✟40,793.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Hey all, and good morning..:)
Well, I am deeply troubled and came looking for something that may help and found this thread.
Guys, this IS happening in our churches, and it's happening NOW and TODAY. All around ..here in this little place I live in, it's happening. I am soo upset because of it.
big and little churches alike have this kundalini spirit in them and it's heartbreaking..
My own family has gotten involved in it..
In one of the churches, there's close ties with some of the churches in Ireland and England..So far, no dog barking going on, but my goodness,..drunken talk is abounding.
"so sloshed, so drunk in the spirit"..this is just heart breaking..
I'm AOG and believe fully in the gifts of the Spirit of God, but this is not of God.

Upvote 0

Faulty

bind on pick up
Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2005
✟64,989.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hey all, and good morning..:)
Well, I am deeply troubled and came looking for something that may help and found this thread.
Guys, this IS happening in our churches, and it's happening NOW and TODAY. All around ..here in this little place I live in, it's happening. I am soo upset because of it.
big and little churches alike have this kundalini spirit in them and it's heartbreaking..
My own family has gotten involved in it..
In one of the churches, there's close ties with some of the churches in Ireland and England..So far, no dog barking going on, but my goodness,..drunken talk is abounding.
"so sloshed, so drunk in the spirit"..this is just heart breaking..
I'm AOG and believe fully in the gifts of the Spirit of God, but this is not of God.

I feel your pain. I was browsing around the web about three nights ago and I ended up watching some footage of the "laughing revival". (It's not anywhere near what I was looking at when I started, but somehow it's where I ended up.)

And I'm sitting there watching it and I found myself sobbing over it. I haven't cried since my mother died, and I have no idea when before that. I felt like such a wuss, but I just couldn't help it. I was glad my family was already in bed for the night. It just hurt so much on the inside watching these people laugh themselves into hell.

Upvote 0

Jere209

Legend
Jul 24, 2007
Being propped up by His hands
✟40,793.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I know, Faulty ..
My heart is breaking..
they are saying things like "sloshfest" and "hakuna matada", and "blissings" instead of blessings..they are falling asleep during service, on the floor, but it's ok because they are not sleeping. Just resting in the presence of God. Breaks my heart

Upvote 0

Simon Peter

14th Generation PROTESTant
Mar 4, 2004
America
✟4,491.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I feel your pain. I was browsing around the web about three nights ago and I ended up watching some footage of the "laughing revival". (It's not anywhere near what I was looking at when I started, but somehow it's where I ended up.)

And I'm sitting there watching it and I found myself sobbing over it. I haven't cried since my mother died, and I have no idea when before that. I felt like such a wuss, but I just couldn't help it. I was glad my family was already in bed for the night. It just hurt so much on the inside watching these people laugh themselves into hell.

Well you are in good company Faulty, David Wilkerson broke down crying towards the end of a sermon about the "laughing revival":

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dvoAGEZf-nI&feature=player_detailpage

peace,
Simon

Upvote 0

Jere209

Legend
Jul 24, 2007
✟40,793.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
This is some of the things they say:
I saw a vision of her & Jesus their but this is for everyone who wants to go deeper in HIS lushy romance... Jesus desires to take each one of us to this blissful setting & RAVISH us with HI...S Love. It's at night where the moon is shining down upon u & Jesus. Floating burning candles all around u as your embracing with HIM in the boat. HE is well stocked with potent drinks in the Spirit. HE offers spiced bold rich Red Wine or a straight shot of crystal clear moonshine GRACE. U then indulge in drinking & celebrating each other!! "TO ABUNDANT LIFE, TO LOVE, CHEERS" U become so giddy & intoxicated in HIS Love u tip over from the boat falling into the water playing & splashing around...It's the exotic Romance side of Jesus He so longs to take u deeper into...!!See More

and

Haha....this is almost like being drunk in the Spirit....awesome...
Isaiah 55:12..

