Do you support women priests?

Rose_bud

Great is thy faithfulness, O God my Father...
Apr 9, 2010
South Africa
✟33,903.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Because women and men are created different. Men are stronger, smarter and more rational. Therefore, they must make decisions and manage. This is especially important in spiritual matters, where the degree of responsibility is highest.

Women are more sensitive, more emotional and more beautiful than men. Accordingly, they have a completely different role both in life and in the Church. A woman was created to complement a man, to become his soul mate.

Of course, there are exceptions to the rules. All people are different. And there are women warriors, queens, and chess players. And when the Church was persecuted, there were deaconesses. But there were no women priests, because the priest has power over the soul of a person, and this is the greatest of all responsibilities.
...:sigh:

Upvote 0

Tigran1245

Armenian Apostolic Church
Jul 1, 2023
Moscow
✟14,376.00
Country
Russian Federation
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Ah, the blatant sexism of "men are smarter and more rational." Charming.
Sexism is when one gender is better than the other. But men are not better than women and women are not better than men. Just as the Father is not greater than the Son and the Son is not greater than the Father. But the Son follows the will of the Father by nature. Likewise, a woman follows a man by nature, although they are absolutely equal in dignity.

Upvote 0

Paidiske

Clara bonam audax
Site Supporter
Apr 25, 2016
Albury, Australia
Visit site
✟1,513,721.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Sexism is when one gender is better than the other. But men are not better than women and women are not better than men. ... Likewise, a woman follows a man by nature, although they are absolutely equal in dignity.
This is nonsense. You can't denigrate the rationality and capability of women, as part of an argument to bar them from particular roles, and then claim that that's not saying men are "better." Nor can you limit someone's agency and then claim she is equal in dignity. It's simply dishonest. And wrong.

Upvote 0
Jun 16, 2020
London
✟108,044.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Because women and men are created different. Men are stronger, smarter and more rational. Therefore, they must make decisions and manage. This is especially important in spiritual matters, where the degree of responsibility is highest.

Women are more sensitive, more emotional and more beautiful than men. Accordingly, they have a completely different role both in life and in the Church. A woman was created to complement a man, to become his soul mate.

Of course, there are exceptions to the rules. All people are different. And there are women warriors, queens, and chess players. And when the Church was persecuted, there were deaconesses. But there were no women priests, because the priest has power over the soul of a person, and this is the greatest of all responsibilities.

nope ... this theology is by way of your own reasoning ... to understand what Paul was saying ( which was/is not of gender ) you need to study to be quiet, which is to not suffer your woman/soul to speak/teach but to be in silence ...

Upvote 0

Rose_bud

Apr 9, 2010
South Africa
✟33,903.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
This is nonsense. You can't denigrate the rationality and capability of women, as part of an argument to bar them from particular roles, and then claim that that's not saying men are "better." Nor can you limit someone's agency and then claim she is equal in dignity. It's simply dishonest. And wrong.
In addition its the manipulating of the relationship of the Father and Son to push gender roles that is a huge wrong..

• Agree
Reactions: Paidiske
Upvote 0

Tigran1245

Jul 1, 2023
Moscow
✟14,376.00
Country
Russian Federation
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

Tigran1245

Jul 1, 2023
Moscow
✟14,376.00
Country
Russian Federation
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Let's imagine that a person comes to Church to repent. Suppose he committed a serious sin: sex crime or murder.

He comes to church and sees a female priest.

1) Do you think he trust a female priest or not?

2) If so, will a female priest be able to keep a cool mind and guide him on the right path?

Also one more point. When parishioners at liturgy look at a female priest, will they see in her the image of Christ or will they see only a woman in her?

Upvote 0

Rose_bud

Apr 9, 2010
South Africa
✟33,903.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
In general, today there is a very popular theological concept in the Orthodox world that a man, a woman and a child are the human Trinity and are the image of God the Trinity. Therefore, I have no manipulation.
In general, today there are a lot of theological concepts that has to be evaluated in light of internal biblical evidence.

