For Europes fight against Islam

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

aChildOfMary

This prayer thread is for the future of Europe as we now face a scaring and very real threat of Islam.
soon Europe may become muslim if God let us fall into their hands.

So let us pray and pray for Europe.

Hill deg Maria, full av nåde,
Herren er med deg,
velsignet er du iblant kvinner og
velsignet er ditt livs frukt, Jesus.

Hellige Maria Guds mor,
be for oss syndere nå,
og i vår dødstime.
Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace,
The Lord is with thee,
Blessed art thou amongst women and
Blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.

Holy Mary, mother of God,
Pray for us sinners now and
at the hour of our death.
Amen.

Ave Maria, Gratia Plena,
dominus tecum,
Benedicta tu in mulieribus,
et Benedictus fructus ventris tui, Jesus.

Sancta Maria, mater Dei,
Ora pro nobis peccatoribus, nunc
Et in hora mortis nostra.
Amen.

Ave Maria, Piena di Grazia,
il signore é con te,
Tu sei Benedetta fra le donne,
e benedetto é il frutto del tuo seno, Gesú.

Santa Maria, madre di Dio,
prega per noi peccatori,
adesso e nell'ora della nostra morte.
Amen

Pink Spider

EUROPEAN ANGLICAN
Site Supporter
May 26, 2013
Sweden
✟38,072.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
44b59ffa-fbfc-4291-baf8-e0da73c2e73d_zps973ab4ea.jpg

PRAYING for Europe!

Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,345,013.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
This prayer thread is for the future of Europe as we now face a scaring and very real threat of Islam.
soon Europe may become muslim if God let us fall into their hands.

So let us pray and pray for Europe.

Hill deg Maria, full av nåde,
Herren er med deg,
velsignet er du iblant kvinner og
velsignet er ditt livs frukt, Jesus.

Hellige Maria Guds mor,
be for oss syndere nå,
og i vår dødstime.
Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace,
The Lord is with thee,
Blessed art thou amongst women and
Blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.

Holy Mary, mother of God,
Pray for us sinners now and
at the hour of our death.
Amen.

Ave Maria, Gratia Plena,
dominus tecum,
Benedicta tu in mulieribus,
et Benedictus fructus ventris tui, Jesus.

Sancta Maria, mater Dei,
Ora pro nobis peccatoribus, nunc
Et in hora mortis nostra.
Amen.

Ave Maria, Piena di Grazia,
il signore é con te,
Tu sei Benedetta fra le donne,
e benedetto é il frutto del tuo seno, Gesú.

Santa Maria, madre di Dio,
prega per noi peccatori,
adesso e nell'ora della nostra morte.
Amen

Praying, precious (((hug)))

Upvote 0

LoricaLady

YHWH's
Site Supporter
Jul 27, 2009
Ohio
✟1,102,677.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
I personally do not feel I am "flaming" anyone if I explain why I cannot pray as requested, but will pray as I think is Scriptural.

I cannot pray to Mary as nothing in Scriptures tell us to do that and as she is not Deity, only was a mere mortal like you and me, who called our Savior, her Savior. (She needed a Savior as we all do.) However I will pray to the Heavenly Father for mercy for those people.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
A

aChildOfMary

I personally do not feel I am "flaming" anyone if I explain why I cannot pray as requested, but will pray as I think is Scriptural.

I cannot pray to Mary as nothing in Scriptures tell us to do that and as she is not Deity, only was a mere mortal like you and me, who called our Savior, her Savior. (She needed a Savior as we all do.) However I will pray to the Heavenly Father for mercy for those people.

The scripture your so fan of has it's outspring in the Sacred Tradition as it got canonized at the Holy Synod of Hippo in 393.

What makes the Bible Holy is the fact that the church herself including her concils and Synods are being led by and protected by The Holy Spirit.

The intention of the church behind the canonisation of the Bible was to get ONE valid canon that all Christians (it was One Church at the time) Should read and to have 1 collection of books that where a guidance to faith for Christians.
At the time leading up to the Synod of Hippo there where multiple different books Christians read and believed in and some of those books where false and even worse, they where outright heretical.

Because of this it was very important to decide which books we should read and give authority and whom we shouldn't.
This is the reason as for why the church started the canonisation work.

