Scotland
✟248,682.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Even paul said we know in part. I believe we will spend eternity understanding the mysteries of God, i think its a mistake
To think we are here to learn and study to perfection, and judge others' belief when we were made to glorify God in our actions and love, Despite our weaknesses.

There is a difference between scripture being inspired, and the writers having perfect theology.

Yes. But if someone is consistently teaching false teachings the loving thing to do is to warn people. Like the Mormon church or Islam, if a friend or relative was getting into that I would warn them.

Upvote 0

GreatistheLord

I can do ALL things through Christ
Mar 14, 2005
✟19,856.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Yes. But if someone is consistently teaching false teachings the loving thing to do is to warn people. Like the Mormon church or Islam, if a friend or relative was getting into that I would warn them.

Yes, I would warn them. I just think we need humility in how perfect we think our doctrine is. TB is a good example of being used by God yet having many flaws, and yet this week we see him used again in Africa.

I'd rather be weak in doctrine but make a real difference, than live in an ivory tower and have nothing to show but books and opinions.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Faulty

bind on pick up
Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2005
✟64,989.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes, I would warn them. I just think we need humility in how perfect we think our doctrine is. TB is a good example of being used by God yet having many flaws, and yet this week we see him used again in Africa.

I'd rather be weak in doctrine but make a real difference, than live in an ivory tower and have nothing to show but books and opinions.

Those aren't your only two choices.

Upvote 0

lismore

Maranatha
Oct 28, 2004
Scotland
✟248,682.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Hi great:)

I agree with Faulty. Those aren't the only two choices. You can share the gospel and have biblical doctrines.

But we must not forget the warnings the Lord has given:

"False christs and false prophets will rise and show great signs and wonders to deceive, if possible, even the elect" (Matthew 24:24)

Just because someone is a crowd puller does not guarantee he is an angel of light. The Lord talked of a small gate and a narrow way to life.

God Bless:)

Upvote 0

Jedi.Kep

Jul 30, 2009
Earth
✟16,160.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Everyone is a heretic to somebody. I'm a heretic because I don't baptize in water. I'm a heretic because I sprinkle/baptize. I'm a heretic because I hate Bingo. I'm a heretic because I allow bingo in my church.

The Christian army is the only army to willingly shoot at their own brothers and sisters in arms and enjoy doing it in the name of truth. When actually they have simply allowed the division and hatred of Satan to consume them to the point that they cannot recognize the Spirit of our Lord God and His Son Jesus Christ in their own kin. It's really quite tragic and pains the heart.

Upvote 0

Gospel Guy

Headed Home!
Aug 11, 2013
✟1,829.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Well TB lusted with his eyes, which Jesus said is the same as committing adultery

It sounds like this is exactly what happened, and then he dumped his wife for his new wife... no matter how you slice that, he's not qualified as a minister for the Holy Spirit to lead me to sit under his ministry.

He acts like something is wrong with him anyway... something just ain't right about this guy, so if he says anything good let me know cause I ain't listening to him. I'll pray for him tho anytime the Lord brings him up...

We should expose false teachers and false prophets because they bring in destructive heresies. The scripture says not to be in fellowship with a brother who is living in open sin; how much less should we be in fellowship with someone teaching it? We can love them but that doesn't mean to be blind and silent as to what they're doing. Why do you think Jesus railed against the Pharisees?

In most cases, it's more effective to teach from the Word why what someone is teaching is wrong instead of talkin 'bout they momma and all that.

If you tell others "don't listen to that guy" that's not very effective, but if you outline what they are teaching and then show from scripture why what they are teaching is wrong... it'll work better among those that are interested in truth. You can't help the ones that are blinded by the flashy preacher since they are convinced.

Not everyone has flaws in their doctrine though. The apostles teaching was included in the bible because it was flawless. When someone comes with a new teaching it an be checked out against scripture.

There was only one man that had no flaws in His doctrine...

Upvote 0

aWalkbyFaith

Sep 17, 2013
Austin, Texas
✟15,283.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Believers sometimes stumble. Only one never stumbled. We know His name, Jesus. :)

We need to be very careful who we call false lest we be kicking brothers and sisters when we should be praying for them and helping them to be restored.

Galatians 6:1 "Brethren, if a man is overtaken in any trespass, you who are spiritual restore such a one in a spirit of gentleness, considering yourself lest you also be tempted.

I John 4
"because many false prophets have gone out into the world. By this you know the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesses that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is of God, and every spirit that does not confess that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is not of God."

I've seen out there that some call others false teachers over what I call doubtful disputations (Rom 14). We need to be careful with that. Let's consider that we are the body of Christ and that Jesus is returning any day for a bride.

Rom 14:12-13
12 So then each of us shall give account of himself to God. 13 Therefore let us not judge one another anymore, but rather resolve this, not to put a stumbling block or a cause to fall in our brother’s way.

