, before you actually have to use the spray.

Reactions: AlexB23
Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟112,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I have a pepper spray story. Years back I was a letter carrier for USPS. And there was this dog. And it came at me. And I grabbed my pepper spray. And shot. And low and behold the wind took this orange cloud of pepper spray right back at me. I jumped out of the way. And the dog was scared off by me jumping wildly. I guess you could say the pepper spray scared off the dog. Moral of the story is to practice, just like with guns, before you actually have to use the spray.
That is funny. Yeah, the wind can impact the trajectory of the pepper spray. By the way, it is "lo and behold", not "low and behold", but hey, we all make little mistakes. :)

Upvote 0

Lady Bug

Thankful For My Confirmation
Site Supporter
Aug 23, 2007
✟792,039.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Well, you can ask to take confession in a non-soundproofed confessional.

Hopefully your priest is not this guy (I haven't seen this Naruto anime, and don't intend to, cos the guy is creepy and the show is also very superficial)
When I say non-soundproofed, I don't mean that outsiders can hear my precise words (however, the last confessional I was in, was certainly like this if you stood close enough to the door, and that sucked), but that outsiders can hear muffled voices somewhat.

• Informative
Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟112,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
When I say non-soundproofed, I don't mean that outsiders can hear my precise words (however, the last confessional I was in, was certainly like this if you stood close enough to the door, and that sucked), but that outsiders can hear muffled voices somewhat.
Well, maybe a confessional with thin wooden walls, but not too thin. Most priests are not perverts.

Reactions: Lady Bug
Upvote 0

Lady Bug

Site Supporter
Aug 23, 2007
✟792,039.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Well, maybe a confessional with thin wooden walls, but not too thin. Most priests are not perverts.
They're not but I was pretty weirded out by my last priest, lol.

• Informative
Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟112,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It didn't happen during confession. There were simply a couple of weird incidents IMHO.
What is the priest's name? I could look him up, assuming that is okay with you, and see what others online think about him, or if any articles have been written about him (you don't have to say, if the priest's name reveals your area you reside in). Privacy comes first.

Upvote 0

Lady Bug

Site Supporter
Aug 23, 2007
✟792,039.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
What is the priest's name? I could look him up, assuming that is okay with you, and see what others online think about him, or if any articles have been written about him (you don't have to say, if the priest's name reveals your area you reside in). Privacy comes first.
The thing is, he is loved by practically all and no one would think he's like that. Sigh.

• Informative
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,249,192.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
In the parish I grew up in, they had the risen Christ on the cross and not a crucifix.
Mine did that before I arrived, but they fixed that and it was apparently a very positive step for them.

Upvote 0

Lady Bug

Site Supporter
Aug 23, 2007
✟792,039.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Shady? How?
I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to possibly offend.

There was an instance when he told me in front of the congregation (before I was confirmed) that in apostolic times, new believers would have to take off all their clothes.

Another instance was during a healing service when he stood in front of the pew I was sitting in and leaned close to me and talked to me kind of affectionately in front of the congregation, but I sensed somehow that the way he was leaning over me was a different kind of leaning. It made me feel awkward.

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,738,008.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to possibly offend.

There was an instance when he told me in front of the congregation (before I was confirmed) that in apostolic times, new believers would have to take off all their clothes.

Another instance was during a healing service when he stood in front of the pew I was sitting in and leaned close to me and talked to me kind of affectionately in front of the congregation, but I sensed somehow that the way he was leaning over me was a different kind of leaning. It made me feel awkward.
Lady Bug… you did not offend me but you have discussed this priest with me before. I saw the video when he spoke to you and others in the congregation…Remember? I was just wondering what you meant or if it was a different priest.

Last edited:
Upvote 0