As the church herself always have believed the Holy Spirit was present at the canonisation prosses as well as he is present in the church everyday.
It's because of this that we refer to Scripture as Holy.
Due to the will of the Holy Spirit who where and is present in Christ's church.

You have to remember that the early Christians (until Hippo 393) hadn't any Scripture to read and refer to, but even so they believed and did fine because they had the Sacred Tradition.

The Sacred Tradition is the customs and spiritual life inherited from the Apostles that is not written in the Bible.
The reason as for why it's not written is many, one of them is that they didn't see the need for it as they saw it as so natural that they couldn't imagine that later generations could question it.

And as I said in many ways the Holy Bible is just a part of the larger Tradition and to use it as the only truth and only tool for faith is unfair to Scripture itself aswell as it doesn't hold ground very long.
What about the contradictions in Scripture if you cannot listen to the authority of the church who canonized the Bible?

The Tradition is the key to understand Scripture and without it as a tool Scripture seems ful of contradictions and errors.

There ARE contradictions I'm Scripture just face it, the 73 books in the Canon where written individually and by different authors with centuries apart.
Of course one book may contradict another as the writers didn't even know that their book would later be placed as a part of an book.

Again without The Church it is a mess and I'm sorry for you guys, you have to face a lot of hard challenges for both your intellectuals as well as your faith when everything you do and don't must be defined in Scripture.

As for prayers to Mama Mary and the Saints this isn't written in the bible because the early Christians saw this as a natural custom as they always have done so.

The Tradition is rich on Mariology and veneration of Mother Mary and the Saints.

So praying to the saints or any other tradition shouldn't ever be judged based on the Scripture as it is two part of one truth.

Also it's worth mentioning that until Gutenberg it wasn't common to own a bible.
Most families couldn't afford buying one because handwritten bibles where so expensive.

Without access to scripture don't you consider them to be good faithful Christians?
Without The Bible what preserved them in the faith if it wasn't Tradition?

Furthermore, Mary was a creation made by the Father, but two of us are nothing like her.
Her place is unique, Before God created the world he chose Mary to be a central part of our redemption.

She where sinless, because God had freed her from her sinfulness and disobedience before she got borned.
Her place in the salvation plane is/ was vital so no, She is supreme in comparison with you and me.

But with her guidance, presence and mercy we may grow in sainthood and maybe one day through her intercession and Christ's power we will become as humble and pure as she is.
While she was/ is just a human, but without sin she is the most perfect human ever created.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LoricaLady

YHWH's
Site Supporter
Jul 27, 2009
Ohio
✟1,102,677.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
You are free to put "the Church herself" above the very word of YHWH, aka, God if you choose. Why, though, would you assume that I am going to feel the same way?

The first law of logic is that two contradictory statements cannot both be true. The Bible says, YHWH says, that He "will not alter" what goes out of His mouth and that "YHWH never changes." It also warns us, very sternly, not to add or subtract from it.

So, if that's not true, why should I believe it, or for that matter, the RCC which has a sorta connection to the Bible but also has changed much that is in it for its followers?

I used to be RC. Then I read Conversations With Catholics, a little book one can buy cheap at places like Amazon. I saw I had to make a choice between the Bible and the Vatican. I chose, and will always choose, the Bible. As they said in the Protestant Reformation "Solar Scriptura!"

Nevertheless, I have prayed for those you reauested. Nevertheless, having been RCC myself, and having known so many personally, I am certainly not trying to make a judgment about your salvation or anything, just pointing out why I don't buy it for a minute that "the Church" can change the Bible in any way or that Mary is the one I, personally, should pray to.

You know, we are being warned not to get into arguments on this string, to not push any religious ideas. We all can fall in that area sometime. But I do see your first post, like the one above, as being a big plug for the RCC. I try not to push my Messianic beliefs here, but just pray as requested.

Blessings to you and yours in Messiah, the One Mary called her Savior. :)

Upvote 0
A

aChildOfMary

We could most likely argue this back and forth, but I guess you have a good point that this thread aren't the right place to do so.
I'm a convert to Catholicism and you are a convert away from Catholicism so I guess we both know each others viewpoints pretty good and that we know pretty good why we changed faith.

I too won't get into whom are justified in Christ and whos not and I wish you likewise the best of luck in the mercy of Christ.
May he bless you and yours richly.

