Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Constitution
Does a person need to want deliverance in order for us to minister it to them?

Typically it would be God telling you. There are many times that I have a desire to minister to someone but no green light from God….that doesn’t stop me from speaking with them or praying for them….. And there are times I would be witnessing to someone and get the green light. There may be times you get the green light but it is necessary to teach them what the Word declares before you minister…..it is just a walk with God.

The only exception to someone “needing to want deliverance” would be in the case of a dead person …where God has given the green light to get them up.

Upvote 0

ByTheSpirit

Come Lord Jesus
May 17, 2011
Manhattan, KS
✟192,685.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Typically it would be God telling you. There are many times that I have a desire to minister to someone but no green light from God….that doesn’t stop me from speaking with them or praying for them….. And there are times I would be witnessing to someone and get the green light. There may be times you get the green light but it is necessary to teach them what the Word declares before you minister…..it is just a walk with God.

The only exception to someone “needing to want deliverance” would be in the case of a dead person …where God has given the green light to get them up.

So the Holy Spirit showed me my wife is dealing with a serpent of anger. It's wrapped around her tight. He has given her two dreams confirming this, but still she says as long as she breaths she will not believe.

I know Jesus said if a demon is cast out but the house is not secured it will return with many more making that person's situation worse. That concerns me.

Now just the other day I had a dream that she was proclaiming Jesus as the Son of God so I don't think she will be stubborn for long but still I'm curious as I have never ministered deliverance myself.

Thank you for your gracious response.

• Prayers
Reactions: YahuahSaves
Upvote 0

Carl Emerson

Dec 18, 2017
Auckland
✟384,110.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Acts 16

16 Now it happened, as we went to prayer, that a certain slave girl possessed with a spirit of divination met us, who brought her masters much profit by fortune-telling. 17 This girl followed Paul and us, and cried out, saying, “These men are the servants of the Most High God, who proclaim to us the way of salvation.” 18 And this she did for many days.

But Paul, greatly annoyed, turned and said to the spirit, “I command you in the name of Jesus Christ to come out of her.” And he came out that very hour.
=================================================

As she was making money I doubt she had Paul's permission to deliver her.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ByTheSpirit

Come Lord Jesus
May 17, 2011
Manhattan, KS
✟192,685.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Acts 16

16 Now it happened, as we went to prayer, that a certain slave girl possessed with a spirit of divination met us, who brought her masters much profit by fortune-telling. 17 This girl followed Paul and us, and cried out, saying, “These men are the servants of the Most High God, who proclaim to us the way of salvation.” 18 And this she did for many days.

But Paul, greatly annoyed, turned and said to the spirit, “I command you in the name of Jesus Christ to come out of her.” And he came out that very hour.

As she was making money I doubt she had Paul's permission to deliver her.

I guess my concern comes from Jesus saying if a demon is cast out it can come back with more if the house isn't secured. So that seems like if the person doesn't want free then it's unwise to do so. But I am unlearned on the practicality of this as I have never done it before.

Upvote 0

sandman

Aug 17, 2003
MI
✟125,384.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Constitution
as long as she breaths she will not believe.
I have heard many utter similar words ....myself included...But, be patient and pray, you never know what it will be that turns the tide ... it may not be anything you say.... or maybe it will.... sometimes there is a pride thing going on....but it will happen....you just never know what or when.
Your example is going to be the one thing that is undeniable

Upvote 0

Carl Emerson

Dec 18, 2017
Auckland
✟384,110.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I guess my concern comes from Jesus saying if a demon is cast out it can come back with more if the house isn't secured. So that seems like if the person doesn't want free then it's unwise to do so. But I am unlearned on the practicality of this as I have never done it before.

Fair point but we don't know if this event resulted in her following Jesus.

Jesus drove sicknesses out of unbelievers some of whom did not even express thankfulness.

This issue is of not binding the Strong Man in unbelievers.

Even in believers - I would not deal with the demonic unless the brother of sister was capable of holding the ground gained.

Upvote 0

ByTheSpirit

Come Lord Jesus
May 17, 2011
Manhattan, KS
✟192,685.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Jesus drove sicknesses out of unbelievers some of whom did not even express thankfulness.

