Christian
Marital Status
Married
“For you are not a God who delights in wickedness;
evil may not dwell with you.
The boastful shall not stand before your eyes;
you hate all evildoers.
You destroy those who speak lies;
the Lord abhors the bloodthirsty and deceitful man.
“But I, through the abundance of your steadfast love,
will enter your house.
I will bow down toward your holy temple
in the fear of you.
Lead me, O Lord, in your righteousness
because of my enemies;
make your way straight before me.
“For there is no truth in their mouth;
their inmost self is destruction;
their throat is an open grave;
they flatter with their tongue.” (Psalms 5:4-9 ESV)

Our God, the one who made us, who created the world – Father, Son Jesus Christ, and Holy Spirit – does not delight in evil, but he rejoices with the truth. Wickedness has no place with him. Those who boast in themselves and in their ungodly deeds, and not in God, will not stand before God, except in judgment. For the Lord destroys those who make lying and sinning their practice, unless they repent of their sins and they follow Jesus in obedience to him and to his commands. For the Lord abhors all that is evil.

[Jn 3:19-20; 2 Thes 2:9-10; 2 Thes 3:1-2; Jas 1:19-21; 3 Jn 1:10; Matt 7:21-23; Matt 15:18-20; Mk 7:20-22; Lu 6:45; Lu 13:26-28; Jn 5:28-29; Rom 1:29-32; Rom 2:6-10; 1 Co 6:9-10; 2 Co 5:10; Gal 5:16-21; Eph 5:3-6; Col 3:5-11; Heb 3:12; 1 Pet 3:12; 1 Jn 1:5-10; 1 Jn 2:3-6; 1 Jn 3:4-10]

And one of the biggest reasons God hates evil so much, other than it is fully opposed to him and to his righteousness, is because of what sin does to his creation, to the people he made. And that is why God, in his love and mercy, sent his only begotten Son Jesus Christ, who is God, to take on human flesh and to die a horrible death on a cross for our sins. For in his death he who knew no sin became sin for us so that when he died our sins died with him, and when he was resurrected, he conquered sin, death, hell and Satan.

Therefore, by God-gifted and God-persuaded faith in Jesus Christ we are crucified with Christ in death to sin, and raised with Christ to walk in newness of life in him, no longer to live as slaves to sin, but now as slaves to God and to his righteousness. Thus, we are no longer to allow sin to reign in our mortal bodies to make us obey its passions and desires. For if sin is what we obey, it leads to death. But if obedience to God is what we obey, that leads to righteousness and sanctification, and its end is eternal life with God.

[Heb 12:1-2; Eph 2:8-10; Jn 1:12-13; Jn 6:44; Rom 6:1-23; 1 Pet 2:24; 2 Co 5:15,21; 1 Co 6:19-20; 1 Jn 1:5-10; 1 Jn 2:3-6; 1 Jn 3:4-10]

So if we have been crucified with Christ in death to sin, and we have been raised with him to walk in newness of life in him, and by his grace, and in his power we are no longer walking in sin, but now in obedience to our Lord in holy living, then we are his people, his possession by faith in him. For this is what true faith produces in the lives of those who believe, in truth. And now we will want to do what pleases the Lord, not just because we must, but because we love him. And we will want to be led in his righteousness.

We will want our Lord to make a straight (upright, godly, honest) path before us, and we won’t be those who will try to find ways out of having to obey the Lord with our lives. We will accept his gospel message for what it is biblically, and we will not try to bend it or dilute it to serve our own purposes so that we can continue to live however we want. But this is not to say that we will never sin again. We could (1 John 2:1-2), but we should not deliberately sin against our Lord, especially not habitually and/or secretly.

For the wicked and the evildoers are those who look for ways to sin, sometimes in private so that no one will know. They are those who make lying and cheating their practice and who mock and slander the righteous who are following the Lord with their lives. For they have no shame. And many of them are people of prominence and prestige in our society and even within the gatherings of the church who flatter with their tongues but who are deceivers and manipulators, out to turn us away from Jesus Christ.

And they may well do this in the name of God, and of Christ, and of Christianity, all the while they are lying to us and getting us to accept their lies as truth and to reject the truth as though it is the lie, if we are those who listen to them and who believe what they say. For their goal presently is not to get us to renounce the name of Jesus, but to renounce the character and the teachings of Christ which teach that we must die with him to sin and that we must follow him in obedience to his commands.

For they want to convince us that a mere acknowledgment of who Christ was and of what he did for us in his death on that cross (not all of it) is enough to secure heaven for us when we die but while we continue in deliberate and habitual sin against the Lord. But that is not what the Scriptures teach. They teach that we must die to sin and now walk in obedience to our Lord’s commands (New Covenant) for us to have the hope of salvation from sin and eternal life with God, for that is what it means to believe in Jesus Christ.

