WannaWitness

Shining God's Light for a Lost World.
Aug 31, 2004
✟149,993.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Others
I hate to do this but.... is an animated short subject really a movie? It's a cartoon like so many Mickey Mouse and Bugs Bunny cartoons. If you watch "Father Noah's Ark" and "Raiders of The Lost Ark" back-to-back, would you say you just watched two movies?

Sorry. I didn't want to argue, all I really wanted to say was......

Thank you so much for mentioning this!

I LOVE cartoons from the 30's and 40's, I could watch Looney Tunes & Merrie Melodies all day long (Bugs, Daffy, Elmer, Porky, etc.) But Disney I don't watch. Not that I'm against Disney, just that there are enough LT & MM shorts to keep me happy for life. They're so good!

Fortunately "Father Noah's Ark" is on Youtube and I liked it! Cheesy? Not at all, not to me. They added in some good laughs.

Whoever's reading this -- Definitely check it out!

Glad you were able to see "Father Noah". Most of the time, you can't go wrong with classics. Looney Tunes are great, too. :)

In my opinion (sorry I didn't see this sooner), I would think that "short subjects" (animated or live-action) should count as a "movie", in a historical (as in the history of cinema) context, seeing that they were originally shown at the theaters to accompany the main features. However, I can understand how a short may not seem like a "real movie" to some people. I guess we all are going to have different ideas on this.... but of course, that's an idea for another time.

In fact, you may have given me an idea for a thread. I could entitle it "Do Short Subjects Count as Movies". ;)

Anyway, I don't want to drift too far off topic, so....

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ShakenForwardShakenFree

Running Wild With The Hope
Nov 20, 2011
In the shadow of His wings...
✟8,910.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Jungle Book was my favorite for a long time. Recently I picked up Oliver & Company for my 4-YO nephew. He loves it, and I have rediscovered my affinity for it. Love the Twist (pun intended :) ) on Dickens' classic!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.