Upvote 0

Blueberrymuffin09

In Him I live and move.
Jul 23, 2011
✟1,395.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
This is some of the things they say:

and

Isaiah 55:12..

I do find that disgusting. But..that is not nor has it ever been my experience with the Lord. I haven't even been in a service close to anything like that. It is sad.

Upvote 0

Jere209

Legend
Jul 24, 2007
✟40,793.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I do find that disgusting. But..that is not nor has it ever been my experience with the Lord. I haven't even been in a service close to anything like that. It is sad.
I am so saddened about it..:(

Upvote 0

Jere209

Legend
Jul 24, 2007
✟40,793.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Oh I know..I am Pentecostal..AOG..and experienced many wonderful services..however, this is just too much, and well, it disturbs me because it's bringing God down to a level and equating it with drunkeness and revelry of alcohol! Sloshfest is when you're drunk on alcohol..I wouldn't say being drunk in the Spirit is being sloshed..goodness..:(

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

hopeinGod

A voice crying in the wilderness
Jul 26, 2004
Florida
Visit site
✟2,700.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Believing that "God takes the foolish things of the world to confound the wise," this wayward bunch have taken that verse to justify their moronic behavior. They are indeed displaying foolishness, but it is not at all by the Lord's leading.

This despicable evil is predominantly WOF centered. Those who support it also support a false doctrine that is equally destructive, the denial of eternal security.

This is why I have separated myself from the Charismatic culture. I won't give this mess an opportunity to raise it's ugly head near me.

The numbers of no name assemblies that have been swept into this nonsense are staggering. No believer that is well established in the first principles of God should want any part of it.

All of this ugliness is an embarassment to those of us who know that our Lord has called us to be prudent thinkers, not exhibitionists.

Upvote 0

jamadan

Jan 1, 2009
✟8,566.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Unfortunately, it is happening in many charismatic churches today. I've been following the charismatic movement very closely for 30 years now and am seeing two very serious bad trends. Many charismatic churches are either becoming seeker-sensitive, to fill the pews and pay the mortgage at the price of quenching the Spirit OR they are becoming the charismaniacs that John MacArthur used to warn about chasing after manifestations.

Upvote 0

jamadan

Jan 1, 2009
✟8,566.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
I was there also for 5 days - attended every meeting, even a few of the pastoral meetings as my friend I was with was a pastor. I saw none of this. I saw true worship and the presence of God was such a Blessing that I can still feel it today when I think back on those services. Such a shame that such a beautiful time with the Lord is turned into such falsehoods - maybe something happened to that pastor that wrote the letter, but I did not see even a glimpse of it or I would have walked out.

Something changed at Toronto about 15 years ago. Originally, while there were some concerning manifestations, it was a powerful move of God. Then they were confronted by the leader of the Vineyard, John Wimber, to repent and reign in the extremes. Arnott was publishing a book on it and wanted Wimber's endorsement. Wimber agreed to endorse only if one chapter on the extreme manifestations was removed and they agreed to repent. In short, Wimber was being used by God to bring needed correction and grace. Arnott agreed to both. But he then published the book with Wimber's endorsement, but he left the chapter in rebelling against Wimber (and God) and he did not repent or turn away from the extreme manifestations as promised. When Arnott rebelled, I believe God turned Arnott and Toronto over to their sin and it became the birthing ground with the problems we're seeing today. Stacey Campbell, who is clearly operating under a demonic spirit when she prophecies, gained even more prominence.

Some in my family used to visit Toronto every few years for a retreat. Before this occurred, it was always a blessing. After this occurred, though we didn't understand at the time, something had clearly changed. It was spiritually strange - there were warning flags from the Holy Spirit. My MIL returned and wanted to pray for my wife to pass along the anointing. I trust my MIL, but was really grieved watching that exchange and I had to pray over my wife later to remove what had attached. Definitely was a demonic thing.