[see all noted Scripture references above]

As the Deer

By Martin J. Nystrom
Based off Psalm 42:1

As the deer panteth for the water
So my soul longeth after You
You alone are my heart's desire
And I long to worship You

You alone are my strength, my shield
To You alone may my spirit yield
You alone are my heart's desire
And I long to worship You

Caution: This link may contain ads

Diamond7

YEC, OEC, GAP, TE - Dispensationalist.
Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟78,188.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Fair question. What does the Bible say on that subject?
19I call heaven and earth as witnesses against you today that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing. Therefore choose life, so that you and your descendants may live, 20and that you may love the LORD your God, obey Him, and hold fast to Him. For He is your life, and He will prolong your life in the land that the LORD swore to give to your fathers, to Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob." Deuteronomy 30:19

26See, today I am setting before you a blessing and a curse— 27a blessing if you obey the commandments of the LORD your God that I am giving you today, 28but a curse if you disobey the commandments of the LORD your God and turn aside from the path I command you today by following other gods, which you have not known. Deuteronomy 11:26

There are some variations in the way different people interpret this but the overall theme says that to love God is a choice. There are scriptures that talk about how God wants to test us. He proclaims that all things work together for good. Difficult to imagine that God can cause good to come out of some of the horrific things in the world. But everyone I have ever talked to says God does not disappoint us. God does not change. It seems like we are waiting on God but really, He is waiting on us.

Upvote 0

Christsfreeservant

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Aug 10, 2006
Rock Hill, SC
Visit site
✟1,378,502.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
19I call heaven and earth as witnesses against you today that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing. Therefore choose life, so that you and your descendants may live, 20and that you may love the LORD your God, obey Him, and hold fast to Him. For He is your life, and He will prolong your life in the land that the LORD swore to give to your fathers, to Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob." Deuteronomy 30:19

26See, today I am setting before you a blessing and a curse— 27a blessing if you obey the commandments of the LORD your God that I am giving you today, 28but a curse if you disobey the commandments of the LORD your God and turn aside from the path I command you today by following other gods, which you have not known. Deuteronomy 11:26

There are some variations in the way different people interpret this but the overall theme says that to love God is a choice. There are scriptures that talk about how God wants to test us. He proclaims that all things work together for good. Difficult to imagine that God can cause good to come out of some of the horrific things in the world. But everyone I have ever talked to says God does not disappoint us. God does not change. It seems like we are waiting on God but really, He is waiting on us.
Why did God allow Joseph's brothers to sell him into slavery? Why did God allow Job to suffer the loss of children and servants and livestock, and then to let Satan strike him with painful sores all over his body, and then to allow his friends to accuse him falsely of sinning against God? Why does he allow earthquakes and tornadoes and fires and wars to destroy human lives and properties? Why does he allow evil to exist? Why did he create Satan (Lucifer) knowing full well that he was going to do what he did? And why did he allow Jesus to be persecuted and to be murdered? And why did he create us humans knowing we would sin against him? Could it be to give us that choice to follow him or not? And could it be to humble us so that we see that we need God, or to break us so that he can make us into his likeness so that we will serve him with our lives?

Upvote 0

Diamond7

YEC, OEC, GAP, TE - Dispensationalist.
Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟78,188.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Why did God allow Joseph's brothers to sell him into slavery?
Most of your questions would take a book to answer but this one is pretty easy.

…19But Joseph replied, “Do not be afraid. Am I in the place of God? 20As for you, what you intended against me for evil, God intended for good, in order to accomplish a day like this— to preserve the lives of many people. Genesis

All things work together for God for those who love God and are called according to HIs purpose.

I have issues that God tells me I would not have if I lived right. But still He is there for me to deliver me in my time of need.

Upvote 0

Christsfreeservant

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Aug 10, 2006
Rock Hill, SC
Visit site
✟1,378,502.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Most of your questions would take a book to answer but this one is pretty easy.

…19But Joseph replied, “Do not be afraid. Am I in the place of God? 20As for you, what you intended against me for evil, God intended for good, in order to accomplish a day like this— to preserve the lives of many people. Genesis

All things work together for God for those who love God and are called according to HIs purpose.

I have issues that God tells me I would not have if I lived right. But still He is there for me to deliver me in my time of need.
Yes, God allows evil to exist and he allows bad people to do evil things even to good people, for God uses those experiences in our lives ultimately for our good and to grow and to mature us in our walks of faith and so that we will not walk in sin and in disobedience to His commands, but so that we will be his ministers in sharing the truth of the gospel and in setting the example for what it means to be a follower of Christ by how we live in purpose and in obedience to our Lord out of love for him because of what he did for us on that cross.

Upvote 0