Does killing stiff necked infidels make God happy?

beamishboy

Jan 3, 2008
✟6,878.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Conservative
Except for all those bits of the Qur'an which say the opposite.
I thought those verses say killing infidels make Allah happy. Even the stones will cry out "Muslims, there's a Jew hiding behind me. Take your sword and cut off his head". That's in the Quran.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Verv

Senior Veteran
Apr 17, 2005
서울
✟31,762.00
Country
Korea, Republic Of
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
These sorts of questions always anger me.

God doesn't delight in the pain of anyone but rather delights in them rejoicing in Him.

Why do people even pose these questions? What kind of forum do you think this is? You think us Christians are secretly planning to make bombs in the 'Christians Only' section?

Upvote 0

NPH

Jul 25, 2005
✟6,871.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
These sorts of questions always anger me.

God doesn't delight in the pain of anyone but rather delights in them rejoicing in Him.

Why do people even pose these questions? What kind of forum do you think this is? You think us Christians are secretly planning to make bombs in the 'Christians Only' section?

You've never come across threads started by ShieldOFaith? :D

Upvote 0

Verv

Senior Veteran
Apr 17, 2005
서울
✟31,762.00
Country
Korea, Republic Of
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
You've never come across threads started by ShieldOFaith? :D

Hahaha OK...

I think that people who add militancy to Christianity, though they may know a lot of the Bible, they seem to have forgotten that the New Testament is actually the most important part...

We don't follow dietary laws anymore; we do not stone adulterers anymore; God does not commission us to fight anymore. He doesn't because it is entirely unnecessary to the survival of His religion.

The Jews were to be the cradle of Christianity; they were to found the basis of God's religion on Earth and teach us many lessons and of course, they also were cherished dearly by God and blessed by Him. And at that time it was necessary for fighting to occur -- even foreign prophets recognized how hopeless it was to stand against the Jews since God was on their side.

However, the Old Testament is the Old Testament because it is not relevant in the sense of following it legalistically and following it morally. All moral teachings and teachings of Salvation are in the New Testament.

While the OT has elements which are violent, the NT is entirely pacifist in nature. In fact, I hate to say it as it makes me kind of shudder, but in reality Christianity was a religion of hippies.

And as a Christian, we have to embrace pacifism in our Faith.

People who believe violence and Christianity can possibly come together need to re-read the New Testament with an open mind and need to see exactly what Christ says about violence.

A Christian who perverts the Faith with talk of violence is the same as an atheist who reads the Bible with a narrow mind, trying only to read what they want to read.

The Bible is not about What You Want Out Of It, whether it is violence or portraying it as foolish and naive.

The Bible is the Bible and Christ Said What He Said.

A lot of folks look around and see what's happening in the world and are disgusted and they want to lash out at it... But to ever bring violence hand in hand with Christianity is even a greater perversion than saying it is OK to have sex before marriage or to be a drug addict, etc. because when you do those things it only effects you.

But when you bring violence into it it effects other people and that is never, ever acceptable.

It is precisely the reason of past violent actions that our religion's name was tarnished.

This is Christianity:
Matthew: 36"Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?" 37Jesus replied: " 'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.'[b] 38This is the first and greatest commandment. 39And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.'[c] 40All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments."

We love our neighbors. We do not use violence.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

God-free

One of many moral atheists
May 23, 2008
Earth
✟16,259.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Does killing people who won't convert make God happy?
This question presupposes
1.) the existance of a god
2.) that someone is able to read its mind or
3.) is able to communicate with it and receive an answer.

Since no such god has ever been known to exist outside of the imaginations of those who choose to believe it (ie; faith), then the question is unanswerable.

If someone does ANYTHING that has a negative impact on ANYONE and claims to have done it to make God happy: they are either deluded or they are liars who have acted for their own reasons and are trying to pass the buck to avoid responsibility.

Sincerely,

A stiff necked infidel

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Jul 6, 2008
✟7,632.00
Faith
Seeker
God recognizes that no one can be a christian starting from birth and he gives chances for human beings to believe in Him. He created human beings and every human being has a purpose in earth. instead of killing infidels, God wants them to change their hearts and make them into believers and people who serve. My point is God is loving and wont do these things because someone didnt believe in Him

Upvote 0