Visit site
✟32,287.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
What questions were you thinking about polling people on?

Is this going to be like my old statistics homework? :p

I was thinking there would be a preliminary thread where people would post doctrines that they considered important and then somebody (possibly myself) would gather them up into one big survey.

Upvote 0

Tenebrae

A follower of The Way
Sep 30, 2005
floating in the ether, never been happier
Visit site
✟33,648.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Private
Seriously, pretty much all our actions can be dictated by those two rules.

When I get grumpy and sarcastic to someone, am I loving them as I love myself dunno, I think its a human tendency to over analyse and over complicate things, however I think we need to get back to the basis IMO

Upvote 0

edie19

Legend
Site Supporter
Sep 5, 2005
NW Ohio (almost Michigan)
Visit site
✟91,291.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
I think as long as we have Wiki ( :mad: ) - we have to have a membership.

The subforums are autonomous and we need to vote on rules - being able to vote implies membership.

We can, however, make our requirement for membership as loose as we want (it can be something as simple as accepting the Apostles' Creed and signing in).

edie

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Criada

Site Supporter
Feb 6, 2007
✟114,628.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
I think as long as we have Wiki ( :mad: ) - we have to have a membership.

The subforums are autonomous and we need to vote on rules - being able to vote implies membership.

We can, however, make our requirement for membership as loose as we want (it can be something as simple as accepting the Apostles' Creed and signing in).

edie
Sounds reasonable! :)

Upvote 0

chaoschristian

Dec 22, 2005
✟9,379.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I don't think we have to have a membership tbut if we don't define something for voting anyone on the forum could vote.

That's something I would hope we'd have the patience and forebearance to experiment with for a bit.

I know the membership lists are intended to 'protect' a congregational area from those who would come in an mess with the wiki or wreck a mod application, but is that a prophylatic against a non-existant threat?

Are there really that many people who prowl the forum committing such devious acts? And if it were happening, aren't there alternative ways of dealing with it?

I guess I've always been disappointed that WWMC created a membership list. Maybe I'm too naive. Maybe we do need one.

I'd like to see if we could function normally without one. It's easy to do, not so easy to undo.

Upvote 0

Criada

Site Supporter
Feb 6, 2007
✟114,628.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
That's something I would hope we'd have the patience and forebearance to experiment with for a bit.

I know the membership lists are intended to 'protect' a congregational area from those who would come in an mess with the wiki or wreck a mod application, but is that a prophylatic against a non-existant threat?

Are there really that many people who prowl the forum committing such devious acts? And if it were happening, aren't there alternative ways of dealing with it?

I guess I've always been disappointed that WWMC created a membership list. Maybe I'm too naive. Maybe we do need one.

I'd like to see if we could function normally without one. It's easy to do, not so easy to undo.
Well - it's probably easier to see how things go without one, then add it if neccessary, rather than trying to get rid of it once it's there...
How do folks feel about just leaving it for a while and seeing what happens?

Upvote 0

Athene

Grammatically incorrect
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2005
✟65,046.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Labour

The WWMC membership list was created after the Rochir mod application debacle, but things are different now, mod applications are posted in the forum the person wishes to mod - so it's doubtful the same thing would happen again.

How about wait and see if there is a need before creating a membership list. If countless numbers of people who never post in the MC descend here to vote in our elections and the swoop back off into the night are then yes lets consider a membership list, I'd rather see how we manage without one first.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.