I didn't read to far in your link to have my eyebrows raised...
The author appears to make quite a few founded statements...

"Man is a created trinity. Man, woman, and child are three hypostases of a single human being. And only by finding a family, living and developing in it, does a person become human. Because being just an individual, a person cannot be happy on earth".
I'm concluding from the information and in respect of your previous post the family structure is likened to the Trinity relationship in the following way.
Father , man, -- Holy Father
Mother, woman --- Son of God
Child, --- Holy Spirit

The manipulation is seen in the above by extending the Trinity to equate to a hierarchy.
Human nature cannot be equated to divine nature. The Godhead - three Persons sharing one divine nature is a unitary being, whereas humanity is a group of people sharing a human nature, consisting of a diversity of beings. There is the oneness in nature, essence and substance between the Father, Son and Spirit that is absent from any male-female-child relationship.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Rose_bud

Apr 9, 2010
South Africa
✟33,903.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Let's imagine that a person comes to Church to repent. Suppose he committed a serious sin: sex crime or murder.

He comes to church and sees a female priest.

1) Do you think he trust a female priest or not?

2) If so, will a female priest be able tletso keep a cool mind and guide him on the right path?

Also one more point. When parishioners at liturgy look at a female priest, will they see in her the image of Christ or will they see only a woman in her?
If the gender was reversed in this post...the outcome/results would be the same. For the additional point you assume that only men should confirm to the image of Christ.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Jun 16, 2020
London
✟108,044.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If the gender was reversed in this post...the outcome/results would be the same. For you additional point you assume that only men are made in the image of Christ.

there is no gender in consciousness, but gender explains consciousness ....

Upvote 0

Tigran1245

Jul 1, 2023
Moscow
✟14,376.00
Country
Russian Federation
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
In general, today there are a lot of theological concepts that has to be evaluated in light of internal biblical evidence.

I didn't read to far in your link to have my eyebrows raised...
The author appears to make quite a few founded statements...

"Man is a created trinity. Man, woman, and child are three hypostases of a single human being. And only by finding a family, living and developing in it, does a person become human. Because being just an individual, a person cannot be happy on earth".
I'm concluding from the information and in respect of your previous post the family structure is likened to the Trinity relationship in the following way.
Father , man, -- Holy Father
Mother, woman --- Son of God
Child, --- Holy Spirit

The manipulation is seen in the above by extending the Trinity to equate to a hierarchy.
Human nature cannot be equated to divine nature. The Godhead - three Persons sharing one divine nature is a unitary being, whereas humanity is a group of people sharing a human nature, consisting of a diversity of beings. There is the oneness in nature, essence and substance between the Father, Son and Spirit that is absent from any male-female-child relationship.
Firstly, the fact of the matter is that there is no hierarchy in the Trinity according to dignity (all are one by nature), but there is a dogma about the monarchy of the Father.

Secondly, each Person of Trinity has its own hypostatic being. And there three hypoststic beings in Trinity as three hypoststic beings of Peter, Paul and John. But there are no three Gods, because the Divine nature is absolutely simple, unlike the human one. And the three hypostases of God have unity in will, strength and power, when each hypostasis of a human has its own will.

Upvote 0

Rose_bud

Apr 9, 2010
South Africa
✟33,903.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Firstly, the fact of the matter is that there is no hierarchy in the Trinity according to dignity (all are one by nature), but there is a dogma about the monarchy of the Father.

Secondly, each Person of Trinity has its own hypostatic being. And there three hypoststic beings in Trinity as three hypoststic beings of Peter, Paul and John. But there are no three Gods, because the Divine nature is absolutely simple, unlike the human one. And the three hypostases of God have unity in will, strength and power, when each hypostasis of a human has its own will.
I'm glad we agree on this very important doctrine.. that their is no hierarchy in the Trinity.

The manipulation referred to in respect to your statement below,

"But the Son follows the will of the Father by nature. Likewise, a woman follows a man by nature, although they are absolutely equal in dignity".