I John 5:16
16 If anyone sees his brother sinning a sin which does not lead to death, he will ask, and He will give him life for those who commit sin not leading to death. There is sin leading to death. I do not say that he should pray about that.

Let's pray one for another. Ok now let me practice what I'm preaching :)

Father, in the name of Jesus I pray for all my brothers and sisters. Keep our eyes fixed on you Master. You alone are worthy of all things. You are our hiding place. Nothing else will do. Lord we ask that you stretch forth your mighty hand to touch those that need to be restored. And remind us that we do not need to know it all. Rather we need to know you. And in you is everything and anything we would ever need.. exceedingly and abundantly more than we could ever ask for. For Your kingdom's sake, In the name of Jesus, Amen.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Gospel Guy

Headed Home!
Aug 11, 2013
✟1,829.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Believers sometimes stumble. Only one never stumbled.
Yes, and then there are those preachers that seek to be popular by telling everyone that it matters not if you stumble, it matters not how you live, you will all go to Heaven anyway.

There needs to be balance brought forth to counter false teaching that implies strongly that no matter what you do... it's all OK, which leads to lasciviousness which is evident by the things going on with many who claim to be Christian yet openly get drunk, engage in all manner of sexual sin, lie, steal, smoke cigarettes, smoke dope, etc, etc ... and if you tell them it's wrong, you get the speech about how you should not judge... when God has already judged living in sin and taught us about it in the Word.

/soapbox

Otherwise, great post man :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

aWalkbyFaith

Sep 17, 2013
Austin, Texas
✟15,283.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
There needs to be balance brought forth to counter false teaching that implies strongly that no matter what you do... it's all OK, which leads to lasciviousness which is evident by the things going on with many who claim to be Christian

I agree wholeheartedly. Balance. It seems that most of the terms of the bible have been twisted, even judging.

In my heart I believe that we should not judge anyone. God will judge us all. But I also believe we need to judge matters. There's a difference between judging a matter and judging a person. And I'm only writing all this to bring balance to what I stated early knowing that others are reading as well.

I cor 6:3
"Or do you not know that the Lord’s people will judge the world? And if you are to judge the world, are you not competent to judge trivial cases? 3 Do you not know that we will judge angels? How much more the things of this life!"

I know exactly what you mean. For example sexual immorality is being condoned because people are told not to judge. But Acts 15 makes it very clear, even to us under grace, after the big discussion about Law and grace.

Acts 15
28 It seemed good to the Holy Spirit and to us not to burden you with anything beyond the following requirements: 29 You are to abstain from food sacrificed to idols, from blood, from the meat of strangled animals and from sexual immorality. You will do well to avoid these things."

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Gospel Guy

Headed Home!
Aug 11, 2013
✟1,829.00
Faith
Word of Faith
There's a difference between judging a matter and judging a person.

Well, God help you if you ever see someone living an openly sinful lifestyle whilst claiming to be a Christian... influencing their peers to do the same... and you say anything about what the Bible says about their sinful lifestyle.

I just blame it on God's Word... since this is HIS gig, and He is the One that says sin is wrong and we are expected to turn away from sin and walk with Him.

I think you're alot more polite than I am, but there are people that think it's OK to go ahead and live in sin and will attack anyone who says otherwise as they will not endure sound scriptural teaching.

Upvote 0

Jethro99

Mar 7, 2012
✟7,692.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Why are there so many christians who think that every man or woman of God is a heretic? There's heaps of websites devoted to discrediting every teacher from Benny Hinn to Todd Bentley to everyone who is well known.

I've noticed alot of the websites seem to be run by baptists (I don't have anything against baptists btw). But maybe their upbringing has something to do with their views on miracles, being slain in the Spirit etc.

Any thoughts? :confused:

Because there are a few in *every* branch of Christianity I have encountered that are 100% sure that their particular beliefs are the only true and valid ones - and that everyone else is wrong, a heretic, going to hell, etc and feel the need to tell the world about it at the top of their lungs.

Upvote 0

Jedi.Kep

Jul 30, 2009
Earth
✟16,160.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Because there are a few in *every* branch of Christianity I have encountered that are 100% sure that their particular beliefs are the only true and valid ones - and that everyone else is wrong, a heretic, going to hell, etc and feel the need to tell the world about it at the top of their lungs.

Naturally. Because the only one who's right... is me!

There are some who are genuinely concerned, but there are many, many more who are simply walking in selfishness, pride, and ego. Talking to them for more than a minute, it is obvious to tell one from the other. You have to be spiritually blind, deaf and dumb to not be able to tell the difference.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Jethro99

Mar 7, 2012
✟7,692.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Naturally. Because the only one who's right... is me!

There are some who are genuinely concerned, but there are many, many more who are simply walking in selfishness, pride, and ego. Talking to them for more than a minute, it is obvious to tell one from the other. You have to be spiritually blind, deaf and dumb to not be able to tell the difference.

