Jun 24, 2003
Canada
Visit site
✟16,968.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
I think that it isn't proper for bedsharing between a courting couple to occur. I agree with the others who talked about the temptation issue.

There's also the modesty issue to throw in.

I also think that bedsharing between two people of the opposite sex is an intimacy that should be reserved for marriage.

Upvote 0
emmajane said:
Is it okay for a courting couple (in a committed, serious relationship) to share a bed, fall asleep and wake up together?

I think yes... trust is imperative, and there are few things more beautiful than awaking with your loved one, ready to spend the day together.

Unless they snore *sharp glance @ retrogeek*

Upvote 0

enslow

Jun 26, 2003
✟15,516.00
Faith
Christian
emmajane said:
Modesty issue?

I'm pretty sure ebd was referring to being in jammies.

It's one thing to see your loved one in jammies when they're sick with the flu and you're dropping off chicken soup or something. But then, not only is he hacking and coughing away, but he's probably in a dressing gown or layers of blankets or something over top of jammies.

To sleep together is another thing. I am very against disrobing before marriage. Even though it doesn't break any formal rules of the OT, it goes against Paul's teachings. Eph 5:3- But among you there must not be even a hint of sexual immorality, or of greed, because these are improper for God's holy people.

Here I would define modesty as clothing that does not encourage indecent or improper thoughts. I know that some might flame me because a woman should be allowed to wear wear halter tops, bikini tops, mini skirts, etc etc. You're right, I have no right to forbid that. But if my girlfriend started wearing that kind of clothing it would create a lust problem for me. And lust is VERY dangerous.

So, sleeping together in the same bed? Methinks that would create a lust problem for any couple. If it doesn't lead to sex, it will most probably lead to improper thoughts and lust. Save it for marriage is my advice.

Enslow

Upvote 0

FroZenDeSire

Jul 8, 2003
Canada
Visit site
✟15,247.00
Faith
Christian
of course it's up to the couple and what they can handle.. i suppose. I'd suggest not because it does lead to stuff trust me. If you are not wanting sex to happen stay outta the dark and outta the bed. :) It is a beatiful thing to wake up beside your boyfriend... i stayed up all night watching mine sleep :) I might have fallen asleep.. but I don't think so lol :) But it will be even better when it's your hubby :) Oooh how cute! hehehe!

Upvote 0

User9056

Apr 14, 2003
✟15,622.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I have fallen asleep with my girlfriend and I was actually going to start a thread about this same subject.

We have fallen alseep before a few times at night but I usually wake up and go out to the couch or go home. I dont think we have slept through the night together and it would be a bad idea IMO because of the temptation

We do however take naps at times cause sometimes we both get up really early and just are super tired and will take a nap to get some rest. I dont think its a bad thing as long as clothes are on and that nothing besides sleeping is happening

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

PuNkChIcK

Mar 17, 2003
✟241.00
Faith
Christian
Right now I live alone in the house my mother left me, but my fiance is coming home today, and we disscussed over the phone what I should do, because it's an aweful lot of house to be all alone in, so i've considered: A) moving in with him*if i did this i would share a bed with him more than likely*B) Him moving in with me*once again we'd probably sleep together*C)Sell the house and get an apartment D)Keep the house, but move into an apartment and move back to the house after we get married......

Upvote 0

DaveKerwin

Represent the Most High
May 31, 2002
Detroit, MI
Visit site
✟21,031.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
PuNkChIcK said:
Right now I live alone in the house my mother left me, but my fiance is coming home today, and we disscussed over the phone what I should do, because it's an aweful lot of house to be all alone in, so i've considered: A) moving in with him*if i did this i would share a bed with him more than likely*B) Him moving in with me*once again we'd probably sleep together*C)Sell the house and get an apartment D)Keep the house, but move into an apartment and move back to the house after we get married......

e. do something else and guard yourself against sin.

Upvote 0

hiz_child

Jun 24, 2003
✟17,800.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
I think that if you want to keep a strong testimony you shouldn't do it. I mean if you think about what the world is doing in that respect. Just about every couple(nonchristian and some christian) sleep(have sex) together before marriage. Its pretty much expected. My mom who isn't a christian thinks I should sleep with the guy before I marry him cause I shouldn't marry him if I don't like having sex with him. How shallow can you get. I know that I would be ashamed to tell my friends that I was sleeping with my boyfriend "but we aren't haveing sex". I wouldn't want them to have that doubt. And my nonchristian friends would probably think "all right, way to go" and I wouldn't want them to think that either. It just isn't a good testimony.

Upvote 0

JahRawks

Jul 1, 2003
Earth
Visit site
✟389.00
Faith
Non-Denom
I know that for my girlfriend and I, falling asleep together in the same bed, at least intentionally is bad, but, if we're up watching late night movies, falling asleep together is almost expected, cause well, you're both staying up late, and if you're comfortable, you'll eventually fall asleep, which I don't find to be bad, but there is too much temptation when you actually climb into the same bed with the intention of falling asleep together

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
JahRawks said:
I know that for my girlfriend and I, falling asleep together in the same bed, at least intentionally is bad, but, if we're up watching late night movies, falling asleep together is almost expected, cause well, you're both staying up late, and if you're comfortable, you'll eventually fall asleep, which I don't find to be bad, but there is too much temptation when you actually climb into the same bed with the intention of falling asleep together

well thats a bit of an excuse-if you know that falling asleep in the same bed is almost inevitable watching latenight movies well guard against that.Im not necessarily saying it is wrong for b/f g/f to share a bed but if you think it is well dont get into the habit of doing it 'mistakenly' or otherwise

Upvote 0