USA
✟13,306.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Finally committed to getting rid of wine in my diet for the next few weeks.

20g of carbs, or less, each day. One meal a day. Alternate lifting and running back on the menu.

The vacation was nice but only during the time of the vacation. Play time isn't over - it's just moved to a different playground!

It's time to go back to the lifestyle I love which is health! If anyone wants to share their workouts with me, feel free! I can do the same!

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟313,210.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Congratulations about the wine! I still drink red wine but very little. I have a bottle laying around for couple of months now and there's still 1/4 left!

One meal a day or 'OMAD' plus exercise will force your body into ketosis most of the time no matter what you eat, even if the food is high carb. Assuming you don't snack in between meals unless it's a zero calorie snack or drink (not just zero carb , it should be zero calories).

Lifting I do are "compound exercises" like deadlift, one-legged deadlift, squats, and lunges with dumbbells - works out the biggest muscles in the body in one go, the core and leg muscles. Great for burning calories and for overall fitness and for hugely improving quality of sleep.

My diet is two meals a day but I eat more in the first meal, less food in the 2nd meal so I guess it's almost similar to OMAD or a variation of OMAD. And also no snacking in between meals. I'm a little underweight doing these things, yet maintaining my current weight for couple of months now. Maybe I'm still not eating enough, yet no issues so far.

Reactions: YorkieGal
Upvote 0

YorkieGal

Glory to God
Sep 6, 2023
USA
✟13,306.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Congratulations about the wine! I still drink red wine but very little. I have a bottle laying around for couple of months now and there's still 1/4 left!

One meal a day or 'OMAD' plus exercise will force your body into ketosis most of the time no matter what you eat, even if the food is high carb. Assuming you don't snack in between meals unless it's a zero calorie snack or drink (not just zero carb , it should be zero calories).

Lifting I do are "compound exercises" like deadlift, one-legged deadlift, squats, and lunges with dumbbells - works out the biggest muscles in the body in one go, the core and leg muscles. Great for burning calories and for overall fitness and for hugely improving quality of sleep.

My diet is two meals a day but I eat more in the first meal, less food in the 2nd meal so I guess it's almost similar to OMAD or a variation of OMAD. And also no snacking in between meals. I'm a little underweight doing these things, yet maintaining my current weight for couple of months now. Maybe I'm still not eating enough, yet no issues so far.
Your plan sounds pretty good! Not sure what your goal is but great if it's working for you!

I'm doing complex/clusters/finishers focusing on strength when lifting and 30 min/run every other day.

I've been on a hiatus for about 6 weeks, for various reasons, so my first day back in the gym (yesterday) was hard. I kept hearing a little voice begging me to go back to being lazy but it was ignored!

I did great on carbs, yesterday, 17.7g total carbs. My protein was low at 55g and will be lower today but I'm sure it will work itself out over time.

Reactions: timewerx
Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟313,210.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Your plan sounds pretty good! Not sure what your goal is but great if it's working for you!

I'm doing complex/clusters/finishers focusing on strength when lifting and 30 min/run every other day.

I've been on a hiatus for about 6 weeks, for various reasons, so my first day back in the gym (yesterday) was hard. I kept hearing a little voice begging me to go back to being lazy but it was ignored!

I did great on carbs, yesterday, 17.7g total carbs. My protein was low at 55g and will be lower today but I'm sure it will work itself out over time.

It's good you didn't listen to that little voice! But don't ignore it just yet! Being tempted to be lazy or skip training can also be a sign you might be working yourself too hard or needing some improvements somewhere according to you unique physiology.

My goals are managing hypertension without meds, ensuring I'll have good mobility as I get older with strong bones and strong core and leg muscles through strength training and running, and getting faster at cycling. I thought I'm going to have bigger muscles but I didn't and I still look exactly the same! But I did get stronger and the maximum weight I can lift off the ground have doubled.

Being underweight is NOT one of those goals! Although I have gained 2 lbs recently and I'm now just 1 lb underweight. 1 lb more and I'll be inside the "normal" weight BMI but still borderline underweight.

I have a high carb diet and getting protein from meat and milk. I think carbs won't become a problem if doing strict OMAD or IF (no eating nor drinking beverages with calories in between meals).

Upvote 0

CoreyD

Jul 11, 2023
Detroit
✟28,850.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

20g of carbs, or less, each day. One meal a day. Alternate lifting and running back on the menu.

