Jul 9, 2008
✟15,241.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
These are all issues that can be dealt with using a little forethought, so nobody's rights are being violated. Everyone is being treated equally

I've rarely talked to my father, and yet if I end up in a hospital and or die my parents are the ones who get to make decisions about my life, despite the fact we're massively estranged.

I filled out paperwork making my boyfriend and his family responsible, but would that hold up in a legal challenge? Not until after I turn 18 since they never signed off on it.

Upvote 0

David Brider

Aug 18, 2004
With the Lord
✟81,010.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Greens
Good for you, Captain Yesterday :clap: ( I genuinely mean that, I'm not being sarcastic).

**Minty sits back and prepares for the fight to ensue from some of CF's less tolerant members ^_^**

Bit late joining the thread, but I just wanted to say - I absolutely adore the "God loves everybody" pic in your signature. D'y'mind if I take it?

Upvote 0

wanderingone

I'm not lost I'm just wandering
Jul 6, 2005
New York
✟30,779.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Seems like you're [wash my mouth][wash my mouth][wash my mouth][wash my mouth][wash my mouth]ing about nothing, I've had friends in the hospital and was given NO trouble seeing them. Car accidents, or even just seeing them after an operation that wasn't life threatening.

It's not about seeing them... of course many people HAVE had trouble seeing loved ones who were in life threatening situations because they weren't immediate family. It's about making decisions. My children know I would defer to their wishes regardless of who had to make the decisions legally, but it makes no sense that if my oldest daughter was married her husband would be assumed to be the person to make decisions if she was not able to do so, however my youngest daughter, being a lesbian would not be able to have her partner do so without making careful legal arrangements before hand. If she was not legally married decisions would be left to her father and I. Now if my "straight" children choose not to be legally married they would have to make legal arrangements for their partners to have the say they want them to have, but they have the legal option to get married. My youngest at this time will not have that option.

Upvote 0

wanderingone

Jul 6, 2005
New York
✟30,779.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I'm saying that I'm not aware of any law that prevents such visitation and I'm saying that my experience suggests you are mistaken

In my experience there are times when only immediate family are allowed to be with a patient. When my father was dying his girlfriend was not allowed to visit him. When my stepdaughter was in intensive care I was not allowed to visit her until she was in stepdown. It's not uncommon for patients in critical care situations to have visitors limited. While many hospitals will choose to allow the unmarried partner of a patient to visit they often have to defer to the wishes of "legal" family members (such as the parents) and if those family members aren't inclined to recognize the validity of their relatives relationship then visits are unlikely, as is the partners ability to make decisions on the care their loved one is provided with.

Upvote 0

wanderingone

Jul 6, 2005
New York
✟30,779.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
My father, a pastor, kicked me out of the house about a month after my 16th birthday when I told him I was gay. Well, after sending me to an "Intensive Christian Reparative Retreat," that lasted three months I was kicked out. Two years ago he performed my older sister's second marriage in five years. I was kicked out of the wedding when I mentioned Matthew 5:32.

People don't like talking about their own sin, they'd rather talk about someone else's. As evidenced by the amount of posts in this thread.

To be fair there are some who are opposed to people living as they were made (gay) who are also opposed to remarriage and belong to churches that will not perform weddings for couples who have been married before nor allow them to be members of the church. Personally it's okay with me if a church wants to have such doctrine, as long as they don't try to force their doctrine on the public.

This kicking kids out of the house thing so many religious people have done is beyond my comprehension. There have been several kids in my daughters youth group who got kicked out when they revealed to their parents they were gay. (Christians and Muslims) I don't understand how kicking their minor children out of the home is supported by their faith and I don't know how they live with themselves after tossing kids onto the street.

Upvote 0

wanderingone

Jul 6, 2005
New York
✟30,779.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
We don't vote on the color of the sky. Marriage is a legal matter, and on those we do vote

Well no... who voted for your right to marry? Who voted for the rights of the Lovings? It certainly wasn't put out there for a public vote. Miscegenation laws never would have been overturned if the public had a vote... too many bigots out there.

Upvote 0

wanderingone

Jul 6, 2005
New York
✟30,779.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Soon all the baby boomers who're afraid of homosexuality will be gone and the votes for homosexual marriage will be higher.

Enjoy it while it lasts Mach. =)

Umm... while I think I might be a year or 2 late by date of birth to be included in the baby boomer count most of my family and friends are not... and they're not the ones opposed to marriage equality. As you can see on these boards quite a few younger folks are anti equality.

Upvote 0

wanderingone

Jul 6, 2005
New York
✟30,779.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
People which are celibate, don't have sex. If they don't have sex, they cannot be homoSEXual. They can be only good friends.

You are straight if you have sex or don't have sex aren't you? Or .. are you only straight at the moment you have sex and the rest of them time your orientation is up for grabs?

Your sexual orientation reflects the gender you are ATTRACTED to. If my daughter and her girlfriend are not having sex does that mean they aren't lesbians?

Upvote 0

wanderingone

Jul 6, 2005
New York
✟30,779.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
They already have the same rights, so that's a non-issue

No they don't. That notion didn't fly for the Loving case (or for "interracial" adoption etc...) and it doesn't fly for marriage equality.