Appealing to the relation between Father and Son as it pertain to God's purpose for human redemption and using this to argue that woman must follow men... its spiritual manipulation akin to those who profess equality in word but refuse to support it in its application.

• Agree
Upvote 0

Tigran1245

Jul 1, 2023
Moscow
✟14,376.00
Country
Russian Federation
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
If the gender was reversed in this post...the outcome/results would be the same. For you additional point you assume that only men should confirm to the image of Christ.
No, everything that exists is created in the image of Christ. But Christ was a man. The ancient Church does a lot to ensure that the priest is a symbol of Christ. For example, it is no longer possible for a man who killed a person in the past (even accidentally) to become a priest. Also, a person can become a priest only after reaching the age of Christ.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Rose_bud

Apr 9, 2010
South Africa
✟33,903.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
No, everything that exists is created in the image of Christ. But Christ was a man. The ancient Church does a lot to ensure that the priest is a symbol of Christ. For example, it is no longer possible for a man who killed a person in the past (even accidentally) to become a priest. Also, a person can become a priest only after reaching the age of Christ.
This is very interesting.

The ancient Church is not doing enough IMO, I think that he should at least have Jewish roots.. makes the symbol more accurate.

Reactions: PloverWing
Upvote 0

Tigran1245

Jul 1, 2023
Moscow
✟14,376.00
Country
Russian Federation
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
I'm glad we agree on this very important doctrine.. that their is no hierarchy in the Trinity.

The manipulation referred to in respect to your statement below,

"But the Son follows the will of the Father by nature. Likewise, a woman follows a man by nature, although they are absolutely equal in dignity".

Appealing to the relation between Father and Son as it pertain to God's purpose for human redemption and using this to argue that woman must follow men... its spiritual manipulation akin to those who profess equality in word but refuse to support it in its application.
The relationship between the Father and the Son (the birth of the Son from the Father and following the will of the Father) does not apply only to the redemption of mankind. It is absolutely eternal, timeless. The Father is the Mind, the Son is the Word. The Word comes from the Mind. And the Father can create only through the Son.

Upvote 0

Tigran1245

Jul 1, 2023
Moscow
✟14,376.00
Country
Russian Federation
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
This is very interesting.

The ancient Church is not doing enough IMO, I think that he should at least have Jewish roots.. makes the symbol more accurate.
The canonical difference with Jewish law, by the way, is the possibility of accepting worthy people with physical defects as priests, although not all of them.

Apostolic rules:

77. If any cripple, or anyone with a defect in an eye or in a leg, is worthy of the episcopate, let him be made a bishop. For it is not an injury to the body that defiles one, but a pollution of the soul.

78. Let no one that is deaf nor anyone that is blind be made a Bishop, not on the ground that he is deficient morally, but lest he should be embarrased in the exercise of ecclesiastical functions.

Upvote 0

Rose_bud

Apr 9, 2010
South Africa
✟33,903.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
The canonical difference with Jewish law, by the way, is the possibility of accepting worthy people with physical defects as priests, although not all of them.

Apostolic rules:

77. If any cripple, or anyone with a defect in an eye or in a leg, is worthy of the episcopate, let him be made a bishop. For it is not an injury to the body that defiles one, but a pollution of the soul.

78. Let no one that is deaf nor anyone that is blind be made a Bishop, not on the ground that he is deficient morally, but lest he should be embarrased in the exercise of ecclesiastical functions.
No offense but I'm glad I don't belong to your church. And feel extremely sad for the women who hear God's call to exercise their gifts but are denied the opportunity to respond because of all the traditions and laws in the ancient church:sigh:

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Rose_bud

Apr 9, 2010
South Africa
✟33,903.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
The relationship between the Father and the Son (the birth of the Son from the Father and following the will of the Father) does not apply only to the redemption of mankind. It is absolutely eternal, timeless. The Father is the Mind, the Son is the Word. The Word comes from the Mind. And the Father can create only through the Son.
I agree their is no eternal subordination.

I don't know where you get the scripture the Father is the Mind.. please point me to it.

Upvote 0