Even in believers - I would not deal with the demonic unless the brother of sister was capable of holding the ground gained.

How do you normally go about delivering people? Asking in sincerity, no baiting. Again I've never done it and while I know what the Bible says on the subject, hearing how people go about it also helps.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

tturt

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 30, 2006
✟809,746.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
'When the unclean spirit is gone out of a man, he walketh through dry places, seeking rest, and findeth none. 44 Then he saith, I will return into my house from whence I came out; and when he is come, he findeth it empty, swept, and garnished. 45 Then goeth he, and taketh with himself seven other spirits more wicked than himself, and they enter in and dwell there: and the last state of that man is worse than the first. Even so shall it be also unto this wicked generation." Matt 12:43-45

I believe deliverance needs to be under the direction of the Holy Spirit only. Think that the believers need to know upfront that they will need to be more diligent about reading God's Word and in prayer to avoid
Matt 12:43-45.

Upvote 0

ByTheSpirit

Come Lord Jesus
May 17, 2011
Manhattan, KS
✟192,685.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
'When the unclean spirit is gone out of a man, he walketh through dry places, seeking rest, and findeth none. 44 Then he saith, I will return into my house from whence I came out; and when he is come, he findeth it empty, swept, and garnished. 45 Then goeth he, and taketh with himself seven other spirits more wicked than himself, and they enter in and dwell there: and the last state of that man is worse than the first. Even so shall it be also unto this wicked generation." Matt 12:43-45

I believe deliverance needs to be under the direction of the Holy Spirit only. Think that the believers need to know upfront that they will need to be more diligent about reading God's Word and in prayer to avoid
Matt 12:43-45.

The Spirit showed me a few weeks ago my wife is under the attack of a serpent of anger. He then confirmed this twice to her in dreams, but she says at the moment that as long as she breaths she will not change or believe. Now just a few days ago I had a dream where she was proclaiming Jesus as the Son of God so maybe that's a sign that she is about to convert and be free?

• Prayers
Reactions: mourningdove~
Upvote 0

mourningdove~

"Pray, and prepare ..."
Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2005
✟452,295.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Would tell the relative that they didn't need to bring it up anymore.

I think this is very good advice, when/if we are talking about the deliverance of an unbelieving spouse.

A discussion with the unbeliever, about the unbeliever needing deliverance, could potentially drive a HUGE wedge between the two spouses ... more anger ... and that would give the enemy a 'win'.

Upvote 0

mourningdove~

"Pray, and prepare ..."
Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2005
✟452,295.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
The Spirit showed me a few weeks ago my wife is under the attack of a serpent of anger. He then confirmed this twice to her in dreams, but she says at the moment that as long as she breaths she will not change or believe. Now just a few days ago I had a dream where she was proclaiming Jesus as the Son of God so maybe that's a sign that she is about to convert and be free?

Could be.

I'm guessing you are already praying for your wive's conversion and for her to be free in Christ ...
so, I would keep praying privately for her. And wait on the Lord.:plus:

God loves your wife even more than you do. If what you are saying about her spiritual condition is true, you can know that God wants her set free and converted even more than you do.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ElenaMaria_9

Jun 7, 2022
South West England
✟17,359.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
They have to want to be delivered from evil to be delivered. You can minister the need to be saved. If not the deliverance.

The demons have access to the flesh but not the will

what if the person needing deliverance is saved?

Upvote 0

ElenaMaria_9

Jun 7, 2022
South West England
✟17,359.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate

what about when the strong man is oppressing a believer?

Upvote 0

ElenaMaria_9

Jun 7, 2022
South West England
✟17,359.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate

I do hope so! Standing with you in prayer for that

Upvote 0

Eloy Craft

Myth only points, Truth happened!
Site Supporter
Jan 9, 2018
Chandler
✟409,308.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
what if the person needing deliverance is saved?
That may or may not matter depending on the particulars surrounding the person needing delivered, the demon and it's activity.

Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟750,190.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Does a person need to want deliverance in order for us to minister it to them?
Yes. The person must want to be set free. Even the man possessed by Legion (about 5,000 demons) fell at Jesus' feet. It's plain when you read the accounts that Jesus healed and delivered those who came to Him. God will not go against a person's will.

Upvote 0