Heh - that reminded me of an old joke. There are a bunch of different versions of it, but it goes something like this........

A man dies and goes to Heaven. St. Peter is showing him around and he the man notices a walled off section He asks St. Peter, "What is that walled off section for?"

St. Peter says, "Oh, that's where we put the {insert denomination here}. They like to think they are the only ones that made it up here."

;);)

I've heard that joke told about Baptists and Pentecostals the most to be honest.

Upvote 0

now faith

Veteran
Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2011
florida
✟257,472.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
A Word of Faith Preacher found himself in a debate over drinking wine,and how it is justifiable in the Bible.

The other three people seemed to think its OK to drink as long as you don't get drunk.

The Preacher said,first I do not search the Word for excuses to sin.

Then he said when he used to drink he never could determine he was drunk until he was.

Upvote 0
Sep 4, 2011
✟10,276.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Then he said when he used to drink he never could determine he was drunk until he was.
The same occurs in cults -- people don't determine to join a cult -- they build reasoning upon faulty foundations, and end up in a mess. How many times do you hear, "my [church] is not a cult." People on the outside can see what appears obvious, but those inside have built up rationale.

Wait, if we are all heretics, and heretics are to be stoned, does that mean everybody must get stoned? Hmm, sounds kind of poetic. Might make a good song or something?
:) We would not feel so all alone.
Jesus objected to being called good, saying only God is good.
Matthew wrote that Jesus also said:
They love the place of honor at banquets and the chief seats in the synagogues, and respectful greetings in the market places, and being called Rabbi by men.

But do not be called Rabbi; for One is your Teacher, and you are all brothers. Do not call anyone on earth your father; for One is your Father, He who is in heaven. Do not be called leaders; for One is your Leader, that is, Christ.

But the greatest among you shall be your servant. Whoever exalts himself shall be humbled; and whoever humbles himself shall be exalted.

Mtt 23:6

We are so accustomed to big names, that we forget the faith was once lived out one-on-one.

Early Christianity did not use football stadiums and mass mailings -- it depended on each individual member. They knew the fragility of carrying God's treasure in earthen vessels.

We should expose false teachers and false prophets because they bring in destructive heresies.
Jer. 2:7
"I brought you into the fruitful land To eat its fruit and its good things. But you came and defiled My land, And My inheritance you made an abomination.

"The priests did not say, `Where is the LORD?' And those who handle the law did not know Me; The rulers also transgressed against Me, And the prophets prophesied by Baal And walked after things that did not profit.

"Therefore I will yet contend with you," declares the Lord.

13 "For My people have committed two evils: They have forsaken Me, The fountain of living waters, To hew for themselves cisterns, Broken cisterns That can hold no water.

17 "Have you not done this to yourself By your forsaking the Lord your God When He led you in the way?

19 Your own wickedness will correct you, And your apostasies will reprove you.

35 Yet you said, 'I am innocent; Surely His anger is turned away from me.'
"
Notice how the Lord says He was with the people earlier, and they had waves of faithfulness. God sent prophesy to correct the errors, and bring people back in repentance. He did not toss the people with the bathwater, but persisted toward their repentance.

But if someone is consistently teaching false teachings the loving thing to do is to warn people.
We can apply hate the sin, love the sinner. Call out specific errors, instead of defaming the person. There will always be errors -- which I think was the point in "all heretics."

Many people have good intentions, or allowed human reactions in, and are only heretical in making bad decisions or allowing corrupt influences.

Hiring staff too rashly. Taking on a board of directors that does not understand the intent of the ministry.

On Bentley's new wife's dream --
I would see that dream very differently; often people jump to overly-optimistic conclusions about dreams. Using it to pump up the viewing public seemed inappropriate, when there was not much evidence of clarity.

Even if the nose meant discernment (for an elephant the trunk is also ability, like a hand)-- dancing wildly seldom goes with discernment. I would see it more like an alert -- e.g., the massive church has been given loads of ability to discern, and yet they are being careless.
But that was her dream, and it's up to her to decipher it.

If a church leader is not first hearing from God in the daytime, then they might hear at night when their mind is quieted. If they do not listen to the dream, the parishioners will tell them. If the parishioners do not speak up, then the world and critics will bring the dross to the top.

Upvote 0

TasManOfGod

Untatted Saint
Sep 15, 2003
Tasmania
✟26,515.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Benny H I N N and Todd Bentley do teach heresy. There are four criteria that are essential to the true Christian. 1) The infallibility of Scripture 2) The Trinity 3) The person and work of Christ 4) Salvation by Grace through faith... Another important issue that may fall under one of the other four is the false prophet and false teacher...
Did you realise you are breaking forum rules here?

Please elaborate on this heresy teaching you are accusing the brethren of.

Upvote 0