Out of this change at Toronto, we started to see a major shift in other ministries as well. Patricia King, Bob Jones, Todd Bentley, etc rose up all operating in the same demonic anointing and spreading it. The debacle at Lakeland was the pinnacle with God turning them and their followers over to their sin of chasing after manifestations and rebelling against God's authority.

To most believers, Lakeland was such a ridiculously over-the-top obvious example of the demonic component to this movement, that it had to be God showing the world that these people did not follow Him. You would have thought the apostolic anointing night over Todd would have taught Arnott, Campbell, Johnson, Sheets, Joyner, Wagner, et al a lesson and generated some serious repentance for missing it so badly and so obviously . . . but it didn't. They were embarassed, but did it generate any repentance or change? No.

Upvote 0

Tobias

Relationship over Religion
Jan 8, 2004
California
✟21,764.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Private
To most believers, Lakeland was such a ridiculously over-the-top obvious example of the demonic component to this movement, that it had to be God showing the world that these people did not follow Him.

Really? How did you come to that conclusion?

I saw nobody making animal noises, no "tokin on the Holy Ghost", nor any serious focus on weird signs and wonders like this particular thread is against.

What I did see was an overweight unattractive bald man who against all odds somehow got the attention of millions. Nothing about the man was appealing to me, but I could sense God working through him. The lead musician couldn't even sing on key! How can anyone imagine that this was the hand of Man that wooed the nations?

Or do we assume that because the guy was flawed to begin with and fell into sin in the end, that it was the nearly-almighty spirit of kundilini who was responsible for the entire thing?

Reactions: tturt
Upvote 0

lismore

Maranatha
Oct 28, 2004
Scotland
✟248,482.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Unfortunately, it is happening in many charismatic churches today. I've been following the charismatic movement very closely for 30 years now and am seeing two very serious bad trends. Many charismatic churches are either becoming seeker-sensitive, to fill the pews and pay the mortgage at the price of quenching the Spirit OR they are becoming the charismaniacs that John MacArthur used to warn about chasing after manifestations.

Hi jamadan:wave:

Don't be discouraged. I've been there after I left Assemblies of God but God is so much bigger.

It's these days more than ever that we need functioning charismatic churches and fellowships.

If you can find other born again believers why not start a fellowship with them?

You are an ambassador to a dying world.

:)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

jamadan

Jan 1, 2009
✟8,566.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Really? How did you come to that conclusion?

I saw nobody making animal noises, no "tokin on the Holy Ghost", nor any serious focus on weird signs and wonders like this particular thread is against.

What I did see was an overweight unattractive bald man who against all odds somehow got the attention of millions. Nothing about the man was appealing to me, but I could sense God working through him. The lead musician couldn't even sing on key! How can anyone imagine that this was the hand of Man that wooed the nations?

Or do we assume that because the guy was flawed to begin with and fell into sin in the end, that it was the nearly-almighty spirit of kundilini who was responsible for the entire thing?

As with all things involving discerning of spirits, it started with my wife and I tuning in to God TV to see what we'd heard was this fantastic revival that broke out in Lakeland, Florida. Within minutes of listening to the worship, which sounded great to my ears, the Holy Spirit was telling both of us was seriously wrong. We were literally grieved, but didn't know why. So we listened carefully night after night and it soon became very apparent.

What we saw was a man who stood on the stage of God TV not preaching Jesus Christ and Him crucified, but the good news of the healing angel 'Emma'. Todd stated that God told him 'not to preach on Christ', but to preach about the Angel' . . . that people 'already believed in Christ, but didn't believe in the angel'. So he taught on revival, on portals, on great outpourings, and on how when the angel arrives, people get filled and touched and healed.

