Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Last night I was having difficulty trying to sleep. I had been awake the whole night before and hadn't slept in quite a while.

Then, while I was laying there, I started to feel something soothing and warm around my hip area. It was very comforting. I wanted the feeling to travel up to my back and it did. At the same time, I was suspicious of what was happening to me. I have a severe and fairly rare mental illness called Schizoaffective Disorder. So I thought it could have been someone playing a trick on me, but it wasn't. So I started trying to turn around to see if anything was there and there wasn't. I didn't want to disturb the feeling by moving too much because it was very comforting - like a powerful lightbulb warming my body on a cold day. It probably lasted for about 10 minutes and then it went away.

DirectionSeeker

Jun 12, 2020
Stockholm
✟59,316.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I know exactly what you describe, I even made a thread about it here: Does anyone also feel God's warm presence?

I've come to the conclusion that it can't be anything other than God providing comfort and peace. For long have I pondered whether those experiences were the manifestation of something purely psychological such as a tactile hallucination, or something somatic like a temporary hyperthermia episode due to whatever reason, but it just doesn't make any sense other than it being God, especially considering the other things I've experienced from Him.

It's one of the subtle reminders to me at least that God is real and present in my life. It's also one of the reasons I can never say "God doesn't exist" whenever I'm in unthinkable trouble (like I'm currently, please pray for me if you're able to!).

God bless and preserve you brother, may He always comfort you in your days of trouble and keep you from falling into any despair.

Upvote 0