• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Emotional numbness

God is good

Oct 4, 2016
Michigan
✟201,885.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
i had bad axienty 5 years ago and running thoughts then one day it all stop and I became numb I can’t hear God can’t hear my own thoughts or feel any emotions has anyone gone thru this I need help
God really loves you and Jesus is always with you even if you can't feel Him.

Upvote 0

Daniel Marsh

Jun 28, 2015
Livingston County, MI, US
✟200,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
i had bad axienty 5 years ago and running thoughts then one day it all stop and I became numb I can’t hear God can’t hear my own thoughts or feel any emotions has anyone gone thru this I need help

Go see your Doctor. I have been in your shoes before. It was a chemical imbalance.

• Agree
Reactions: Brightmoon
Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟750,190.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
You’re under too much stress . I’m going to suggest yoga. It will help you focus on centering yourself so that you can think about what’s important to you.
Yoga? Get focused on self? Exactly the opposite is required. "Looking to Jesus, the author and finisher of you faith". How about casting your care on Him who cares for you? Introversion and introspection are enemies to spiritual growth and freedom. If you meditate, and nothing wrong with that, it should be on God's word.

• Agree
Reactions: Psalm 27
Upvote 0

Job3315

Apr 21, 2018
United States
✟89,540.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I went through that. After years of emotional numbness after a breakup with someone from church and feeling left out by people from church (I felt after the break up some people picked a side so I became isolated) I received the revelation that I became my own protector; so evil thoughts were not coming through, but God's thoughts either. Then I started reading the Bible, I realized God's promises to His children's were also mine and He didn't set me a side. God actually spoke to me before the break up letting me know what was going to happen to me, so He was indeed there, I just missed His voice. I repented and told Him I gave Him back His role of my defender. It was then when I started hearing Him again.

Reactions: Psalm 27
Upvote 0

Refirened

May 18, 2020
Midlands
✟4,224.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

I can relate as I feel emotionally and mentally numb at times especially when my spiritual problems get worse. I know its demonic and i need deliverance.

Upvote 0

Brightmoon

Apes and humans are all in family Hominidae.
Mar 2, 2018
NYC
✟151,950.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Yoga? Get focused on self? Exactly the opposite is required. "Looking to Jesus, the author and finisher of you faith". How about casting your care on Him who cares for you? Introversion and introspection are enemies to spiritual growth and freedom. If you meditate, and nothing wrong with that, it should be on God's word.
. Yes centering yourself makes you less stressed because you’re focused on healthier things that you can do . Yoga does that . Otheration is the enemy of doing healthy things because you’re constantly worried about pleasing an other, even if you think that other is God

Upvote 0

SANTOSO

Jul 15, 2020
Jakarta
✟236,770.00
Country
Indonesia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

after what you have been through, why wait by yourself; why not wait on God’s steadfast love.
How about anxiety?
I submit myself to God. I resist all anxiety in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen.
What if I those running anxiety thoughts, I just pray again and again till those anxiety evil spirits flee.
How about this numbness?
Well if you know that you use your strength fail. Why try again ? Why not rely on God’s strength.
Have you heard that God gives strength to His people?
If you are not getting His strength, you must wander from what He told you ; the Lord is good to those who wait on His steadfast love, to the soul who seek Him.
Why wait by yourself, wait on God and gain His strength.
Sure you can ask Him to gain strength to comprehend His love, too.

Upvote 0

Brightmoon

Mar 2, 2018
NYC
✟151,950.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Bad anxiety attacks usually are followed by numbness as your body becomes exhausted and starts to shut down. I grew up in a dysfunctional abusive home and yoga , artistic hobbies, and getting some exercise by dancing helped a lot .

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SANTOSO

Jul 15, 2020
Jakarta
✟236,770.00
Country
Indonesia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Bad anxiety attacks usually are followed by numbness as your body becomes exhausted and starts to shut down. I grew up in a dysfunctional abusive home and yoga , artistic hobbies, and getting some exercise by dancing helped a lot .
Anxiety comes from the enemies. You cannot win against the enemies by just doing yoga and artistic hobbies dan dancing.

Upvote 0

Brightmoon

Mar 2, 2018
NYC
✟151,950.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
That’s what’s recommended by Mental health workers .they also recommend medication You cannot continue to let stress from anxiety tear at you . It will eventually cause illness. I stumbled upon this remedy by accident It does work but slowly . Counseling could have helped my teenage self but it really wasn’t available 50 years ago.

I’m also going to recommend eating healthier

Upvote 0