And he invited Patricia King to speak on various nights, a woman who was his mentor. A woman who came out of witchcraft, but had just been publicly rebuked in a letter from the leading voices in the New Apostolic Reformation such as C Peter Wagner, Chuck Pierce, Cindy Jacobs, etc. They stated that her teachings on angels and portals and at-will visits to heaven contained very concerning teachings from the occult and new age; things she learned from her mentor, Bob Jones. Jones was once one of the leading prophets of the Kansas City prophetic movement, along with Paul Cain, but who was forced to step down from ministry for having women 'stand naked before the Lord' (and the prophet) in order to receive a prophetic word. Jones had been getting increasingly into occultic teachings on heaven and the like, most concerning was his stated capability to visit heaven at-will and he could take your hands and lead you there himself. Jones introduced Todd to his angel 'Emma' and other angels and prophesied to Todd about the revival he would lead. They believed Todd was to be one of the prophesied 'forerunners' who, like the Two Witnesses in Revelation, would be able to call down fire from Heaven and would be immortal, unable to be killed - teachings that Paul Cain, Bob Jones and others from the Kansas-City movement believed from their dominionist theology. They believed Todd was stepping up into this long-awaited status as super Christian, world-leader and he was paving the way for a new era in the Church. They were looking and waiting for this, and so it was infused with much hype which God TV was happy to fuel. I learned of these things as I investigated and traced down where this revival was coming from.

So Todd proceeded night after night to pray for people as they shook violently and wept and fell down encountering 'the angel' as he was taught by Jones. He told of people being raised from the dead, claiming dozens of such victories. He told of miracles beyond any being experienced in this day and era. He kicked them, even knocking one man's tooth out, claiming to operate in a Wigglesworth-like anointint. And the people ate it up night after night. Still never preaching Christ, not once.

So I contacted several I know from Charisma magazine and the Apostolic team that was brought in to help oversee and shepherd the event that was seemingly becoming bigger than anything imaginable. What the team discovered drew concern. They initiated a significant effort to track down and document some of the significant claims to prove the veracity, particularly of the dead being raised. They spent many hours trying to contact and fact check. They weren't able to verify any of them. In fact, just the opposite, they found there were no instances of the dead being raised at all. Todd was reporting stories of what people sent in via email, without ever checking on anything. Not unexpectedly, they were all lies and exaggerations. And when they followed-up on the people who stood on stage claiming healing, even those who were kicked and punched, they reported that they had, in fact, not been healed despite their testimony on-stage, a result of adrenaline and faith, but not reality.

I watched helplessly as friends and family were drawn to Lakeland for their healing and anointing. To a person, they were initially blown away thinking it awesome, but within a few nights began to be very concerned that something was wrong. One, in particular, took her brother who was dying of cancer. Todd laid hands on him proclaiming him 'healed' and announcing it from the stage, but within days he realized it didn't happen - he died a week later. They testified of strange spiritual problems in the wake of their visit - constant bad dreams, spiritual attacks, and a feeling of distress that only left after they received pray from a team here - they'd picked up demonic spirits on their trip.

Then comes Paul Cain, a man who had quite a history (legendary) in the prophetic movement, onstage to proclaim his validation of Todd and the revival. The only problem was that Paul was still supposed to be sitting it out after he confessed to a long-term pattern of homosexuality and alcoholism. But Todd wanted validation from his heroes in the faith and Paul was in his personal Mount Rushmore.

And then came the grand finale. The night all the co-called super apostles showed up to validate and anoint Todd. C Peter Wagner (global supervising apostle), Rick Joyner, Stacey Campbell, John Arnott, Dutch Sheets, Bill Johnson, etc, etc stood on stage and prophesied how Todd had transcended to that next level they'd been waiting for. They told how this revival would continue and not end and it would grow and magnify in miracles and lead to major spiritual changes. Little did they know despite their so-called prophetic gifts.