The vacation was nice but only during the time of the vacation. Play time isn't over - it's just moved to a different playground!

It's time to go back to the lifestyle I love which is health! If anyone wants to share their workouts with me, feel free! I can do the same!
Wine is actually a good health product, provided you choose the right kind, and use in moderation.
Wine that is naturally fermented, will have an alcohol level in range of 15-25%, but red wine is what you want.
If you use a red wine that is naturally fermented, with an alcohol level of 15% or less, there are health benefits.
Disclaimer:
If you are an alcoholic, or unable to control the amount of wine you use, please ignore this information.

Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟313,210.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Wine is actually a good health product, provided you choose the right kind, and use in moderation.
Wine that is naturally fermented, will have an alcohol level in range of 15-25%, but red wine is what you want.
If you use a red wine that is naturally fermented, with an alcohol level of 15% or less, there are health benefits.
Disclaimer:
If you are an alcoholic, or unable to control the amount of wine you use, please ignore this information.

Good disclaimer. If finances were not tight, I might have consumed more red wine a day!

Love red wine, same as beer. I don't just drink it, I also mix it in other beverages and homemade snacks. The only drink I don't mix it with is coffee and any tea drinks served without dairy.

Upvote 0

CoreyD

Jul 11, 2023
Detroit
✟28,850.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Good disclaimer. If finances were not tight, I might have consumed more red wine a day!

Love red wine, same as beer. I don't just drink it, I also mix it in other beverages and homemade snacks. The only drink I don't mix it with is coffee and any tea drinks served without dairy.
It sounds like you love alcohol. ;) That's where the danger to our health lies. Proverbs 23:29-35

Moderation in all things that aren't wrong, is always necessary to consider. 1 Timothy 5:23

I love mango, but I won't sit and eat a bag of 10 or more.
Last person did that, had hyperglycaemia - too much sugar in the blood.

So, while, the fruit is healthy. Too much, is unhealthy. It's a good principle to keep in mind. :)

Reactions: timewerx
Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟313,210.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
It sounds like you love alcohol. ;) That's where the danger to our health lies. Proverbs 23:29-35

Moderation in all things that aren't wrong, is always necessary to consider. 1 Timothy 5:23

I love mango, but I won't sit and eat a bag of 10 or more.
Last person did that, had hyperglycaemia - too much sugar in the blood.

So, while, the fruit is healthy. Too much, is unhealthy. It's a good principle to keep in mind. :)

Only love red wine and beer, but hate all other alcoholic drinks!

I exercise a lot though. So much that I seem to metabolize red wine and beer so well, I don't get hangovers in the morning!

But you're right, everything in moderation! Yet I can't indulge in red wine and beer anyway due to tight finances. Problem is when I get invited to parties and they have virtually unlimited supply of beer and coca cola coke!^_^

Upvote 0

CoreyD

Jul 11, 2023
Detroit
✟28,850.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Only love red wine and beer, but hate all other alcoholic drinks!
If you love beer, you might as well love all the rest. Yuk. :grimacing:

I exercise a lot though. So much that I seem to metabolize red wine and beer so well, I don't get hangovers in the morning!
Exercise does a body good, and you can look in the mirror, and see some benefits. I wonder what your liver is saying. If only you could see it :frowning:, before you have to go to the doctor, for him to tell you.

But you're right, everything in moderation! Yet I can't indulge in red wine and beer anyway due to tight finances. Problem is when I get invited to parties and they have virtually unlimited supply of beer and coca cola coke!^_^
:worried:

Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟313,210.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Exercise does a body good, and you can look in the mirror, and see some benefits. I wonder what your liver is saying.

I think I sometimes hear it say, 'don't worry, we got you!' Just kidding!

The Bible says, be sober and I haven't strayed from it for almost 10 years now!:oldthumbsup:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,278,631.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Alcohol really isn't compatible with weight loss or health in my experience. At best, it is tolerable if you are otherwise young and healthy, but if you have any kind of health problem, you're better off not drinking.

I don't even keep wine around the house anymore, I just use balsamic vinegar.

Upvote 0

Larniavc

Leading a blameless life
Jul 14, 2015
✟318,416.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats

Good on you! Today I have gone a full month without any booze (a peppery Shiraz is my tipple of choice).

Well done :)

Upvote 0