Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
I d don’t know about New York law but it sounds contrary to the 6th amendment. How can I make a defense if I don’t know which crime I’m accused of committting?
You and your attorney are free to peruse the indictment to guide you as “discovery” materials arrive.

Going to the appellate level with:
”We couldn’t figure out what crime we were defending our client against, your honor!” makes for fun forum rhetoric, but not what a lawyer will ever admit to, if they’d like to remain a lawyer.

Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟154,860.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
The specificity of whichever criminal statute each juror thought Trump violated or conspired to violate in his conspiracy to alter the election by illegal means was not included on the verdict form. We will never know. The did all agree that the conspiracy existed, regardless of which crime(s) they thought trump committed.
This will become the new “Obama’s Birth Certificate“, just-you-watch, “where are the verdict forms!?, why won’t ‘they’ let us see them, what are they hiding?”

This might be a very deep rabbit hole!

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Hans Blaster
Upvote 0

BPPLEE

Apr 13, 2022
Montgomery
✟151,392.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes, as a predicate of the predicate crime. Trump was on trial for falsifying business records with intent to conceal a conspiracy to effect the election. That charge was broad, but really all Trump needed to do was create reasonable doubt that such a conspiracy existed and the specific illegal means wouldn't matter.
It matters to be able to prepare a defense and the 6th amendment protects from such vague charges. The judge knows that this case will be overturned, he gave these instructions to ensure a conviction for political purposes.

• Agree
Reactions: Danthemailman
Upvote 0

BPPLEE

Apr 13, 2022
Montgomery
✟151,392.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You and your attorney are free to peruse the indictment to guide you as “discovery” materials arrive.

Going to the appellate level with:
”We couldn’t figure out what crime we were defending our client against, your honor!” makes for fun forum rhetoric, but not what a lawyer will ever admit to, if they’d like to remain a lawyer.
I’d be asking which of the three my client was guilty of

Upvote 0

BPPLEE

Apr 13, 2022
Montgomery
✟151,392.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This will become the new “Obama’s Birth Certificate“, just-you-watch, “where are the verdict forms!?, why won’t ‘they’ let us see them, what are they hiding?”

This might be a very deep rabbit hole!
For good reason

• Useful
Upvote 0