Upvote 0

wanderingone

Jul 6, 2005
New York
✟30,779.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You know it is funny, but if you ask most women what is the ugliest part of a man's body, it isn't the butt (I can assure you). Such emotions don't make them all lesbians. It makes them very normal. It is rather ugly. And people who would put such things in their mouths are no more adult than a baby eating a handful of dirt. Sorry, I do not fall for all the homosexual hype. If one wants a baby then one must make a determination that that baby needs both a mother and a daddy. The family comes first, and the "normal" family is made up of a husband and wife (not boy friend, boy friend nor girl friend, girl friend).

Being with a person doesn't mean sex needs to follow.

Oral sex makes people less than adult? Huh?

So you don't indulge in oral sex? Personally I don't think the ugliest thing on my husbands body is his penis. I think it's his feet.. and in my experience feet tend to be the body part with the ugliest problems. In his case he broke a toe when he was about 10... living in poverty and with a mother who wasn't well the toe had kind of ... healed itself before he got to the doctor.. the doc announced he'd have to break it to reset it, hubby said no way.. mom said she couldn't afford it anyway.. and to this day that toe is kind pretty much bent in half and rather gross.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

LittleNipper

Contributor
Mar 9, 2005
MOUNT HOLLY, NEW JERSEY
✟10,349.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Oral sex makes people less than adult? Huh?

So you don't indulge in oral sex? Personally I don't think the ugliest thing on my husbands body is his penis. I think it's his feet.. and in my experience feet tend to be the body part with the ugliest problems. In his case he broke a toe when he was about 10... living in poverty and with a mother who wasn't well the toe had kind of ... healed itself before he got to the doctor.. the doc announced he'd have to break it to reset it, hubby said no way.. mom said she couldn't afford it anyway.. and to this day that toe is kind pretty much bent in half and rather gross.

Oral sex certainly does NOT make anyone mature. It does sound as though your husband at age ten was at least not conceited; however, I'm sorry he wasn't able to have his toe set when the accident occurred.

Upvote 0

LittleNipper

Contributor
Mar 9, 2005
MOUNT HOLLY, NEW JERSEY
✟10,349.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
You are straight if you have sex or don't have sex aren't you? Or .. are you only straight at the moment you have sex and the rest of them time your orientation is up for grabs?

Your sexual orientation reflects the gender you are ATTRACTED to. If my daughter and her girlfriend are not having sex does that mean they aren't lesbians?

Let me simply say that a guy who has sex with a different woman every night, or every week, or every month, or every year is a pervert. I see no difference. If you daughter is celebate, she is not a lesbian. Girls that dance together are not lesbians either. She may still find Mister Right, but not if she plays sex games. She needs to look for good husband/father material, and it ain't the sex, but the commitment that counts.

Upvote 0

HaloHope

May 25, 2007
✟9,938.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
Let me simply say that a guy who has sex with a different woman every night, or every week, or every month, or every year is a pervert. I see no difference. If you daughter is celebate, she is not a lesbian. Girls that dance together are not lesbians either. She may still find Mister Right, but not if she plays sex games. She needs to look for good husband/father material, and it ain't the sex, but the commitment that counts.

Erm is someone has a homosexual orientation they are homosexual regardless of sexual activity, no amount of making up a new defenition of reality is going to change that. Period.

A lifelong commitment between two people of the same gender is not "sex-games" its a loving commited relationship EXACTLY comporable to a hetrosexual one. Why on EARTH would I look for a good husband/father material when Im likely to vomit over a guy even if he hits on me (I hate to say it guys, but it HAS actually happened, heh) and am physically and most of the time emotionally repulsed by men I meet?

The sex dosent count? I agree with it to some degree, but the LOVE counts and I am unable to share the wonderful love and emotional bond I can with a woman, with a man. Its just impossible and posts like the above only reinforce that fact for me. I could not commit to a man as a relationship no matter what you think is about more than pumping out babies.

Upvote 0

wanderingone

Jul 6, 2005
New York
✟30,779.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Oral sex certainly does NOT make anyone mature. It does sound as though your husband at age ten was at least not conceited; however, I'm sorry he wasn't able to have his toe set when the accident occurred.

It doesn't make you immature either does it? Your post indicated that putting certain body parts in the mouth makes you like a baby eating dirt. As for hubby, I don't know if he was conceited or not (he's always been kind of arrogant since I've known him) but he didn't care for pain.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

wanderingone

Jul 6, 2005
New York
✟30,779.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

But he's still straight isn't he? (your pervert) You are straight even at those moments when you are not having sex. I was straight during the period of time I was split from my husband, but I was celibate. Being celibate didn't make me asexual.

My daughter is a lesbian, she's not sexually active- although she certainly has a girlfriend and is not attracted to men. She cannot find "Mr. Right" because she is not attracted to men.. there is no "Mr. Right" Girls that dance together may not always be lesbians, but girls who are not attracted to men and are attracted to women are. The commitment certainly is what makes the marriage if one happens, and since it ain't the sex it shouldn't matter what gender those who opt for commitment ( :p ) are.

Upvote 0

mpok1519

Veteran
Jul 8, 2007
✟28,850.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Umm... while I think I might be a year or 2 late by date of birth to be included in the baby boomer count most of my family and friends are not... and they're not the ones opposed to marriage equality. As you can see on these boards quite a few younger folks are anti equality.

I know its weird huh? Its like after every major war theres a new generation of intolerance that gets born; I think its the war to blame. =P

And I didn't mean anything by it; I blame everything on gen x and baby boomers. =P

I always thought generations of youth were supposed to be tolerating, loving, and forgiving.

Where is life going dude? Wheres all this madness taking our future?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.