In a day or two, in complete contrast to what the prophets said, Todd's secret sins and instability came out. He left the revival. It was discovered he'd been having an affair with his staffer while his wife was struggling with cancer. It was discovered that Todd was in the bars at night in Lakeland getting drunk. He left his wife and filed for divorce. It wasn't a shock to his team who knew what was happening behind the scenes. It was his second affair in the past few years. One earlier resulted in him stepping down from ministry for a year while he got tatt'd and pierced all over (he lied on stage when he said he had the tattoo's before he got saved, he had a few, but got most the year of his adultery). He showed the spirit of the revival was not God, no way no how.

My friend who was on the apostolic team sent there said it was the most embarrassing thing the charismatic movement had ever experienced. It was all hype. It showed forth the so-called apostles who had no idea what was really behind the scenes and that none of the proclamations of healings and miracles were true. It revealed their agenda and their shame.

Having established that the revival was indeed, not the Holy Spirit, the only question is what was causing all of the physical manifestations we witnessed? Was it all hype and mass hypnosis? Or was there truly an evil spirit deceiving people and causing the shaking and swooning? Normally, I'd chaulk it up to hype. But with Todd preaching on angels and his embracing of occult teachings about portals and all, I'm actually leaning to evil spirits directly involved with that event. Todd courted and set the stage, literally, for demons to put on a show and they did. And the leaders of the charismatic movement today endorsed it wholeheartedly and in-person. To me, it was an absolutely perfect example of God turning them over to their sin of pursuing manifestations and an agenda that is not from God. God let them show the world their weakness and sin. Worst of all, only Dutch Sheets had the integrity to publicly repent. The rest spun it to make themselves look good. Shame on them.

One of the other things I learned weeks later had to do with Todd's past. I appreciate more than most the power of conversion and the forgiveness of sins. However, I was disturbed to read that Todd was involved in a sexual assault gang in Canada. They would literally go around looking for victims to rape and sodomize. When Todd was 15, he was convicted for sodomizing a 7 year old boy. Now, I praise God for reaching Todd, but there limits to those I would ever see in a leadership role in a church, much less elevated to the level of poster boy for the charismatic movement. If Charles Manson repented, would you put him on stage and ooo and ahhh as he prayed for people and preached? Of course not. For me at least, Todd falls into that same category. Based on what I saw at Lakeland, it does make me wonder whether he ever got delivered from the demons that manifested when he was roaming the streets raping innocent victims.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Tobias

Jan 8, 2004
California
✟21,764.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Private
As with all things involving discerning of spirits, it started with my wife and I tuning in to God TV to see what we'd heard was this fantastic revival that broke out in Lakeland, Florida. Within minutes of listening to the worship, which sounded great to my ears, the Holy Spirit was telling both of us was seriously wrong. We were literally grieved, but didn't know why. So we listened carefully night after night and it soon became very apparent.

What we saw was a man who stood on the stage of God TV not preaching Jesus Christ and Him crucified, but the good news of the healing angel 'Emma'. Todd stated that God told him 'not to preach on Christ', but to preach about the Angel' . . . that people 'already believed in Christ, but didn't believe in the angel'. So he taught on revival, on portals, on great outpourings, and on how when the angel arrives, people get filled and touched and healed.

And he invited Patricia King to speak on various nights, a woman who was his mentor. A woman who came out of witchcraft, but had just been publicly rebuked in a letter from the leading voices in the New Apostolic Reformation such as C Peter Wagner, Chuck Pierce, Cindy Jacobs, etc. They stated that her teachings on angels and portals and at-will visits to heaven contained very concerning teachings from the occult and new age; things she learned from her mentor, Bob Jones. Jones was once one of the leading prophets of the Kansas City prophetic movement, along with Paul Cain, but who was forced to step down from ministry for having women 'stand naked before the Lord' (and the prophet) in order to receive a prophetic word. Jones had been getting increasingly into occultic teachings on heaven and the like, most concerning was his stated capability to visit heaven at-will and he could take your hands and lead you there himself. Jones introduced Todd to his angel 'Emma' and other angels and prophesied to Todd about the revival he would lead. They believed Todd was to be one of the prophesied 'forerunners' who, like the Two Witnesses in Revelation, would be able to call down fire from Heaven and would be immortal, unable to be killed - teachings that Paul Cain, Bob Jones and others from the Kansas-City movement believed from their dominionist theology. They believed Todd was stepping up into this long-awaited status as super Christian, world-leader and he was paving the way for a new era in the Church. They were looking and waiting for this, and so it was infused with much hype which God TV was happy to fuel. I learned of these things as I investigated and traced down where this revival was coming from.

