Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I'm not trying to be offensive, but I worry about the possibility of a Christian hell the same way you probably worry about versions of hell in other religions.

Also, I don't want them to try to psychologically try to find a connection with the idea of an all loving God and one that is also also willing to torture them for all eternity if they don't accept his love.

Not really what I was talking about regarding suffering in my previous posts in this thread .. but it's around the same ballpark.
I never thought there was more then one hell?

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟954,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Divinity isn't the only issue I worry about; in the secular world I worry about the expression of masculinity and femininity... especially feminism.

I think you're at the point and have enough distance to address divinity without the encumbrances you had and the negative reminders. Your perception of God shouldn't rest on your childhood or experiences you had with the church you weren't able to set aside. You weren't in control. But now you are. You can ask questions and explore things with an adult mindset that you couldn't as a youth.

I'm not saying you have to believe in God. I'm saying the decision should be based on the person you're becoming not the one you were long ago. You're in a different place and that's the best time to find answers.

As for the gender wars, I think they're destroying both sides. Looking at the posts on social media is unsettling. Everyone's angry and lashing out. When neither are in a position to oppress on the scale we've seen. They're pulling your strings. I wish both sides would recognize their real enemy and stop fighting one another.

~bella

Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟711,970.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
When I told my husband that my son's back was hurting him badly, he told me my son might be starting to also have weather related arthritis.

How on earth did this happen?

Where did the time even go?

How did my son become 40?

With age-related problems to boot?!?!!!

I'm only 55... And life is seeming at it's end... Lol.

Time is a crazy thing!

In a way I don't regret having my son so young though... We grew up together in our own way. But now he's 40.... Hahaha

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,768,308.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
When I told my husband that my son's back was hurting him badly, he told me my son might be starting to also have weather related arthritis.

How on earth did this happen?

Where did the time even go?

How did my son become 40?

With age-related problems to boot?!?!!!

I'm only 55... And life is seeming at it's end... Lol.

Time is a crazy thing!

In a way I don't regret having my son so young though... We grew up together in our own way. But now he's 40.... Hahaha
I hope he is not experiencing arthritis. :praying:

Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟711,970.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I hope he is not experiencing arthritis. :praying:

Me too, but my husband is likely to be right. I have arthritis in my spine due to severe injury so arthritis probably runs in my family. I can't ask anyone now though.

• Prayers
Reactions: Michie
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Hazelelponi

Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟711,970.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Keep us updated. :praying:

He's home, no to x-rays and yes to steroids for inflammation and muscle relaxers. I guess the doctor is taking it from there at a later date if this is unsuccessful.

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,768,308.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
He's home, no to x-rays and yes to steroids for inflammation and muscle relaxers. I guess the doctor is taking it from there at a later date if this is unsuccessful.
I’m surprised they didn’t do X-rays. Hopefully this will help and there will be no need to go further.

• Agree
Reactions: Hazelelponi
Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,768,308.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
New thoughts... Scotland promises not to arrest JK Rowling

Hahaha this is gotten out of hand everywhere... Just insane level stuff.
I must of missed it. Threats to arrest her? She used to be a liberal darling until she dipped her toe into transgender waters.

Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟711,970.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I must of missed it. Threats to arrest her? She used to be a liberal darling until she dipped her toe into transgender waters.

Oh it's blown up over there after a trans individual claimed being misgendered. (This involved police).

Under the new hate speech laws just passed Rowling could spend up to 7 years in prison for that...

But they promise not to.. lol

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,768,308.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Oh it's blown up over there after a trans individual claimed being misgendered.

Under the new hate speech laws just passed she could spend up to 7 years in prison for that...
Ugh…..:rolleyes:

• Agree
Reactions: Hazelelponi
Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,768,308.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The actual liberals, who we have always traditionally thought of as liberals, are divorcing the woke this year, from the looks of it.
I found a story about what you were discussing. Biological women are still being walked on it seems. I say don’t let the men get you down.;)

Upvote 0

MehGuy

A member of the less neotenous sex..
Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,175,569.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I never thought there was more then one hell?

I've heard other religions have a hell before. Regardless... I worry about the afterlife of Christianity the same way you would worry about the afterlife of another religion.

Upvote 0

MehGuy

A member of the less neotenous sex..
Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,175,569.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
There's supposed to be a shortage in beef coming up because they are affected by bird flu. There's got to be a joke in there somewhere:)

Bird flu? I guess it's a good excuse for restaurants to further raise the prices of their menu items.

Upvote 0