Jun 11, 2005
✟1,140,829.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
St. Gertrude the Great's feast day was November 16.

She was a 13th century writer and mystic. Some of her works can still be read, and some are even available for free in Google Archives.

I just downloaded one for my e-reader.

The exercises of saint Gertrude [tr. from the Fr. ed. of P. Guéranger]. : Gertrude : Free Download & Streaming : Internet Archive

I am going to undertake the challenge of learning more about the learned women of the Church.

All you have to do is click on the link and you can join me.

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,140,829.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Have you read the Life and Revelations of St Gertrude the Great?

Wonderful 600 pages or so book.

Here is the PDF version
St Gertrude - Life and Revelations of
"For what purpose has it been committed to writing that I visited St. Catherine in her prison, and encouraged her by these words : Be firm and immovable, My daughter, for I am with you 1 What purpose does it serve that it should be known how I visited John, My favourite, and said to him, Come to Me, my beloved ? What purpose does it serve that these and many other things concerning them and others of My Saints are known, unless it be to enkindle the zeal of those who read and hear them, and to manifest to all men the greatness of My love ? In this manner," added the Saviour, "the desire of obtaining the same favours those which they shall see you have obtained from Me will produce devotion in the hearts of those who, considering the effusion of My grace and the excess of My mercy, shall endeavour to change their present life for one more perfect."

Download PDF

I'll try that next. I downloaded the epub version of the exercises (for Nook or other e-readers other than Kindle.) It's not perfect--here and there there are some incompehensible words--I had looked at it first on PDF and there were no problems, but thought it would be nice to have it on my Nook for bedtime reading.

Her life reminds me of an old Baptist hymn, "In the Garden."

"And He walks with me and He talks with me, and He tells me I am His own."

Upvote 0