So Todd proceeded night after night to pray for people as they shook violently and wept and fell down encountering 'the angel' as he was taught by Jones. He told of people being raised from the dead, claiming dozens of such victories. He told of miracles beyond any being experienced in this day and era. He kicked them, even knocking one man's tooth out, claiming to operate in a Wigglesworth-like anointint. And the people ate it up night after night. Still never preaching Christ, not once.

So I contacted several I know from Charisma magazine and the Apostolic team that was brought in to help oversee and shepherd the event that was seemingly becoming bigger than anything imaginable. What the team discovered drew concern. They initiated a significant effort to track down and document some of the significant claims to prove the veracity, particularly of the dead being raised. They spent many hours trying to contact and fact check. They weren't able to verify any of them. In fact, just the opposite, they found there were no instances of the dead being raised at all. Todd was reporting stories of what people sent in via email, without ever checking on anything. Not unexpectedly, they were all lies and exaggerations. And when they followed-up on the people who stood on stage claiming healing, even those who were kicked and punched, they reported that they had, in fact, not been healed despite their testimony on-stage, a result of adrenaline and faith, but not reality.

I watched helplessly as friends and family were drawn to Lakeland for their healing and anointing. To a person, they were initially blown away thinking it awesome, but within a few nights began to be very concerned that something was wrong. One, in particular, took her brother who was dying of cancer. Todd laid hands on him proclaiming him 'healed' and announcing it from the stage, but within days he realized it didn't happen - he died a week later. They testified of strange spiritual problems in the wake of their visit - constant bad dreams, spiritual attacks, and a feeling of distress that only left after they received pray from a team here - they'd picked up demonic spirits on their trip.

Then comes Paul Cain, a man who had quite a history (legendary) in the prophetic movement, onstage to proclaim his validation of Todd and the revival. The only problem was that Paul was still supposed to be sitting it out after he confessed to a long-term pattern of homosexuality and alcoholism. But Todd wanted validation from his heroes in the faith and Paul was in his personal Mount Rushmore.

And then came the grand finale. The night all the co-called super apostles showed up to validate and anoint Todd. C Peter Wagner (global supervising apostle), Rick Joyner, Stacey Campbell, John Arnott, Dutch Sheets, Bill Johnson, etc, etc stood on stage and prophesied how Todd had transcended to that next level they'd been waiting for. They told how this revival would continue and not end and it would grow and magnify in miracles and lead to major spiritual changes. Little did they know despite their so-called prophetic gifts.

In a day or two, in complete contrast to what the prophets said, Todd's secret sins and instability came out. He left the revival. It was discovered he'd been having an affair with his staffer while his wife was struggling with cancer. It was discovered that Todd was in the bars at night in Lakeland getting drunk. He left his wife and filed for divorce. It wasn't a shock to his team who knew what was happening behind the scenes. It was his second affair in the past few years. One earlier resulted in him stepping down from ministry for a year while he got tatt'd and pierced all over (he lied on stage when he said he had the tattoo's before he got saved, he had a few, but got most the year of his adultery). He showed the spirit of the revival was not God, no way no how.

My friend who was on the apostolic team sent there said it was the most embarrassing thing the charismatic movement had ever experienced. It was all hype. It showed forth the so-called apostles who had no idea what was really behind the scenes and that none of the proclamations of healings and miracles were true. It revealed their agenda and their shame.

