FL
✟7,627.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Sorry to answer your question with a question, but why are you interested in hearing about doubts Christians have had about their faith?

Peace.

Curiosity, and because this is the "Questions by Non-Christians" board. Is it an inappropriate question to ask?

Upvote 0

Emmy

Senior Veteran
Feb 15, 2004
✟50,995.00
Faith
Salvation Army
Dear Blue Sunshine. I started looking for Why am I here? What is life all about? I was in my early 40. then. I grew up without Religion, and only knew Jesus from school. Some good Christian neighbours invited me to church, and there I met Jesus again, whom I had loved and adored as a young girl. It took many prayers to accept that Jesus is God-Son, and the Bible was absolutely new to me. Yet many Christian friends prayed too, and in time I believed. I have grown from strenght to strenght, and ended up a soldier for Christ: a Salvationist. I can truly say that I never had doubts, and that I have seen much love for God and for men and women. Jesus changed my life completely, and I know now that God loves us, that our home is with Him and all Christian brothers and sisters, and Jesus will lead us back again. We have to learn to love God and each other, with a selfless love, and hearts and hands. I say this humbly and kindly, Blue Sunshine. Greetings from Emmy, sister in Christ.

Upvote 0

aiki

Feb 16, 2007
Winnipeg
✟244,038.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Curiosity, and because this is the "Questions by Non-Christians" board. Is it an inappropriate question to ask?

No, its not inappropriate to ask. There are a thousand other questions you could've asked, though. Since this is so, I wonder why you chose to ask the question you did. :)

Peace.

Upvote 0

Blue Sunshine

Sep 18, 2008
FL
✟7,627.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
No, its not inappropriate to ask. There are a thousand other questions you could've asked, though. Since this is so, I wonder why you chose to ask the question you did. :)

I wanted to be clever enough to ask something that hasn't been asked before. Who knows, but I tried. :cool:

Emmy, thanks for sharing! Ah, yes, pondering the meaning of life is a biggie. It's great you've found peace in your discovery, I respect that. I love to hear testimonies from people, no matter what walk of life they come from.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Criada

Site Supporter
Feb 6, 2007
✟114,628.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
You know, i think we all have doubts sometimes.
There are events in our lives that we don't understand, we see pain and suffering... and I am sure that everyone has moments of questioning, and of doubting.
But, these are often the times that increase our faith as well.
God is big enough to deal with our doubts. In Mark 9, the father of a demon possessed boy says to Jesus:
"I do believe; help me overcome my unbelief!"

This is the position we are so often in... and each time, He answers our prayer and shows us His truth.

Upvote 0

Maranatha27

Nov 1, 2007
Massachusetts
✟16,511.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I have had doubts about Gods condemnation of people. Nice people that I truly like, that have not accepted Christ. I look at my life and the wretchedness of it. Im in no position to judge them, doubt can set in.

I do believe the Bible though whole heartedly. The judgement of my sins were paid in full at Calvary. I look to the nation of Israel, the greatest prophetic fulfillment in the 20th century. God clearly states in the Word that he would establish his ancient people back in the land in the "time of the end". This clears up all doubt for me, God means exactly what He says. He says he will judge a Christless world and what human could rebuke him?

Isa 55:7 Let the wicked forsake his way, and the unrighteous man his thoughts: and let him return unto the LORD, and he will have mercy upon him; and to our God, for he will abundantly pardon.
[8] For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD.
[9] For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.
[10] For as the rain cometh down, and the snow from heaven, and returneth not thither, but watereth the earth, and maketh it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower, and bread to the eater:

Upvote 0

Chesterton

Whats So Funny bout Peace Love and Understanding
Site Supporter
May 24, 2008
Flatland
✟888,024.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
I am interested in hearing about doubts in the Christian faith that you struggle with or have struggled with in the past, and how you've tried to overcome them.

:wave:

Sometimes when I'm experiencing doubt I'll scan the GA threads or read some Dawkins. That usually brings me back to my senses. :p

Upvote 0

Catherineanne

Sep 1, 2004
Europe
✟76,860.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Widowed
I am interested in hearing about doubts in the Christian faith that you struggle with or have struggled with in the past, and how you've tried to overcome them.

I think anyone who is human will have doubts from time to time, about one thing or another.

When the doubts start to gather, I would advise returning to basics. Love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, soul, mind and strength and thy neighbour as thyself.

If you can't manage the first, at least address the second. Find someone worse off than you are, and help them. However bad your life, it will gain some sense of proportion and you will gain strength.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Catherineanne

Sep 1, 2004
Europe
✟76,860.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Widowed
I have had doubts about Gods condemnation of people. Nice people that I truly like, that have not accepted Christ. I look at my life and the wretchedness of it. Im in no position to judge them, doubt can set in.

When Moses asks God for his name, God says, 'I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion'.

In other words, it is not for any of us to doubt the extent of God's love.

Upvote 0