Connecticut
✟26,726.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Congressional Democrats' Christmas gift for U.S. automakers.

by Henry Payne & Shikha Dalmia
12/31/2007, Volume 013, Issue 16

Detroit

Representative John Dingell, the powerful Michigan Democrat, prevented fellow Democrats from slaughtering Detroit auto companies during the recent battle in Congress over the energy bill. But this may be Dingell's--and the Big Three's--last stand as the green revolution overtakes the proletarian revolution among the priorities of the Democratic party . . .

But will this sacrifice curb climate change? Not really. John Christy, University of Alabama climatologist, maintains that even if the entire world adopted a fuel efficiency standard of 45 mpg, "the net effect would reduce projected warming by about 0.05 degrees Fahrenheit by 2100."

John Dingell bought time for U.S. automakers endangered by the quixotic crusades of climate warriors--but he won't live forever . . .

http://www.weeklystandard.com/Content/Public/Articles/000/000/014/524ufvut.asp?pg=2

Pepperoni

(clever saying goes here)
Feb 22, 2006
The Great Lake State
✟18,411.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
But will this sacrifice curb climate change? Not really.
Of course not. Oceans and volcanoes contribute 60 times as much "greenhouse gasses" (hydrochloroflourocarbons) EACH DAY, as all of human activity contributes in ONE YEAR.

Upvote 0

BlueFalcon

The shift key is your friend. :-)
Sep 25, 2007
✟15,623.00
Faith
Protestant
Politics
US-Constitution
Of course not. Oceans and volcanoes contribute 60 times as much "greenhouse gasses" (hydrochloroflourocarbons) EACH DAY, as all of human activity contributes in ONE YEAR.

Oceans and volcanoes are bigger climate change sinners than the United States?

Upvote 0

ImmortalTechnique

Senior Veteran
May 10, 2005
✟15,270.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

you might want to check your facts, and stop spewing dishonest claims

Upvote 0

Conspiracy Theory

I'm your huckleberry.
Nov 12, 2003
In a s00per sekret nukular bunkar!111!one!!!
✟14,257.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
UK-Conservative
you might want to check your facts, and stop spewing dishonest claims

I'm not sure how it is right now, but for a while, Mt. St. Helens was the worst polluter in the state.

How does that work?

:scratch:

Upvote 0

Voegelin

Reactionary
Aug 18, 2003
Connecticut
✟26,726.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
As UAW workers vote for and give money to those who made it much more difficult for me to make a living, bad news for Detroit is good news for me. Fine with me if we import cars from Bangladesh. At least those who make them won't be voting for Nancy Pelosi, John Conyers, Hillary Clinton and Barrick Obama.

Upvote 0