Having established that the revival was indeed, not the Holy Spirit, the only question is what was causing all of the physical manifestations we witnessed? Was it all hype and mass hypnosis? Or was there truly an evil spirit deceiving people and causing the shaking and swooning? Normally, I'd chaulk it up to hype. But with Todd preaching on angels and his embracing of occult teachings about portals and all, I'm actually leaning to evil spirits directly involved with that event. Todd courted and set the stage, literally, for demons to put on a show and they did. And the leaders of the charismatic movement today endorsed it wholeheartedly and in-person. To me, it was an absolutely perfect example of God turning them over to their sin of pursuing manifestations and an agenda that is not from God. God let them show the world their weakness and sin. Worst of all, only Dutch Sheets had the integrity to publicly repent. The rest spun it to make themselves look good. Shame on them.

One of the other things I learned weeks later had to do with Todd's past. I appreciate more than most the power of conversion and the forgiveness of sins. However, I was disturbed to read that Todd was involved in a sexual assault gang in Canada. They would literally go around looking for victims to rape and sodomize. When Todd was 15, he was convicted for sodomizing a 7 year old boy. Now, I praise God for reaching Todd, but there limits to those I would ever see in a leadership role in a church, much less elevated to the level of poster boy for the charismatic movement. If Charles Manson repented, would you put him on stage and ooo and ahhh as he prayed for people and preached? Of course not. For me at least, Todd falls into that same category. Based on what I saw at Lakeland, it does make me wonder whether he ever got delivered from the demons that manifested when he was roaming the streets raping innocent victims.

Oh, that!

Considering the main manifestations were healing and raising the dead, with a major focus on street witnessing during the day when the meetings were not in session, I was wondering what you were referring to that was so "ridiculously over-the-top obvious."

Upvote 0

jamadan

Jan 1, 2009
✟8,566.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Oh, that!

Considering the main manifestations were healing and raising the dead, with a major focus on street witnessing during the day when the meetings were not in session, I was wondering what you were referring to that was so "ridiculously over-the-top obvious."

Can you name one person who was raised from the dead? Since you state it was the main manifestation, surely you have at least one example you can present.

I'll give you a hint, since you may not have read what I wrote . . . Charisma magazine tracked down every single claim to people being raised from the dead and they were ALL FALSE. Since that was the main manifestation, what does that say about the event?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Tobias

Jan 8, 2004
California
✟21,764.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Private
Can you name one person who was raised from the dead? Since you state it was the main manifestation, surely you have at least one example you can present.

I'll give you a hint, since you may not have read what I wrote . . . Charisma magazine tracked down every single claim to people being raised from the dead and they were ALL FALSE. Since that was the main manifestation, what does that say about the event?

All false, eh?

So is this your proof that the primary spirit working in Lakeland was demonic? What if say, I were to spend as much time researching all the reported dead-raising, and found that the report that "they were all false" is an exaggeration, or a misrepresentation of the truth? Does that mean that everything Charisma has ever printed is motivated by a false spirit?

Perhaps TB was careless in reporting miracles that didn't happen. If this is the case, he is just one of countless hundreds of Charismatic and Pentecostal ministers who have done so. Benny Hinn once told my nephew he was healed of cystic fibrosis, which he wasn't. In fact, there is a rampant problem of ministers telling people (by faith) that they have been granted miracles by God which they haven't been given. And while there may be a certain lack of integrity for a minister to announce from the pulpit that a miracle has taken place when it hasn't, these ministers are completely at the mercy of their staff and other people's honesty when it comes to knowing what has happened.

Certainly not a sure indication that someone is operating under the influence of deceiving spirits!

Upvote 0

lismore

Maranatha
Oct 28, 2004
Scotland
✟248,482.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Perhaps TB was careless in reporting miracles that didn't happen.

But it would be better to check if someone had been raised from the dead before broadcasting it. Relatively easy to verify, no?

Upvote 0