In his mercy
aChildOfMary

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
K

kellhus

Immaculate Heart of Mary,
help us to conquer the menace of evil,
which so easily takes root
in the hearts of the people of today,
and whose immeasurable effects already
weigh down upon our modern world
and seem to block the paths toward the future.
From famine and war, deliver us.
From nuclear war, from incalculable self destruction,
from every kind of war, deliver us.
From sins against human life from its very beginning,
deliver us.
From hatred and from the demeaning of the dignity
of the children of God, deliver us.
From readiness to trample on the commandments
of God, deliver us.
From the loss of awareness of good and evil,
deliver us.
From sins against the Holy Spirit,
deliver us.
Accept, O Mother of Christ,
this cry laden with the sufferings of all individual
human beings, laden with the sufferings
of whole societies.
Help us with the power of the Holy Spirit conquer all
sin:
individual sin and the "sin of the world,"
sin in all its manifestations.
Let there be revealed once more in the history of the
world the infinite saving power of the redemption:
the power of the merciful love.
May it put a stop to evil.
May it transform consciences.
May your Immaculate Heart
reveal for all the light of hope.
Amen.

Upvote 0

LoricaLady

YHWH's
Site Supporter
Jul 27, 2009
Ohio
✟1,102,677.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
kellhus

This is the third post on this string promoting the RCC and Mary prayers. Did you see the post above? This is a place for simply showing prayer support to others, not a podium for promoting our particular religions. When I get on here to read others prayers, personally, I really don't expect to read about Mary's "immaculate heart "with a capital H. Mary was not immaculate. She needed a Savior just like you and me. Would you please be so kind and considerate as to just post prayers here, and not push your Catholicism on everyone else? As I said before, I was RCC. I don't appreciate someone getting on a forum meant simply for prayer and trying to convert me back to it - which will certainly never happen.

Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
K

kellhus

This is the third post on this string promoting the RCC and Mary prayers. Did you see the post above? This is a place for simply showing prayer support to others, not a podium for promoting our particular religions.

Which is why I'm praying. The only one promoting a particular religion here would seem to be you, in demanding we all pray the way you want.

When I get on here to read others prayers, personally, I really don't expect to read about Mary's "immaculate heart "with a capital H. Mary was not immaculate. She needed a Savior just like you and me. She called her Son her Savior.

Ok.

Would you please be so kind and considerate as to just post prayers here, and not push your Catholicism on everyone else?

No, I don't think so.

As I said before, I was RCC. I don't appreciate someone getting on a forum meant simply for prayer and trying to convert me back to it - which will certainly never happen.

Thank you.

Then don't patronize an ecumenical prayer forum. Catholic and Orthodox Christians compromise the majority of Christians worldwide, so it is inevitable that you are going to see these kind of prayers.

Upvote 0
A

aChildOfMary

kellhus

This is the third post on this string promoting the RCC and Mary prayers. Did you see the post above? This is a place for simply showing prayer support to others, not a podium for promoting our particular religions. When I get on here to read others prayers, personally, I really don't expect to read about Mary's "immaculate heart "with a capital H. Mary was not immaculate. She needed a Savior just like you and me. She called her Son her Savior.

Would you please be so kind and considerate as to just post prayers here, and not push your Catholicism on everyone else? As I said before, I was RCC. I don't appreciate someone getting on a forum meant simply for prayer and trying to convert me back to it - which will certainly never happen.

Thank you.

Believe it or not this Thread wasn't made to convert you back to Catholicism, LOL.

Please stop commenting on other peoples prayers.
who elected you headchief of Prayers?

If you hate our Mariology that much you're free to stay of the thread or simply join in in the prayers the way you like,But please stop harassing others will you?

Holy Mary please intercede for your daughter LoricaLady and the rest of your children worldwide.
Amen.

Upvote 0
A

aChildOfMary

Immaculate Heart of Mary,
help us to conquer the menace of evil,
which so easily takes root
in the hearts of the people of today,
and whose immeasurable effects already
weigh down upon our modern world
and seem to block the paths toward the future.
From famine and war, deliver us.
From nuclear war, from incalculable self destruction,
from every kind of war, deliver us.
From sins against human life from its very beginning,
deliver us.
From hatred and from the demeaning of the dignity
of the children of God, deliver us.
From readiness to trample on the commandments
of God, deliver us.
From the loss of awareness of good and evil,
deliver us.
From sins against the Holy Spirit,